cutdown day is a week away - Roster Predictions

18 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

We have released T Roderick Johnson. We have waived QB Dustin Crum, RB Tayon Fleet-Davis, WR Aaron Parker, and LB Mike Rose.

no surprises there. I figured TFD was on the hot seat when he barely saw any action last game

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

There were talks he could be a dark horse backup after the draft.  Never could break into the top 5 though.

It would be a surprise if Rose wasn't on the PS by Wed.  Not sure about Davis.  Rose has potential, but he reportedly wasn't close to earning a spot this season.  

my only hope is they stop designating roster spots for Toub to have gunners for special teams. We need to start using the #6 wr spot and final safety spots for players with promising, and Toub needs to coach them up.

We dont need to end up with the Marcus Kemps of the world getting snaps in actual games because toub gets his feeling hurt if he doesnt get his roster spots.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

my only hope is they stop designating roster spots for Toub to have gunners for special teams. We need to start using the #6 wr spot and final safety spots for players with promising, and Toub needs to coach them up.

We dont need to end up with the Marcus Kemps of the world getting snaps in actual games because toub gets his feeling hurt if he doesnt get his roster spots.

I see no problem if the #6 receiver and #6 CB are picked because of special teams potential.  They'll seldom be called on except for ST and that's an important part of the game.  Toub has a pretty good record on ST and there's a reason.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I see no problem if the #6 receiver and #6 CB are picked because of special teams potential.  They'll seldom be called on except for ST and that's an important part of the game.  Toub has a pretty good record on ST and there's a reason.  

they need an effort to take power from him. i dont want to see anymore kickoff returns brought out of the endzone to the 19 yard line risking a fumble or block in the back when they can simply kneel and give the best QB in the league the ball at the 25.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

they need an effort to take power from him. i dont want to see anymore kickoff returns brought out of the endzone to the 19 yard line risking a fumble or block in the back when they can simply kneel and give the best QB in the league the ball at the 25.

Our ST is usually one of the best. It is a big part if the game and you want to gut it? What is 6 yards worth really either the 19 or 25 yard line? Do you complain when it ends up on the 31 and wish we had kneeled?

By the way I looked up return average in kickoffs and even if the all were in the end zone they still get close to the 25. 12 fumbles were lost all last year, running game and receiving included. I highly doubt the majority of them were on ST.

Average Kickoff Return Yards 

37 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I doubt it matters much if the best QB in the league starts his drive from the 19 or the 25.  Obviously, it's stupid to run the ball out from deep in the end zone only to get tackled short of the 29, but is that on Toub or is that players who overestimate their abilities?  Having a policy that returns can't originate in the end zone would eliminate some pretty exciting returns. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I doubt it matters much if the best QB in the league starts his drive from the 19 or the 25.  Obviously, it's stupid to run the ball out from deep in the end zone only to get tackled short of the 29, but is that on Toub or is that players who overestimate their abilities?  Having a policy that returns can't originate in the end zone would eliminate some pretty exciting returns. 

disagree, that SHOULD be the policy, and TOUB should make them do it. and REID should make TOUB do this or fire him.

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Our ST is usually one if the best. It is a big part if the game and you want to gut it? What is 6 yards worth really wither the 19 or 25 yard line? Do you complain when it ends up on the 31 and wish we had kneeled?

By the way I looked up return average in kickoffs and even if the all were in the end zone they still get close to the 25. 12 fumbles were list all last year, running game and receiving included. I highly doubt the majority of them were on ST.

you just proved me point. and yes i do complain if we return to the 31 because i dont think its worth the risk of the fumble or block in the back placing the ball at the 3 yard line.

34 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

you just proved me point. and yes i do complain if we return to the 31 because i dont think its worth the risk of the fumble or block in the back placing the ball at the 3 yard line.

Proved it? I showed you the average of those returns, fumbles lost all year from all assets if the game and you want to kneel to save possibly 6 yards? You can look up the times we went well over average for a huge gain or possibly a td etc. I did not prove your point at all, in fact I disagree with it showing the stats and I like to see the aggressive play.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Proved it? I showed you the average of those returns, fumbles lost all year from all assets if the game and you want to kneel to save possibly 6 yards? You can look up the times we went well over average for a huge gain or possibly a td etc. I did not prove your point at all, in fact I disagree with it showing the stats and I like to see the aggressive play.

your quote is

"

"

sooooo yeah

Chiefs released WR Josh Gordon. 

This comes as something of a surprise after Kansas City beat writers projected Gordon to make the team following a solid training camp. At 31, Gordon's NFL prospects are inarguably dim. The once-elite wideout could sign with a team in need of receiver depth, though he would remain miles away from fantasy relevance. 

The Kansas City Star's Herbie Teope reports Ronald Jones made the Chiefs 53-player roster. 

Jones, per Teope, played his way onto the final KC roster with a strong third preseason showing. Jones' roster spot seemed tenuous at best with the emergence of rookie Isiah Pacheco in training camp. Staying on KC's roster is probably the worst thing that could happen to Jones' fantasy value. He could have fallen into regular carries on another roster with less running back depth. Nevertheless, Jones will start the 2022 regular season without a defined role. Clyde Edwards-Helaire will be the Chiefs No. 1 back, with Jerick McKinnon likely taking on passing down snaps. 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The Kansas City Star's Herbie Teope reports Ronald Jones made the Chiefs 53-player roster. 

Jones, per Teope, played his way onto the final KC roster with a strong third preseason showing. Jones' roster spot seemed tenuous at best with the emergence of rookie Isiah Pacheco in training camp. Staying on KC's roster is probably the worst thing that could happen to Jones' fantasy value. He could have fallen into regular carries on another roster with less running back depth. Nevertheless, Jones will start the 2022 regular season without a defined role. Clyde Edwards-Helaire will be the Chiefs No. 1 back, with Jerick McKinnon likely taking on passing down snaps. 

My thought with all the use they gave him in that 3rd game  that they gave him the chance to sink or swim...he swam

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Trade value also here, if they feel they can get something from him. Then use that roster spot to pick up another player when cuts are done. There are some teams in need of RB for sure, like the Ravens. Even though they picked up Drake, they are still thin at RB as one example.