Chicago Bears Preseason Week 1

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I never said I barely watch. The fact KC protected him last year says a lot. Its as much about Henne being nothing special vs a younger guy that can actually move and do more. Beuchelle has some Gannon in him. No doubt KC does not agree with me.  So they may keep 3 on the roster. I think Beuchelle will be claimed if put on waivers.

Its not like Henne is even good. He would not be claimed on waivers. He is now 37. 

Career

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
11 16 68.8 82 5.1 0 0 17 80.7
1200 2013 59.6 13,290 6.6 60 63 81 76.2

My bad.  I had you confused with cranjis.  To be fair you do both bitch a lot.

to-be-fair-letterkenny.gif

20 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I wasn’t aware of that. But the point was right. Don’t need Henne around anymore imo.

I mean I do agree we're getting to the point where pat doesn't really need that vet mentor anymore.  Andy has to trust that Shane can win a few games before he pulls that trigger though.  Not sure he's there yet.  The fact that Henne's getting all the 2nd team snaps in camp tells me Andy's not ready to let go the security blanket.

1 hour ago, xen said:

My bad.  I had you confused with cranjis.  To be fair you do both bitch a lot.

to-be-fair-letterkenny.gif

Bitch. Really. I simply have opinions that some dont agree with. Its a discussion group. I seldom BITCH. Its not that important to me. Its a game. I dont take it serious.

There is a nice group here that love to bitch about bitching. LOL

What is the full meaning of discussion?
Discussion is defined as talking or writing about something, especially in order to solve a problem or resolve a question. An example of a discussion is when two or more people disagree and decide to sit down and talk out their different opinions.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Bitch. Really. I simply have opinions that some, you, dont agree with. Its a discussion group. I seldom BITCH. Its not that important to me. Its a game. I dont take it serious.

There is a nice group here that love to bitch about bitching. LOL

What is the full meaning of discussion?
Discussion is defined as talking or writing about something, especially in order to solve a problem or resolve a question. An example of a discussion is when two or more people disagree and decide to sit down and talk out their different opinions.

To be fair, I've never seen him agree with anyone as much as he does you.  I thought for a while that he had 2 accounts but I checked the ip addresses when I became a mod. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

To be fair, I've never seen him agree with anyone as much as he does you.  I thought for a while that he had 2 accounts but I checked the ip addresses when I became a mod. 

Well if he agrees with me that's how you know something's wrong with him.

22 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Im sure you are correct. It may, however , force KC to take up an extra roster spot for that 3rd QB. Maybe keep Henne as a coach?

Did Kc not call on a veteran QB , Matt Moore, off the street in 2019 and win games? 

I believe every option is viable at this point. You don't keep around a player just because of a 2 million dead money, which in reality is just 1 million in cap due to the top 51 thing. However I don't think Reid would let a veteran leave before making sure the youngster is ready to take over the role. Keeping all 3 is an option IMO. Not sure if they still have the protected PS spots but if that's still a case I believe we'll see that one utilized. 

13 hours ago, xen said:

I mean I do agree we're getting to the point where pat doesn't really need that vet mentor anymore.  Andy has to trust that Shane can win a few games before he pulls that trigger though.  Not sure he's there yet.  The fact that Henne's getting all the 2nd team snaps in camp tells me Andy's not ready to let go the security blanket.

Yep. I would not be surprised if he gets a shot next year. They really seem to like him. 

15 hours ago, xen said:

Yea. Other scenario is Andy does what he does and flips Shane. If he keeps Lighting it up 

This loss was obviously a pretty big set back for the team.  They were able to hold Mahomes to just 60 yards passing.  We went through 4 quarterbacks trying to get the offense going and it just never seemed to work.  Seems like we are really missing Tyreek.  And gotta question Andy on not letting the starters play through some adversity.  On defense, Jones, Gay and Bolton each with just 1 tackle.  Gotta wonder if they are starting to decline.  Several people I have never even heard of played a far bigger role than our "stars".  

Overall a concerning game.  Hopefully we can get back on track next week.  Right now this doesn't feel like a playoff team at all.  

25 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yea. Other scenario is Andy does what he does and flips Shane. If he keeps Lighting it up 

That's a real possibility.  Buechele plays the majority of the game on Saturday and is then traded for a future pick and KC brings in another vet like they did Moore if needed.  

31 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

This loss was obviously a pretty big set back for the team.  They were able to hold Mahomes to just 60 yards passing.  We went through 4 quarterbacks trying to get the offense going and it just never seemed to work.  Seems like we are really missing Tyreek.  And gotta question Andy on not letting the starters play through some adversity.  On defense, Jones, Gay and Bolton each with just 1 tackle.  Gotta wonder if they are starting to decline.  Several people I have never even heard of played a far bigger role than our "stars".  

Overall a concerning game.  Hopefully we can get back on track next week.  Right now this doesn't feel like a playoff team at all.  

Yea they might be tanking to get the number 1 pick and get a QB. Not sure who is the QB badass next year but they must know something we don't. I bet they trade Mahomes and at least get a 5th or 6th out of him. Who knows whats going on. But season does not look good.  

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

8 hours ago, SEMO said:

Babylon Bee > The Onion

I’ll check it out. 

I did love the Onions book, Our dumb century, and the Front page from

July 21, 1969:

Holy Shit Man Walks On Fucking Moon. 

funny stuff there.