Depth Chart

I don't see how Josh Gordon survives to the 53.

We have excellent depth at Safety.  The Chiefs are preparing for 2023 without Juan Thornhill.

I feel really good about our linebacker group.  

Passrush is a major concern (captain obvious here). 

It's early, but I'm disappointed that Jones isn't ahead of McKinnon.  

Players that went to training camp that don’t get on the 53 or move to the practice squad.. with this much depth.. are sure to make other teams squads. 
This is feeling like the deepest roster the Chiefs have had in some time. 

26 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Players that went to training camp that don’t get on the 53 or move to the practice squad.. with this much depth.. are sure to make other teams squads. 
This is feeling like the deepest roster the Chiefs have had in some time. 

Deepest roster, but least experienced.  Interesting to see how it plays out over the season.  

18 minutes ago, Balto said:

Should it be concerning that Hardman is 3rd or 4th on the chart?  I really think trading him away, if we could get at least a 2nd, would be best.

I don't know, he's the only WR with experience in the offense except for Gordon and a practice squad player. More opportunities, contract year, think he's going to have a big year.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Should it be concerning that Hardman is 3rd or 4th on the chart?  I really think trading him away, if we could get at least a 2nd, would be best.

I doubt any team would drop a 2nd or 3rd on Hardman. I’d guess they are going to put him in the slot and be the gadget guy Andy always seems to want. He is the new DAT.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Do you really think any team would give up a second for a WR that can't crack the top three for the Chiefs?  Don't think so. 

whats a bigger mockery to any common sense that anybody  would even consider that this  preseason game roster has any basis of reality

I give you this article and snipit  as a reference.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/08/09/kc-chiefs-preseason-depth-chart-meaningless/

"Despite the abundance of analysis that fans and talking heads will squeeze out of this list, the reality is that the first official depth chart of the NFL season does not mean much at all."

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

whats a bigger mockery to any common sense that anybody  would even consider that this  preseason game roster has any basis of reality

I give you this article and snipit  as a reference.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/08/09/kc-chiefs-preseason-depth-chart-meaningless/

"Despite the abundance of analysis that fans and talking heads will squeeze out of this list, the reality is that the first official depth chart of the NFL season does not mean much at all."

Probably some exceptions, but the preseason depth chart is generally a list of the vets at the top and the newbies below them until they prove they are worthy to move up.  Only a couple of the higher draft picks even are listed second team or better.  This list is pretty worthless. 

• 2 weeks later...

With one game to go, my list looks like JuJu, Hardman, MVS, Skyy, Watson, Fountain at WR.  Bolton, Gay, Lee, Chenal, Harris at LB.  Sneed, McDuffie, Fenton, Williams, Watson, Lammon (Toub pick) at CB.  Saunders has earned a roster spot.  Henning in, Kaindoh out.  Kinnard to the PS and Veach pours over the other teams' cuts for back up linemen.  Reid, Thornhill, Cook, and Bush make up the safety room.  

Very interesting game for some of the bubble guys. Josh Gordon led the WRs in snaps with 27 and only drew 2 targets. They gave him chance to show other teams what he could do.

The same can't be said for RoJo. If they were trying to trade him I would think he would get featured a little more. He was out snapped by Gore, Pacheco, Fleet-Davis and Ealy. Either they want to stash him on the practice squad (concerns about CEH/McKinnon health), but I think he would get picked up so not sure why you would d do that. Or they have zero interest in him at all. If that were the case, they would have let him walk with Johnson. Bizarre situation with him. Expect him gone this week.

I think Saunders pulled ahead of Stallworth, but yet to see a push by Kaindoh or Herring. Still think DT is deep enough you have to keep 5. You just can't cut Saunders and Stallworth to keep Kaindoh or Herring IMO.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

Very interesting game for some of the bubble guys. Josh Gordon led the WRs in snaps with 27 and only drew 2 targets. They gave him chance to show other teams what he could do.

The same can't be said for RoJo. If they were trying to trade him I would think he would get featured a little more. He was out snapped by Gore, Pacheco, Fleet-Davis and Ealy. Either they want to stash him on the practice squad (concerns about CEH/McKinnon health), but I think he would get picked up so not sure why you would d do that. Or they have zero interest in him at all. If that were the case, they would have let him walk with Johnson. Bizarre situation with him. Expect him gone this week.

I think Saunders pulled ahead of Stallworth, but yet to see a push by Kaindoh or Herring. Still think DT is deep enough you have to keep 5. You just can't cut Saunders and Stallworth to keep Kaindoh or Herring IMO.

I'd guess Stallworth and Kaindoh don't make the 53.  Bootle also played himself out of a job.  JMHO

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'd guess Stallworth and Kaindoh don't make the 53.  Bootle also played himself out of a job.  JMHO

Yea, the freaking Kaindoh project should be DONE. IMO, the dude should not have even been drafted. He had 0 sacks in college! ZERO...But Spags falls in love with "physical" traits vs real skills...

17 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, the freaking Kaindoh project should be DONE. IMO, the dude should not have even been drafted. He had 0 sacks in college! ZERO...But Spags falls in love with "physical" traits vs real skills...

on the plus side he cost literally nothing and only  in his 2nd year..mighta been more palatable if he was a 6th rndr as his 5.65 Draft Grade pretty much tells says it all but ya never know coulda been the next Jared Allen, he was taken in the 4rth as well.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

I mean, he actually had 8 in college. Last 2 years were injury marred but had 8 sacks prior to RSJ year.

Stallworth’s preseason performance does not help. Stallworth has been the Chiefs’ worst-graded defensive tackle against the Commanders, according to PFF. Other players such as Khalen Saunders, Tershawn Wharton, and Shelton are all firmly ahead of Stallworth as of right now. At best, Stallworth is Kansas City’s DT6, and the Chiefs do not carry six defensive tackles on the 53-man roster.

Stallworth is likely a prime trade candidate, as other teams will see his value. Stallworth has still applied five pressures this preseason, albeit against second- or third-string offensive linemen. If the Chiefs can recoup a conditional pick, such as a sixth- or seventh-round selection, that would be ideal.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/08/22/five-chiefs-players-barely-hanging-onto-roster-spot/4/