Andy Reid > than any other offensive mind

Period. Even though I criticize him regarding the run at times, he is still a genius and no one is on his level. 

last night, Mcgenius got the ball to Allen Robinson how many times? Scored 10 points off the super bowl…

no one is on Andy’s offensive-mind level. 

overall coaching sure… 

16 minutes ago, kccrow said:

He's a pretty gooood. 

The Rams should have coasted to a win in that game with the turnovers they were able to produce in that first half but they imploded offensively. They need to get the ball to more than Kupp. 

A CROW SIGHTING!!!! Happy Fun GIFHow ya doin bro? 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Period. Even though I criticize him regarding the run at times, he is still a genius and no one is on his level. 

last night, Mcgenius got the ball to Allen Robinson how many times? Scored 10 points off the super bowl…

no one is on Andy’s offensive-mind level. 

overall coaching sure… 

I think there are many coaches that would do great with this KC roster. Any really good head coach with Mahomes at QB becomes great. Yes Reid is a great coach and an even better leader. Unfortunately Reids ego insists he keeps up that genius play creator self image. His failure to commit to anything close to a real running game likely keeps him from really winning more superbowls. McVey: One game with the Rams is just one game. Hid did win the SB.  Lets not forget the Reid genius completely choked in the second half of the BIG GAME. It happens. That Buffalo D was rockin last night. Rams will be fine.

If I had a choice, thank goodness I dont, I would go with Harbaugh. With this oline and his run the ball attitude I think the offense would be even better.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I think there are many coaches that would do great with this KC roster. Any decent head coach with Mahomes at QB become great. Yes Reid is a great coach and an even better leader. Unfortunately Reids ego insists he keeps up that genius play creator self image. His failure to commit to anything close to a real running game likely keeps him from really winning more superbowls. One game with the Rams is just one game. I like McVey. If I had a choice, thank goodness I dont, I would go with Harbaugh. 

Seemingly every year, the Ravens have the best draft in the NFL.  Yet they have 4 playoff wins in 7 years and have failed to make the playoffs 4 out of those 7 years.  That's with the Old Testament bad Browns in the division along with the mostly terrible Bengals.  If Andy had his record this Board would wake up every single day, set the internet on fire, and vomit all day about how his commitment to running the ball and failure to have an actual passing attack is making them a laughing stock.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Seemingly every year, the Ravens have the best draft in the NFL.  Yet they have 4 playoff wins in 7 years and have failed to make the playoffs 4 out of those 7 years.  That's with the Old Testament bad Browns in the division along with the mostly terrible Bengals.  If Andy had his record this Board would wake up every single day, set the internet on fire, and vomit all day about how his commitment to running the ball and failure to have an actual passing attack is making them a laughing stock.  

They dont have Mahomes. They have the ass Jackson. The question was with this current KC roster & Mahomes.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

They dont have Mahomes. They have the ass Jackson. The question was with this current KC roster & Mahomes.

And if he goes down, they have the ass huntley.  Because that's the kind of offense the guy wants to run.  Talk about somebody that is outsmarting themselves. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

And if he goes down, they have the ass huntley.  Because that's the kind of offense the guy wants to run.  Talk about somebody that is outsmarting themselves. 

Thats still not the point. He runs his team based on what he has. To think he would not adjust with Mahomes is? The question was with this roster. 

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Thats still not the point. He runs his team based on what he has. To think he would not adjust with Mahomes is? The question was with this roster. 

I asked the question.  And the question I asked was:

"But if you have the power trade head coaches for a better overall coach tomorrow, who you going to take?"  

I didn't say anything about this roster.  Just who do you think is a better overall coach.  Harbaugh is not a stupid answer, He's been terrific.  But this board would crucify Andy if he fell to Harbaugh's level of performance.  

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I asked the question.  And the question I asked was:

"But if you have the power trade head coaches for a better overall coach tomorrow, who you going to take?"  

I didn't say anything about this roster.  Just who do you think is a better overall coach.  Harbaugh is not a stupid coach, He's been terrific.  But this board would crucify Andy if he fell to Harbaugh's level of performance.  

Unlike you I dont get to SPEAK FOR THE ENTIRE BOARD. I dont think KC cares if THE ENTIRE BOARD GOES WHATEVER. 

Things are going great for KC. I would not trade Andy for any other coach at this time. I do not think he is head and shoulders above some of the other really good coaches.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

A CROW SIGHTING!!!! Happy Fun GIFHow ya doin bro? 

Hi OT!

Doing okay. Life has been ... ugh... but it's forged me into the aging prick I am today. :D 

I felt a need to come back to my roots a bit, in all things, including talking about our Chiefs. It's really good to see you guys.

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Harbaugh picked his QB. Andy picked his leaving Watson on the board. Advantage Andy. We have a better roster because of Andy. He took over a 2-14 team. 

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Harbaugh picked his QB. Andy picked his leaving Watson on the board. Advantage Andy. We have a better roster because of Andy. He took over a 2-14 team. 

Agree. That still was not the point. Yes Andy and Veach have done a fantastic job. Andy is the guy no doubt. Can another coach take this roster to the SB? Yes. I dont think there are as many that are as good a leader as Reid. I think his leadership is more important.

30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. That still was not the point. Yes Andy and Veach have done a fantastic job. Andy is the guy no doubt. Can another coach take this roster to the SB? Yes. I dont think there are as many that are as good a leader as Reid. I think his leadership is more important.

Other coaches might win with Mahomes, but would Mahomes have developed into what he became without Reid?  No way to prove it, but the instant success that Mahomes turned out to be was in part to the way Reid held him out for a year and used him when he was ready.  Their rapport is obvious.  Reid also seems to have major input to the draft and signings and that's been good for the most part.  Some teams catch lightening in a bottle and win for a period.  Reid took a failing franchise and wins 10-12 games every season plus playoff wins four AFCCGs in a row, and two SBs, winning one.  Besides Belicheat, who has a better record and had a wore team to inherit?  

Personally I think Andy is probably the best offensive coach the league has seen since Bill Walsh.  Frankly at this point though he's done it longer and reinvented his offense many more times and done it with multiple QBs and types of QBs.  He might be the best offensive coach in history when it's all said and done, depending on if he can scrape up some more superbowl wins.

I won't even get into the running game criticism.  Y'all know by now that I think you should only run sparingly to get a defense out of what they're doing or in situational football.  Otherwise the running game is probably the most overrated aspect of football.  Even a moderately successful passing game is more effective and has a greater impact on winning games than the best rushing attack.

7 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Reid is the best offensive coach in the league and is in the upper tier of offensive coaches of all time. He's a freaking wizard. 

But, when the Chiefs have it 1st and goal, I would literally prefer any coach who has ever coached at any level.

Bit of context, Andy's averaged 10th overall in redzone TD percentage with Pat at QB.  He's averaged 13th overall in his 9 years with KC.

He was 2nd overall in 2018, Pat's first year.  11 overall in 2019, the Superbowl year.  11th last year.

For further context, Belichick has averaged 17th the last 4 years.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Bit of context, Andy's averaged 10th overall in redzone TD percentage with Pat at QB.  He's averaged 13th overall in his 9 years with KC.

He was 2nd overall in 2018, Pat's first year.  11 overall in 2019, the Superbowl year.  11th last year.

For further context, Belichick has averaged 17th the last 4 years.

Yeah, but if Belichick, Paul Wiggan, Tom Osborne, Bear Bryant, Coach Parker - my YMCA 6th grade coach, you, me, Wilkie or some random guy in the phonebook were calling plays on 1st and goal in OT of last year's AFCCG, The Chiefs go to the SB. 

48 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yeah, but if Belichick, Paul Wiggan, Tom Osborne, Bear Bryant, Coach Parker - my YMCA 6th grade coach, you, me, Wilkie or some random guy in the phonebook were calling plays on 1st and goal in OT of last year's AFCCG, The Chiefs go to the SB. 

If Pat took what the defense gave him in the 2nd half we'd also have gone to the Superbowl.  Small sample size when things went wrong do not equate to being bad at something.  Unless you also think Pat Mahomes is bad at football.

1 hour ago, xen said:

If Pat took what the defense gave him in the 2nd half we'd also have gone to the Superbowl.  Small sample size when things went wrong do not equate to being bad at something.  Unless you also think Pat Mahomes is bad at football.

Not disagreeing with any of that. 
But, 1st and goal from the one, literally any other coach. 

Andy is legendary in his ability to adapt the offense to the talent on hand. Few have sustained it the way he has.

I would argue Bill Walsh and even Dick Vermeil may have had better overall balance and scheme perfection though. Early innovators in the golden era had their impact that we forget about.

I think Andy is among the best. Not sure he is better than everyone though.