cutdown day is a week away - Roster Predictions

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Trade value also here, if they feel they can get something from him. Then use that roster spot to pick up another player when cuts are done. There are some teams in need of RB for sure, like the Ravens. Even though they picked up Drake, they are still thin at RB as one example.

Possible but i also think he adds something that has been lacking in a  physical runner between the tackles, he finishes runs. I think they see value in that for short yardage and goal line.  KC has an interor line that can dominate but did they have a back last year that could compliment that on a consistent basis.  

4 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Possible but i also think he adds something that has been lacking in a  physical runner between the tackles, he finishes runs. I think they see value in that for short yardage and goal line.  KC has an interor line that can dominate but did they have a back last year that could compliment that on a consistent basis.  

YEP! ^^^^^

46 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

lol, and that is still worth the risk, even better than the 19 yard line you claimed in your post...... so yeah

Last thing i will say on this, and this is just so i am trying to understand your thought process.

you are claiming that bringing the ball out of the end zone to a yardage line shorter than where it would be than simply kneeling, and in so doing allowing the possibility of turnover and penalties, is a good decision because its an exciting play for the fans to watch on tv?

if this is  correct we simply have brains that process how to win a superbowl differently 

Taking the ball out on kick offs is about strategy and situations. If you are playing a team that sucks on special teams you may want to try and exploit that. If you have a Tyrek Hill you may want to let him do his thing. If you are down 10 with 7 minutes to play you may want to go for it. If you never take it out, playing scared, then how can you execute it when you really need it? Toub has done a fine job over the years with special teams. Special teams is important and needs some talented guys to be a success. Reid can say dont bring it out any time. I bet he has from time to time. 

The only surprising thing is Ronald Jones not being cut. They must want a power runner, see things in camp, and blame his first couple of games on bad play of 2nd and 3rd string linemen.

I really have no high expectations for him. He was supposed to take over Tampa and never did. But if he can get 3 yards and a cloud of dust consistently on 3rd and short, I am fine with him occupying space. But if he is no more effective than others, in-season cut candidate.

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs released WR Daurice Fountain, according to a source. This is a surprise move, figured Fountain was in because he knew scheme and can contribute on special teams.

surely they'll bring him back on to the PS. Head scratcher to me as well but maybe what AFC said too

2 hours ago, xen said:

Booshell fans rejoice

Just a reminder. Henne threw a pathetic INT in that playoff game. No reason to even attempt that throw. Yes he did get that 4th down scramble.

The momentum finally turned, the Browns began to lean heavily on their vaunted run game, which had produced just 18 yards in the first half. Nick Chubb converted on fourth down with a hard run, then Hunt followed another fourth-down conversion on the same drive by hitting the end zone against his former team to make it 22-17 with 11:07 to go.

It remained with Cleveland when Karl Joseph picked off Henne in the end zone a few minutes later, but the Chiefs stuffed Chubb on first down, forced an incompletion and ultimately made Cleveland punt.

Henne's gutsy scramble and Reid's equally daring fourth-down call kept the Browns from having another chance.

Chiefs will carry TE Blake Bell (hip) on initial 53-player roster and release LB Elijah Lee, according to a source. Lee doesn't have to go through waivers as a vested veteran. I'm told the Chiefs will place Bell on IR after 53 set, and then bring back Lee to roster.

SoHRRNKH_normal.jpg

The Chiefs cut linebacker Jermaine Carter, source tells The Star.

This is especially interesting because when the Chiefs signed the former Carolina Panthers linebacker in late March, all of his $1.77 million contract was guaranteed; in 2021, Carter started all of the team’s games. This means Kansas City will continue to carry Carter’s cap hit on its books throughout the season.

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

SoHRRNKH_normal.jpg

The Chiefs cut linebacker Jermaine Carter, source tells The Star.

This is especially interesting because when the Chiefs signed the former Carolina Panthers linebacker in late March, all of his $1.77 million contract was guaranteed; in 2021, Carter started all of the team’s games. This means Kansas City will continue to carry Carter’s cap hit on its books throughout the season.

That is interesting!

Chiefs released C Austin Reiter.

Reiter played in Kansas City for three seasons before joining the Saints and then Dolphins in 2021. From 2018 to 2020, Reiter made 18 starts for the Chiefs. His experience in the system should earn him a spot on the team's practice squad

• Waived. OL Vitaliy Gurman, S Devon Key, S Zayne Anderson, OL Mike Caliendo, WR Cornell Powell, LB Jack Cochrane, TE Jordan Franks
  • Waived/injured: None
  • Released: OL Roderick Johnson, WR Josh Gordon, DT Taylor Stallworth, DT Danny Shelton, WR Daurice Fountain, LB Elijah Lee, LB Jermaine Carter, Jr., WR Corey Coleman, OL Austin Reiter

Also stands out to me that if they cut josh gordon, cornell powell, daurice fountain, and corey coleman, we are only carrying 5 wrs on the roster, unless you count jerrion ealy who is listed as rb/wr on the roster, but he is mostly a rb.

this signals to me they must have a few people on their radar to pick up that got cut off other teams.

also if they are keeping blake bell on active roster, but won’t be able to play, they might be looking at a receiving te such as oj howard to temporarily fill that spot.

and finally, thank the gods zayne anderson didn’t make the team. 

Wide receivers (5): JuJu Smith-Schuster, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Mecole Hardman, Skyy Moore, Justin Watson

The Chiefs keeping only five wide receivers was somewhat of a surprise — especially because of the well-known special-teams upside of Daurice Fountain. We knew the top four players on this list would certainly make the team — and Watson impressed Mahomes throughout the offseason and preseason. Pay attention to which wide receivers make the practice squad (right now, it’s looking like Corey Coleman and Cornell Powell), as these will be the first players up should there be an injury to one of the five receivers on the 53-man roster.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Coleman, Fountain, Powell, and Gordon all released. Are the Chiefs going with five WRs or is one coming back?  Didn't see this coming.  

I wonder if they are saving a spot for Justyn Ross. I'm not sure when he'll be coming off IR.