36 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He’s most dynamic player to ever step foot on a football field. It’s a business as we all know. No hard feelings anymore for me. I used to get all worked up. I can’t believe they let him go, but they had to do what they had to do. 

Yes, it is all business. A player has to take care of himself as we have seen teams cut players instead of paying them the contract signed etc. It is what it is, but I do believe we got great return from it too and able to sign more players without having to pay him. I rather have a solid team around than paying just 5 great players and filling in with cheap players in other positions. We are like the 4th youngest defense now and that is what will get us over the top if the defense can be at least average. Mahomes has more receivers now that he can spread the ball to also. It will take pressure off the team as a whole imo.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

He’s most dynamic player to ever step foot on a football field. It’s a business as we all know. No hard feelings anymore for me. I used to get all worked up. I can’t believe they let him go, but they had to do what they had to do. 

What was it?  5 draft picks?  That really spreads talent over a roster.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, Okiechief1 said:

It isn't just Hill though.   Buddy of mine sent a clip from Rich Eisen who basically couldnt believe he was having to defend Mahomes in the manner he was.  Hill saying his stuff, Watkins getting in on it this week a D/C calling Mahomes a one read QB to the plethora of articles basically expecting Mahomes to regress this year without Hill.  

Mahomes has some Michael Jordan in him in that he hears all that stuff then uses to fuel the fire.  Jordan would do the same thing.  

When you are king of the hill, everyone wants to knock you off.  The price of being king is steep, just like the hill that was climbed.

The thing that really matters is that KC was going to lose Hill anyway.  They played their cards to get the MAX payback possible.

The underlying assumption is that KC knows what they are doing in the draft.  IMO, they are among the best in the business since Brett Veach and Andy Reid started working together. 

w

22 minutes ago, West said:

The thing that really matters is that KC was going to lose Hill anyway.  They played their cards to get the MAX payback possible.

The underlying assumption is that KC knows what they are doing in the draft.  IMO, they are among the best in the business since Brett Veach and Andy Reid started working together. 

w

Yeah.  It looks like Veach's biggest skill is turning around one entire position group in a single offseason. And he does that while having to pick at the bottom of each round. Pretty impressive.