Chiefs vs Packers Preseason game 3

2 hours ago, artsy said:

I'd like to see them commit to running the ball more, any DE besides Karloftis get a sack and little more Brandin Cook. I think he might be a diamond in the rough..

Cook has played well when given the opportunity.  Of course, the bar was low when Sorenson played last year.  Chenal plays well in the run game, but has to learn coverage skills before Sags will trust him beyond special situations.  

8 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I must be the only person who see’s nothing in buchele. He essentially pulls the ball down to run nearly instantly 90% of the time, its kinda maddening.

3 runs and 13 passes. 90%. You need a math class. Guy is playing with the second and now third string line. 

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Kc is showcasing Buechele

Yep. And obviously im exaggerating about him scrambling constantly. #6 wr battle is interesting, im leaning corey coleman. Scratch that on coleman, he is older than I thought, not sure on this one, might be a candidate to raid a cut from another team

21 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Yep. And obviously im exaggerating about him scrambling constantly. #6 wr battle is interesting, im leaning corey coleman. Scratch that on coleman, he is older than I thought, not sure on this one, might be a candidate to raid a cut from another team

Sticking with Fountain as my guess on the Sixth.  Coleman will be PS along with Powell.  The Gordon experiment is probably over. 

Up until yesterday, I had heard great things about Pacheco, but really hadn't seen anything special. Yesterday he was patient, explosive, illusive and powerful. What a great performance by the young RB. 

Sucks for Bushman. I did enough to catch on somewhere. 

I'll stick with Henne, thank you. He is too slow and old to get run happy. He is more calm and calculated in is his play, but I do like the kid.

18 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Up until yesterday, I had heard great things about Pacheco, but really hadn't seen anything special. Yesterday he was patient, explosive, illusive and powerful. What a great performance by the young RB. 

Sucks for Bushman. I did enough to catch on somewhere. 

I'll stick with Henne, thank you. He is too slow and old to get run happy. He is more calm and calculated in is his play, but I do like the kid.

Good point. Would like to see Beuchele play with the ones to really compare. He is a Gannon type QB and moving is part of his game. Heck PM did some quote"  moves out of the pocket that were not needed" last week. Some guys throw it well on the run not to mention are good at running with the ball.

Shane Buechele: There isn’t a backup quarterback competition in Kansas City — but if there were, Buechele’s performance on Thursday certainly would have made it interesting. He led all quarterbacks with 166 passing yards, a pair of touchdown drives and a passer rating of 135.9. He’s shown the ability to scramble and has capitalized on opportunities to hit open receivers. If they think he’ll clear waivers, the Chiefs will be happy to sign him to the practice squad, Otherwise, they might just have to carry a third passer on Tuesday’s initial 53-man roster.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Buechele is NOT ready to lead the Chiefs offense for an extended time.  If Mahomes went down, Veach would be scouring the lists for a vet like they did with Moore.  Best bet this morning is that some team will offer a seventh for Buechele.  At the least, he'll be on the Chiefs PS. 

No doubt Reid will keep Henne. No doubt Henne would not be picked up if released so he would be a phone call way. If  Mahomes goes down for an extended time he will be available. Keeping 3 QBs costs another roster spot. Will be interesting to see what KC decides. Beuchele has to clear waivers to be on PS. There is some risk. Its not a given.