Andy Reid > than any other offensive mind

2 hours ago, xen said:

If Pat took what the defense gave him in the 2nd half we'd also have gone to the Superbowl.  Small sample size when things went wrong do not equate to being bad at something.  Unless you also think Pat Mahomes is bad at football.

Human beings are not perfect. Reid and Mahomes both choked that game. Its hard to get in the SB. Hope they get more opportunities. Dont want an Aaron Rogers legacy.

10 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Human beings are not perfect. Reid and Mahomes both choked that game. Its hard to get in the SB. Hope they get more opportunities. Dont want an Aaron Rogers legacy.

I agree. I think Mahomes may have a better chance than Rogers based on what the Chiefs have been trying to do. Having said that, it's still going to be hard. 

11 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Andy is legendary in his ability to adapt the offense to the talent on hand. Few have sustained it the way he has.

I would argue Bill Walsh and even Dick Vermeil may have had better overall balance and scheme perfection though. Early innovators in the golden era had their impact that we forget about.

I think Andy is among the best. Not sure he is better than everyone though.

I would argue that Walsh coached pre free agency, which was a different animal, and that Dick was a terrific coach but ultimately it was his coordinators that made the schemes he used.  I look at Dick as more of the CEO type of coach, similar to Harbaugh.

Just like Andy built on amd evolved the Walsh and Holmgren WCO schemes, Walsh built off of Lavell Edwards and Paul Brown.  

Andy however has done it longer, with more types of QBs, and evolved his offense so many times in so many different ways that i think he takes it over both.

I'm speaking only of offensive coaching, as in the OP.  I don't think in that context that Dick Vermeil is even near the podium.  We all know who made the greatest show on turf and even his KC offenses were more a product of the Air Coryell system and the OC.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, kccrow said:

Hi OT!

Doing okay. Life has been ... ugh... but it's forged me into the aging prick I am today. :D 

I felt a need to come back to my roots a bit, in all things, including talking about our Chiefs. It's really good to see you guys.

Glad you did man.

55 minutes ago, xen said:

I would argue that Walsh coached pre free agency, which was a different animal, and that Dick was a terrific coach but ultimately it was his coordinators that made the schemes he used.  I look at Dick as more of the CEO type of coach, similar to Harbaugh.

Just like Andy built on amd evolved the Walsh and Holmgren WCO schemes, Walsh built off of Lavell Edwards and Paul Brown.  

Andy however has done it longer, with more types of QBs, and evolved his offense so many times in so many different ways that i think he takes it over both.

I'm speaking only of offensive coaching, as in the OP.  I don't think in that context that Dick Vermeil is even near the podium.  We all know who made the greatest show on turf and even his KC offenses were more a product of the Air Coryell system and the OC.

Bill had defense too. He got the ball back a lot. Points per drive would be an interesting and apples to apples look. 
his defenses were legendary and overlooked 

38 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I know. I’m saying his teams were absolutely stacked. He had all kinds of advantages. Pat and Andy haven’t had a defense yet that can give them the ball back. 

Sure seems like the D is starting to collect  young kids that can play.  Can't wait to see them grow 

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Sure seems like the D is starting to collect  young kids that can play.  Can't wait to see them grow 

Yes sir. I hope the hamstring isn’t serious.

side note- a hurt trey smith isn’t good for us against that chargers oline 

22 hours ago, qnet said:

What also impresses me about Reid is, he was never an OC( in the NFL). He coached Oline, tight ends and QB's. Having experience coaching those different positions helps,  but I think he's just a very smart dude. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReidAn0.htm

And as a player he was an offensive lineman.  You would think a quarterback or receiver would be the guy to come up with these innovations in the passing game.