11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hill seems a little bitter that he's not with the Chiefs any more and isn't handling it in a very mature manner.  He had to know the Chiefs would never offer him the Miami sized contract and it's just business that he chose the bigger bucks.  The Chiefs took a chance on him when he was damaged goods and stuck with him when the g/f tried to set him up.  Doesn't mean he owes them his life, but a little gratitude would seem to be in order.  

The Chiefs gave him THIS Life, so yeah he does owe Hunt and the Chiefs a bit more than gratitude...I hope Karma pays Mr. Hill a visit this season

It isn't just Hill though.   Buddy of mine sent a clip from Rich Eisen who basically couldnt believe he was having to defend Mahomes in the manner he was.  Hill saying his stuff, Watkins getting in on it this week a D/C calling Mahomes a one read QB to the plethora of articles basically expecting Mahomes to regress this year without Hill.  

Mahomes has some Michael Jordan in him in that he hears all that stuff then uses to fuel the fire.  Jordan would do the same thing.  

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Tyreek is no diplomat. He says dumb stuff all the time. He can't reconcile the ability to compliment his former team/QB and his current one at the same time....so he throws shade, backs off it and then throws it again. I've learned to take his comments with a grain of salt. 

He is very immature apparently.  Its not hard to compliment your new team without throwing shade at your former team who like many of you stated stuck their neck out and took a PR beating for drafting him and not cutting him after his GF's lies.   I'm happy he got generational wealth but lets not kid ourselves the 21 million the Chiefs offered is more than enough to be considered generational.   He will do great in Miami and probably end up in the HOF and we will be just fine with the haul we got.  Both teams won imo.  

5 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

It isn't just Hill though.   Buddy of mine sent a clip from Rich Eisen who basically couldnt believe he was having to defend Mahomes in the manner he was.  Hill saying his stuff, Watkins getting in on it this week a D/C calling Mahomes a one read QB to the plethora of articles basically expecting Mahomes to regress this year without Hill.  

Mahomes has some Michael Jordan in him in that he hears all that stuff then uses to fuel the fire.  Jordan would do the same thing.  

I seen on YouTube where Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless were going off on Hill. Sharpe basically said he got paid so he should just STFU.

I concur.

5 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

I heard he fucks goats.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I cant believe you let him pack your guy's vagina's with sand.. I mean really? In a few years after Miami lets him go you'd all welcome him back with open arms

Yeah this is fact.  I think he probably just wanted the money and to play in kc.  I mean I can't blame him for taking the money and I can't say I would regret the decision (I mean if I went from Pat to Tua I would regret it, but I'd cry myself to sleep on a big pile of money so it evens out), but it has to hurt his ego that kc didn't want to pay him market.  But yes I'd still take him back.  Reek talks shit.  That's what he do.

Meh.  Let him talk.  It doesn't effect us any.

We got McDuffie, Moore, and still 2 more of their picks to use for 2023.  Plus, we didn't have to back up the Brinks truck for a receiver who would have started their inevitable decline before that contract was finished.

12 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah this is fact.  I think he probably just wanted the money and to play in kc.  I mean I can't blame him for taking the money and I can't say I would regret the decision (I mean if I went from Pat to Tua I would regret it, but I'd cry myself to sleep on a big pile of money so it evens out), but it has to hurt his ego that kc didn't want to pay him market.  But yes I'd still take him back.  Reek talks shit.  That's what he do.

I thought KC did offer him market and his agent had a verbal agreement on an extension.  Then the Adams deal came down and suddenly the market went beyond what KC could or would pay.  So the Chiefs made a good business decision to save a ton of cap space, get two more starters from the draft, and got younger for the future.  Hill got his money, got back to Florida, and had his ego stoked by the contract.  When I was a kid, I sometimes helped neighboring farmers make hay, drive tractor, or help one guy with his turkeys. (dirtiest job one can imagine).  One piece of advice my grandfather told me was, "Never bad mouth someone you work for no matter if he underpays, is difficult to work for, or rounds off the hours in his favor."  Hill should have taken such advice. 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:25 PM, xen said:

I agree with most of that xen but 21 million per year is about as market as market goes.   KC didn't want to reset the market.   There has been to much from his own agent to give credence to any of this trash talk, but you are correct he do talk a lot.   I personally think he could have a monster year if McDaniels makes him into last years version of Deebo.  Curious to see if his body can hold up with a qb who can't alway deliver a ball to avoid major contact.   

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree with most of that xen but 21 million per year is about as market as market goes.   KC didn't want to reset the market.   There has been to much from his own agent to give credence to any of this trash talk, but you are correct he do talk a lot.   I personally think he could have a monster year if McDaniels makes him into last years version of Deebo.  Curious to see if his body can hold up with a qb who can't alway deliver a ball to avoid major contact.   

Yes that was close to but not top of market.  If KC really wanted to close the deal early before FA hit (a necessity if you don't want to compete with the inevitable FA offers the next offseason), they could have considered that this was less than Amari Cooper, an inferior receiver, was making.  Once we learned we were living in a world where Christian Kirk is worth 18m all bets were off in the receiver market.  From KCs standpoint I think just last year drove the point home that teams could stop the long ball express we were on if they were willing to devote enough resources to it, and we had to evolve to punish that. That means upgrading the receivers across the board instead of investing in 1.  So I really think it didn't matter.  Once that decision is made you can't overpay for 1 receiver no matter how good they are.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:03 PM, dhitter said:

Tyreek is no diplomat. He says dumb stuff all the time. He can't reconcile the ability to compliment his former team/QB and his current one at the same time....so he throws shade, backs off it and then throws it again. I've learned to take his comments with a grain of salt. 

Half of his quick twitch fibers are in his mouth.

1 hour ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I wonder if Tyreek is just to self possessed or self adoring to have respect for others. 

C'mon.  He is a 28 year old kid who is very fast, has great hands, and a a big ego.  He has given us a lot of thrills. He is not a normal kid.  But he IS just a kid.  All of these kids who make it to the NFL are spoiled and have been treated like heroes since high school at least. You know that.  What should we expect? An adult with adult perspective? Most of them ought to be slapped 😀

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

C'mon.  He is a 28 year old kid who is very fast, has great hands, and a a big ego.  He has given us a lot of thrills. He is not a normal kid.  But he IS just a kid.  All of these kids who make it to the NFL are spoiled and have been treated like heroes since high school at least. You know that.  What should we expect? An adult with adult perspective? Most of them ought to be slapped 😀

I don't see a 28 y.o. as a "kid".  At that age most have finished their education, started families, owe mortgages, and worked for a variety of employers.  Maturity beyond that age helps in life, but by 28 one should have control of one's mouth and attitude.  Hill is a spoiled brat with special skills.  He may never grow up.  I assume Kelcee, Mahomes, Reid, etc. had a guiding influence on Hill, but now he's back on his own territory.  It will be interesting to see if he's grown or still acts out as a "kid". .  

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't see a 28 y.o. as a "kid".  At that age most have finished their education, started families, owe mortgages, and worked for a variety of employers.  Maturity beyond that age helps in life, but by 28 one should have control of one's mouth and attitude.  Hill is a spoiled brat with special skills.  He may never grow up.  I assume Kelcee, Mahomes, Reid, etc. had a guiding influence on Hill, but now he's back on his own territory.  It will be interesting to see if he's grown or still acts out as a "kid". .  

I see the sarcasm went over your head on this post you replied too.

Jokes Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

He's a kid to me.  But of course not to you, because you are just a whippersnapper :lol:.  C'mon, man.  You and I are 3/4 of a century old.  He's a kid.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:25 PM, xen said:

He’s most dynamic player to ever step foot on a football field. It’s a business as we all know. No hard feelings anymore for me. I used to get all worked up. I can’t believe they let him go, but they had to do what they had to do.