1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

I mean, the dude was a 1000 yd rusher two seasons ago.  45 career ypc.  He has injury problems but i think he may be what this team needs to maybe push CEH to do better.  At this point i'm personally not sold on any RBs on the roster, so why not take a shot

So did Ronald jones. 

The difference is Ronald Jones has always sucked. Kenyan Drake is good when healthy. But since his last two teams gave up on him, he is probably done. A healthy Kenyan Drake is an upgrade for the roster. McKinnon is definitively our best back, but i would prefer to rarely use him in the regular season, and save him for the playoffs, like we did last season.

39 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

The difference is Ronald Jones has always sucked. Kenyan Drake is good when healthy. But since his last two teams gave up on him, he is probably done. A healthy Kenyan Drake is an upgrade for the roster. McKinnon is definitively our best back, but i would prefer to rarely use him in the regular season, and save him for the playoffs, like we did last season.

assuming  the Chiefs get into the playoff without using their best back. The way this reads and I'm sure you didn't mean it like that but it's as if the Chiefs held him back on purpose and I'm not buying that

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

assuming  the Chiefs get into the playoff without using their best back. The way this reads and I'm sure you didn't mean it like that but it's as if the Chiefs held him back on purpose and I'm not buying that

McKinnon is known to be an extremely good, but injury prone back. he has to be used wisely. he was dinged up last year during the season. i think this basically made the chiefs not use him until the end of the year by accident. my point is that its a good plan if we can do it. Pound CEH during the season, sprinkle in McKinnon. Give Pachecho more touches than he has necessarily earned to make him learn the job quickly. Using this plan CEH may be worn out by the end of the season, but McKinnon and Pachecho should be at full speed by then.

this plan goes out the window if we are in danger of making the playoffs, obviously.

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

McKinnon is known to be an extremely good, but injury prone back. he has to be used wisely. he was dinged up last year during the season. i think this basically made the chiefs not use him until the end of the year by accident. my point is that its a good plan if we can do it. Pound CEH during the season, sprinkle in McKinnon. Give Pachecho more touches than he has necessarily earned to make him learn the job quickly. Using this plan CEH may be worn out by the end of the season, but McKinnon and Pachecho should be at full speed by then.

this plan goes out the window if we are in danger of making the playoffs, obviously.

KC will always be by committee as long as Reid is here. Backs wont get worn out. Injuries yes. Seems that most NFL backs are injured at some point every team every season.

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think having Burton lessens the blow of Gore and Bell. He is legit. Especially in short yardage plays. He can block and catch. Weird a coach like Andy values having a stud FB so much. Comes in handy.

That must be some old school coach in him. I'm glad he does, comes in handy; like you said. 

The simple answer is no. The long answer is no, unless the Chiefs break their own precedent.

Look back at the past two initial 53-man rosters. The Chiefs carried three running backs and one fullback. The top three running backs right now are Edwards-Helaire, Jerick McKinnon, and rookie Isiah Pacheco. That is clear as day. Those three running backs are the only three who saw notable first-team action against the Washington Commanders.

Also, in no way is Jones pushing veteran fullback Michael Burton off the roster. He has been utilized extensively on offense and special teams. The fullback is still important, at least to head coach Andy Reid.

Admitting that Jones will likely not make the 53-man roster is slightly bittersweet. On the one hand, fans have to be excited about how Pacheco has looked. He has captured the spotlight both offensively and as a special teams player. There is a lot of hype, to an excessive degree at points, surrounding Pacheco’s contributions in the 2022 season. But, on the other hand, Jones could have been a throwback sort of back, one that Chiefs fans have not seen in many years. During the franchise’s dark days, a solid ground game was the team’s calling card. That continued for a bit once Reid took over but quickly went away.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/08/25/have-ronald-jones-roster-chances-improved-kc-chiefs/