This year's disappointment

On 8/19/2022 at 11:58 PM, Lamardirts said:

I think his drops are gonna drive some of us crazy.   

He dropped that quick slant early in the game and I just shook my  head...I have not looked at the replay of the game...but I saw that drop and immediately started remembering about how he has the dropsies...

He hasn't exactly been hyped much during preseason, but it's looking like it may be Kinnard. He was pissed that he got drafted so late, and a lot of us thought that would be good motivation. So far, he seems to be struggling. I hope I'm wrong, and he may pan out, but right now I'm not so sure. 

44 minutes ago, qnet said:

He hasn't exactly been hyped much during preseason, but it's looking like it may be Kinnard. He was pissed that he got drafted so late, and a lot of us thought that would be good motivation. So far, he seems to be struggling. I hope I'm wrong, and he may pan out, but right now I'm not so sure. 

Kinnard belongs on the practice squad.  He's just not ready to play OT against good competition.  Maybe he can learn over time, but even Prince or Christian would be a better choice at the present.  Not over hyped.  Never showed anything in TC. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Kinnard belongs on the practice squad.  He's just not ready to play OT against good competition.  Maybe he can learn over time, but even Prince or Christian would be a better choice at the present.  Not over hyped.  Never showed anything in TC. 

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the whole group.  When I feel notably better that Wylie is starting at RT that should sound warning bells.  I also don't think you can count on Niang at all either.  Hope they can sign a veteran or an upgrade after the cuts.   Wylie has grown on me some but he is still a liablity long term.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the whole group.  When I feel notably better that Wylie is starting at RT that should sound warning bells.  I also don't think you can count on Niang at all either.  Hope they can sign a veteran or an upgrade after the cuts.   Wylie has grown on me some but he is still a liablity long term.  

We need a solid RT. None of the guys we have, has shown to be that other than quality back ups needed in a pinch. I can't wait to see the waiver wire pick ups.

I am on the MVS will be a dissapointment. He had the dropsies in GB and they're showing up here. PM15 will not throw him the ball if he causes one of those deflection interception events. I want MVS to do well because of size and speed..but if he can't catch the damn ball then wth. 

And Wylie???? Whatever. Like everyone has said, we gotta find a better option at right tackle. Wylie will get Mahomes KILLED. 

Pass rush...??..Fingers are crossed that Dunlap, Jones and Karloftis/Clark can generate something. If they can't were gonna struggle with the likes of Russell, Herbert and Carr/Devonta Adams....

2 hours ago, artsy said:

I am on the MVS will be a dissapointment. He had the dropsies in GB and they're showing up here. PM15 will not throw him the ball if he causes one of those deflection interception events. I want MVS to do well because of size and speed..but if he can't catch the damn ball then wth. 

And Wylie???? Whatever. Like everyone has said, we gotta find a better option at right tackle. Wylie will get Mahomes KILLED. 

Pass rush...??..Fingers are crossed that Dunlap, Jones and Karloftis/Clark can generate something. If they can't were gonna struggle with the likes of Russell, Herbert and Carr/Devonta Adams....

How bad is dunlap and his Achilles?

On 8/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, xen said:

That will take time/experience for Pacheco.  Vision is not his problem.  He quickly diagnosed holes in college.  His problem is his college team was so bad at blocking they forced him to learn to hit the first hole he sees.  Now that he has a real line he just has to learn the patience to let things develop.  Knowing when to hit the first thing you see or when to wait for the play to develop takes experience.  Some guys get that in college.  He did not.

if Pacheco learns to be patient, he will be incredible.. show the man some Jamaal charles film.. and he will figure it out pretty quickly. 

Xen is very correct that line he ran behind in college.. was worse than bad