Post Cut Down Moves

I think we all expect Bell to IR and Lee back on. 

I am wondering if we also see Kaindoh to IR and Shelton back. 

Seems like something is in the works at WR. Can’t see them going with 5. I feel like Fountain returns with RoJo or someone else traded.

O line upgrade maybe from the cuts, but I don’t see many signing or claims.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

There's a reason they liked him. We knew he was a developmental guy when drafted.  Too early for this crap imo.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Wat too early to know. As fans we see 1% of what these guys are doing. I trust Veach. Its not like KC has anyone better to replace K.

What I've seen is him get tossed around like a rag doll. What I have not seen is him getting close to a QB. Reminder: My opinions are facts. 

29 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

What I've seen is him get tossed around like a rag doll. What I have not seen is him getting close to a QB. Reminder: My opinions are facts. 

And as I said we see maybe 1% of what these guys are doing. Not every player is a year one starter. Only one player that KC waived was picked up. They are mostly on the PS. So no harm keeping this guy at this point.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Patience, grasshopper.  DJ was a bust in year two and demoted.  Same for lots of other players.  If Veach/Reid think he is worth developing, I trust their opinions over your "facts".  Besides, who would you replace him with?  I didn't see Shelton being grabbed off the waiver wire on Tuesday.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

You musta not watch the last bit of preseason 

Kaindoh is NOT a player. I still can't figure out why we drafted this dude. I was sure he would be cut this year...But he wasn't.

Veech or Spags fell in love with his physical attributes, but the kid can't play. Nonetheless, I would be happy eating crow if he pans out..

50 minutes ago, artsy said:

Kaindoh is NOT a player. I still can't figure out why we drafted this dude. I was sure he would be cut this year...But he wasn't.

Veech or Spags fell in love with his physical attributes, but the kid can't play. Nonetheless, I would be happy eating crow if he pans out..

So you think they kept him because he makes great barbecue?

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Translation:  he's not an instant contributor so fuck that guy cause he needs to develop, even though we all knew that was the case coming out of college.  

On 9/2/2022 at 3:33 PM, xen said:

Translation:  he's not an instant contributor so fuck that guy cause he needs to develop, even though we all knew that was the case coming out of college.  

Hes had several months working with Joe Cullen, Xen. He should be putting these pro bowl offensive lineman on rollerskates by now, and should have run away with the offseason sack title. 

On 9/2/2022 at 12:08 PM, azchief21 said:

Reminder: My opinions are facts. 

:lol: I know you are joking. An opinion is an opinion. In my "opinion," no one knows how he is developing except for the coaches, so no one is in a position to write him off as a bust.  As others have pointed out, he was a developmental project.  The only real facts known are that he is big, tall, and extremely athletic.  He hasn't played in a big college program to be ready play at a high level.  The coaching staff is making real progress on him at one of the most difficult positions to play, and I trust them to draw the right conclusions. It is waaaay too early to toss him into the trash bin. In the preseason, he earned his way onto the roster. So, let's see.  They think he is worth a roster spot.  That is saying something.  It is possible that we may see a Chiefs Kingdom nickname of "Can Do."

On 9/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, artsy said:

Crow is pretty tasty is you cook it in the right sauce.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:08 PM, azchief21 said:

Hate him so far but the coaches have that 1-2 roster spots they like to utilize on experimental projects. May be Kaindoh is that guy for Spags but I believe he's on a very short leash. 

41 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Hate him so far but the coaches have that 1-2 roster spots they like to utilize on experimental projects. May be Kaindoh is that guy for Spags but I believe he's on a very short leash. 

As ususal, we (or I) take most things out on the player......However, I suppose my distaste for Mr. Kaindoh should be aimed at Veech. As Xen stated, Kaindoh is a "project" player...A "work in progress" guy. And that is great. But the kid was drafted in the 4th rd. It may be something that happens, but I've never seen a project player drafted on day two of the draft, that's all. 

Like I said, if the kid works out and becomes a productive DE, then eat a shitload of crow...(with some of that sauce on it). However, based on what I've seen, Kaindoh has looong way to go.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

As ususal, we (or I) take most things out on the player......However, I suppose my distaste for Mr. Kaindoh should be aimed at Veech. As Xen stated, Kaindoh is a "project" player...A "work in progress" guy. And that is great. But the kid was drafted in the 4th rd. It may be something that happens, but I've never seen a project player drafted on day two of the draft, that's all. 

Like I said, if the kid works out and becomes a productive DE, then eat a shitload of crow...(with some of that sauce on it). However, based on what I've seen, Kaindoh has looong way to go.

These are the kinds of guys that teams give up on and then thrive in a new system and blossom.  We kept him because of athleticism, talent, and smarts, but mostly because it was, and remains, an iffy position for us.  I also think he was kept because he was showing some real effectiveness the second half of the pre-season.  Like I posted before, he started from scratch and had no real exposure at the collegiate level.  Reid won't tolerate guys who are not hard workers.  I think this guy will help us as a rotational player and could actually reach starter quality in another year.  Or...we could trade him or just let him blossom somewhere else and watch him terrorize QB's.  Whatever happens, the coaching staff has some level of belief in him, and they know a lot more than any of us do.  So, I defer to them, especially when he was awarded a roster spot.