This year's disappointment

Nearly every training camp, there's one new player who gets hyped as the second coming of a comparable Hall of Fame player.  Three years ago it was RB Thompson.  One year it was Knile Davis.  Another it was Bobby Scipio.  So who is this year's hot new guy that we won't remember three years from now.  Maybe we could call it the Jozwiak award.  

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t know if there is that guy this year. But Ronald Jones is probably the biggest bust of the offseason.

Yeah, Jones was pegged as a complement to CEH and has disappointed so far.  Not sure how much of that is due to the rise of Pacheco.  Lonnie Johnson wasn't hyped that much but was certainly slated to be at least #4 CB.  Maybe Jayson Watson makes the 53 but never plays.  

A dark horse could be Frank Clark.  Not sure he is being hyped at all but his lifestyle changes (which is to be commended) seems to indicate he will have a bouce back year this year.  I'm pretty numb to the "Changes in the offseason" or "Best shape of their life" reasons for a turn around.  

12 hours ago, reesebobby said:

But probably Pacheco has the potential for most overhyped. 

I think it's gotta be Pacheco.  I was super hyped when we drafted him as he was one of my favorite running backs in the draft.  So it's not that I don't think he'll be good, however we pass a ton and the backfield is crowded so I don't see him getting enough touches to really break out unless it's due to injuries in the RB room.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I think it's gotta be Pacheco.  I was super hyped when we drafted him as he was one of my favorite running backs in the draft.  So it's not that I don't think he'll be good, however we pass a ton and the backfield is crowded so I don't see him getting enough touches to really break out unless it's due to injuries in the RB room.

Agree that he's been over hyped, but if he's really the #2, he'll get some touches and he's supposed to be pretty good in the pass game.  Ryan Tracy keep pointing out that he needs to learn to run smarter but that could come with experience.  He didn't get much at Rutgers.  

9 minutes ago, robgar said:

all the people predicting the chiefs demise

Everything based on the lack of Hill.  I can see the Chiefs offense going from 30 points/game to 28 or something similar while the defense grows into giving up less than last season.  At least that's the hope.  Hill did a lot, but he also lost a few deflected passes for INTs and didn't play the last play of the Cinn. playoff loss well.  Great, but not necessarily indispensable.  

Too early to call. Besides the first couple rounds I don't think any rookie can be on such a list as they need to learn and adjust. Pacheco seems to get more praises from the team than anyone else without showing as much on the field but as a late round rookie he definitely needs some time. 

9 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

What i saw of Pacheco did not impress.  He reminds me of CEH, runs to where the hole is supposed to be.  There were a lot of times he had wide open lanes to cut back to that he did not.  We miss a RB with vision!!

That will take time/experience for Pacheco.  Vision is not his problem.  He quickly diagnosed holes in college.  His problem is his college team was so bad at blocking they forced him to learn to hit the first hole he sees.  Now that he has a real line he just has to learn the patience to let things develop.  Knowing when to hit the first thing you see or when to wait for the play to develop takes experience.  Some guys get that in college.  He did not.