Chicago Bears Preseason Week 1

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

shot the fuk out of that brilliant idea.  😆

I still think Beuchelle is capable. All the salary issue shows is KC may have made a mistake signing an old guy like Henne to this contract. Hey..... but thanks again for your amazing insight and expertise.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I still think Beuchelle is capable. All the salary issue shows is KC may have made a mistake signing an old guy like Henne to this contract. Hey but thanks again for your amazing insight and expertise.

They seem to like Henne in the QB room. May be he's helping out with Buechele as well?  

19 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They seem to like Henne in the QB room. May be he's helping out with Buechele as well?  

Im sure you are correct. It may, however , force KC to take up an extra roster spot for that 3rd QB. Maybe keep Henne as a coach?

Did Kc not call on a veteran QB , Matt Moore, off the street in 2019 and win games? 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Thanks. It may still be worth it freeing up a roster spot? I

Maybe.  We had to add Buchelle (sp?) to the active roster last year to protect him from getting poached.  Henne is more about helping Pat in film work each week than on the field.  None of us knows what Boo-shell provides in that area.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Based on here the entire cap for Henne is 2 million and all of it would become dead cap https://overthecap.com/player/chad-henne/920 

I believe he'll stay around and unless there's a mystery injury to Buechele I wouldn't be surprised if we carry 3 QBs just to protect the guy. Seems to have a decent arm and can take over from Henne in 2023 unless he brings in a decent pick in FA and become NFL's next Chase Daniel. 

Use spotrac.  More accurate

41 minutes ago, xen said:

Maybe.  We had to add Buchelle (sp?) to the active roster last year to protect him from getting poached.  Henne is more about helping Pat in film work each week than on the field.  None of us knows what Boo-shell provides in that area.

Good stuff. I would think PM does not need film help. Especially with Nagy back.

40 minutes ago, xen said:

If I have a superbowl contender not sure I want my only backup to be a 2nd year street FA.

Sure I see that. Lets face it. KC isnt winning a SB without Mahomes at the helm. Matt Moore won games off the street. Henne is not anything special. Yes he knows the system. He is a career loser.

No doubt KC will not cut Henne. Reid needs a security blanket.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Sure I see that. Lets face it. KC isnt winning a SB without Mahomes at the helm. Matt Moore won games off the street. Henne is not anything special. Yes he knows the system. He is a career loser.

No doubt KC will not cut Henne. Reid needs a security blanket.

I don't think the point is that we win a Super Bowl without Mahomes.  Everyone knows that.  But Mahomes might sprain an ankle in the season and the difference between 2-2 and 0-4 during that time may be the difference in even making the playoffs.  It's not a security blanket it's just having a minutia of depth at the most important position in all of sports.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think the point is that we win a Super Bowl without Mahomes.  Everyone knows that.  But Mahomes might sprain an ankle in the season and the difference between 2-2 and 0-4 during that time may be the difference in even making the playoffs.  It's not a security blanket it's just having a minutia of depth at the most important position in all of sports.  

Yes Henne is minutia. LOL 

Funny. I know KC will keep Henne. Im simply stating Beuchelle is better. It is obvious KC will keep Henne. I hope Beuchelle clears waivers and go PS. Doubt it.

NFL should enact a few more roster spots. I hate the lack of depth at certain positions as you decide between an RB4 and QB3 or whatever. I also hate that the maximum guys you dress is less than the 53 man roster, right? A 55 or 60 man roster would let teams protect guys and keep positions deeper. With the concussion protocol, 17 game season, and crappy fields some teams play on, it is easy to lose guys even temporarily and be stuck in awkward spots. I get the iron man big tough persona, but when an independent 3rd party can yank players off the field, I think teams deserve some more spots.

That would let us keep a QB3, RB4, and extra linemen or two.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

NFL should enact a few more roster spots. I hate the lack of depth at certain positions as you decide between an RB4 and QB3 or whatever. I also hate that the maximum guys you dress is less than the 53 man roster, right? A 55 or 60 man roster would let teams protect guys and keep positions deeper. With the concussion protocol, 17 game season, and crappy fields some teams play on, it is easy to lose guys even temporarily and be stuck in awkward spots. I get the iron man big tough persona, but when an independent 3rd party can yank players off the field, I think teams deserve some more spots.

That would let us keep a QB3, RB4, and extra linemen or two.

I agree. Especially since they've added that extra game. I think it would help also if they added another bye.

4 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

I agree. Especially since they've added that extra game. I think it would help also if they added another bye.

Another bye would be nice. I think the current system is not fair. Getting a bye early is a disadvantage. So with two byes they could do AFC one week and NFC the next. 

6 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I still think Beuchelle is capable. All the salary issue shows is KC may have made a mistake signing an old guy like Henne to this contract. Hey..... but thanks again for your amazing insight and expertise.

Based on what?  Preseason games you said yourself you barely watched?

21 minutes ago, xen said:

Based on what?  Preseason games you said yourself you barely watched?

I never said I barely watch. The fact KC protected him last year says a lot. Its as much about Henne being nothing special vs a younger guy that can actually move and do more. Beuchelle has some Gannon in him. No doubt KC does not agree with me.  So they may keep 3 on the roster. I think Beuchelle will be claimed if put on waivers.

Its not like Henne is even good. He would not be claimed on waivers. He is now 37. 

Career

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
11 16 68.8 82 5.1 0 0 17 80.7
1200 2013 59.6 13,290 6.6 60 63 81 76.2

53 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I never said I barely watch. The fact KC protected him last year says a lot. Its as much about Henne being nothing special vs a younger guy that can actually move and do more. Beuchelle has some Gannon in him. No doubt KC does not agree with me.  So they may keep 3 on the roster. I think Beuchelle will be claimed if put on waivers.

Its not like Henne is even good. He would not be claimed on waivers. He is now 37. 

Career

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
11 16 68.8 82 5.1 0 0 17 80.7
1200 2013 59.6 13,290 6.6 60 63 81 76.2

As a backup in KC, he has completed 72 percent of his passes with 2 TDs and no interceptions with a rating of 100.00

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Beuchelle is the type of guy Andy drafts, trains, has in a starting line up a couple of times due to injury, plays well, and trades to a desperate team for a 2nd or 3rd round pick thinking he is a starter.

That would be nice.