Official 2022 Record prediction thread

On 8/29/2022 at 10:49 AM, oldtimer said:

I'm no Homer: 11-6 wont win AFC West ( Chargers) but will make 6th seed and be 2 n dun

Literally this. Every part of it, except with whole words.

If the Defense progresses more quickly than anticipated,  and/or the pass rush is better than we hope or expect then this could improve. Same thing works the other way. 

13-4.   Losing HIll was addition by subtraction, it changed the dynamic of the offense.  It will be more difficult to defend this year.  People are sleeping on the Chiefs.  If Karlafkis and the other ends can get the defense to just 15th in sacks, nobody is going to want to play the Chiefs.  

I have no idea.

Pluses - Overall roster strength, Mahomes, Reid and coaching staff, organizational strength, fans (oh! almost forgot: Harrison Butker will add a full game to our projected win total)

Minuses - Player turnover very high, rookies are rookies and need to learn and to gel, strength of schedule is phenomenally hard, AFC West extremely tough

Unknowns - As always, injuries to key players

Conclusion:  I guess we'll see

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I have no idea.

Pluses - Overall roster strength, Mahomes, Reid and coaching staff, organizational strength, fans (oh! almost forgot: Harrison Butker will add a full game to our projected win total)

Minuses - Player turnover very high, rookies are rookies and need to learn and to gel, strength of schedule is phenomenally hard, AFC West extremely tough

Unknowns - As always, injuries to key players

Conclusion:  I guess we'll see

Really going out on a limb there.  😜

You "guys" need to get the sand out of your vaginas.  

14-3   #1 seed  

Beat the Bills in the AFCCG and Beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.  

Mahomes MVP

Patrick Mahomes GIFs | Tenor

Kelce continues to invent dances so complicated that even black wide receivers can't keep up.

Kansas City Chiefs Dancing GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Coach of the Year

Andy Reid GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Immediately after the Super Bowl, Mahomes begins impregnating Brittany with the Chiefs next franchise quarterback.

Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes gets engaged to girlfriend Brittany Matthews –  Archyworldys

On 9/5/2022 at 5:34 PM, moons314 said:

13-4.   Losing HIll was addition by subtraction, it changed the dynamic of the offense.  It will be more difficult to defend this year.  People are sleeping on the Chiefs.  If Karlafkis and the other ends can get the defense to just 15th in sacks, nobody is going to want to play the Chiefs.  

It'll be "Can Do" Kaindoh who makes it happen. I'm going out on a limb here.  (Of course I have 5 of them)

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Okay, I'll go out on a limb.  Kaindoh is game day inactive unless some other DE gets injured.  

I was talking about the season. I agree, he will likely be game day inactive a lot. But he may emerge as a solid backup at some point. ("may") He actually might be a starter some day for some team.

I think a lot has to do with the overall health of the team and if we get solid play from the rookies.   If this team stays healthy.   I think they go 14-3 .   The Defense is fast,  we have excellent linebackers and a good to even great secondary.  Pass rush looks good,  but they have to stay healthy.

Offensively,  the line will be excellent.  If we rack up a bunch of injuries on the Offensive line, that could be a problem.  

Running back.  Watch out for #10 .  I think he will not be the main back,  but he is going to break some big runs.  Clyde the Glide could have a big season if teams play deep coverage.

Receivers.  I think the Chiefs over the last couple years were concentrating too much on Hill.  Mahome's ignored open receivers , waiting for Hill to break open.  

This year I think we have enough solid route runners that there is always going to be at least one guy open.  Even if they are not,  we have size.   The one place that teams really did not have to defend well was the boundry.  We now have big guys that will thrive there.  I think this Offense will be tough to stop.

In the end we have a top 5 Offense and a top 10 Defense,  top 5 Special teams  and this team brings home it's 7th AFC West Championship,  5h strait AFC Title game and 3rd Super Bowl Championship.  

1 hour ago, Docbarnabee said:

I think the Chiefs over the last couple years were concentrating too much on Hill.  Mahome's ignored open receivers , waiting for Hill to break open.  

I think that is absolutely true.  During those difficult stretches for Mahomes, you could see it.  You could see Mahomes looking for him fruitlessly while other guys were clearly open.  Some sportswriters started calling him a "one-trick-pony."  He was always touted as a guy who could read the whole field and run through his progressions very quickly, but he got lazy with Hill and Kelce always there.  He quit doing that and started trying to force it to his favorite targets, often throwing it in the dirt in front of them or over Hill's head.  I trust Mahomes to recognize that and work like hell at regaining that whole field vision and mindset.  He is talking like it in interviews. I think everyone recognizes that trading Hill for all those choices may have been the smartest thing in the world.

The “prevailing” NFL talking heads take on the Chiefs and Mahomes since the Chiefs traded Tyreek and made no effort to resign Mathieu is that.. the Chiefs might be the 3rd best team in the west and may not even make the Playoffs. Uh.
I say 13-4 with minimal injuries and 11-6 as the absolute floor but injuries and a slow start on defense as the real fears. 
Mahomes can sling it around the yard to everybody. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:03 PM, Thegoatee said:

Bills look pretty solid and play in a crap division. Hard to see any AFC west team matching their wins.

Why the fuck can't the AFC West just roll over and die like the AFC East has done for their best team for like, literally the last 20 years?   It's just rude.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Why the fuck can't the AFC West just roll over and die like the AFC East has done for their best team for like, literally the last 20 years?   It's just rude.

Funny because I think that will happen. Denver mortgage their picks for Wilson and used up cap space. Chargers went all in the FA season and have to pay Herbert who has yet to show he can even get a win in the playoffs, they will have hard choices ti make when Herbert gets paid. Raiders are the Raiders....

44 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Funny because I think that will happen. Denver mortgage their picks for Wilson and used up cap space. Chargers went all in the FA season and have to pay Herbert who has yet to show he can even get a win in the playoffs, they will have hard choices ti make when Herbert gets paid. Raiders are the Raiders....

Charges get 3 more years of cost controlled Herbert including this one.  The good news is Chargers gonna Charger.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

This is what was said about KC. Wait till they have to pay PM. Well that has not happened. Good teams find a way to thrive. Veach has been a difference maker. There are other good front offices too. We shall see who rises to the top and who falls. Drafts will be more the key than QB salaries.