cutdown day is a week away - Roster Predictions

RoJo and Gordon are trade candidates, but everyone knows they will be cut.

I predict both Shelton and Saunders make it meaning 5 DTs. DEs Clark, Karl, Danna, Dunlap, Herring with Herring dropped for a FA.

RB keep 4. Gore makes it at #4.

2 QBs with Henne.

DBs are tough. Even moreso with that game Lammons turned in. I think there are spots in the secondary and LB group that are still up for grabs.

14 minutes ago, DieHard said:

RoJo and Gordon are trade candidates, but everyone knows they will be cut.

I predict both Shelton and Saunders make it meaning 5 DTs. DEs Clark, Karl, Danna, Dunlap, Herring with Herring dropped for a FA.

RB keep 4. Gore makes it at #4.

2 QBs with Henne.

DBs are tough. Even moreso with that game Lammons turned in. I think there are spots in the secondary and LB group that are still up for grabs.

Cbs will be Sneed, Fenton, McDuffie, Williams, Watson and Lammons for special teams.  Safeties should be Reid, Thornhill, Cook, and Bush.  Nazeeh Johnson, Bootle, and Anderson to the practice squad. I could be wrong.  

Chiefs placed RB Derrick Gore (thumb) on injured reserve.

The designation will end Gore's season (with the Chiefs, at least) before it begins. Gore had a couple of 40-plus yard games in 2021, adding two rushing touchdowns, but the Chiefs buried him on the depth chart by signing Ronald Jones and re-signing Jerrick McKinnon. His absence unclouds the picture at running back for the Chiefs a bit. 28 in December, Gore is no lock to remain on the roster. 

44 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Cbs will be Sneed, Fenton, McDuffie, Williams, Watson and Lammons for special teams.  Safeties should be Reid, Thornhill, Cook, and Bush.  Nazeeh Johnson, Bootle, and Anderson to the practice squad. I could be wrong.  

Sounds good to me.

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs placed RB Derrick Gore (thumb) on injured reserve.

The designation will end Gore's season (with the Chiefs, at least) before it begins. Gore had a couple of 40-plus yard games in 2021, adding two rushing touchdowns, but the Chiefs buried him on the depth chart by signing Ronald Jones and re-signing Jerrick McKinnon. His absence unclouds the picture at running back for the Chiefs a bit. 28 in December, Gore is no lock to remain on the roster. 

Wow. They may be keeping RoJo. Hope Ealy and Fleet-Davis esq. make the practice squad.

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Wow. They may be keeping RoJo. Hope Ealy and Fleet-Davis esq. make the practice squad.

I think they keep three. Jones is cut. No trade value. No big deal. KC will never run the ball enough with Reid as head coach. Like he has stated many times. " A three yard toss is as good as a run". 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think they keep three. Jones is cut. No trade value. No big deal. KC will never run the ball enough with Reid as head coach. Like he has stated many times. " A three yard toss is as good as a run". 

Considering the weapons on this team, I am good with a pass happy offense. I am afraid a run heavy look would mean a 7-10 season. I am happy with 40% run and 60% pass.

58 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I will try to come up with a full roster at soem point, but in terms of the rbs i won’t be surprised if jones makes the roster initially, only to be cut before week 1 and replaced by a younger back that is released by another team

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The Raiders released a RB yesterday that would be an upgrade over what RoJo has shown thus far.  Don't know if he signed somewhere else yet. 

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wow!  I thought it was more like 33-35%.  Someone said Reid had never gone over 38% with the Chiefs.  Seems low considering the Charles years and the one year that Hunt ran wild. 

Actually I think it was 62% pass plays.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Raiders released a RB yesterday that would be an upgrade over what RoJo has shown thus far.  Don't know if he signed somewhere else yet. 

Drake, who they owe dead money to now after he signed a 2 year deal with them.

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

3 is way too risky IMO. It's very likely that we'll just use 2 of them regularly but still need them practicing with Mahomes for the playoff push. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

3 is way too risky IMO. It's very likely that we'll just use 2 of them regularly but still need them practicing with Mahomes for the playoff push. 

PFF's Doug Kyed reports that "multiple league sources" have identified RB Darrel Williams as a potential "surprise cut or trade this summer."

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

PFF's Doug Kyed reports that "multiple league sources" have identified RB Darrel Williams as a potential "surprise cut or trade this summer."

Pass. He kept and we have others to try out first and see. Them hit the waiver wire before him. Even though he knows the offense I would try that first before trading for him or even when cut.

24 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Pass. He kept and we have others to try out first and see. Them hit the waiver wire before him. Even though he knows the offense I would try that first before trading for him or even when cut.

Agree. I just simply posted he is available. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

CEH, McKinnon, and Pacheco are fine if Williams is there one being talked about as an add. If you trade CEH then we could talk but at this point go with what we have and watch the cut wire for an actual upgrade