• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russel strikes me as his usual slightly above average but unspectacular self, capable of winning any game, but capable of being unimpressive any week as well.

he has never scared me as a qb, what i am scared of is the nfl wanting denver to be successful. I don’t like russel and roger goddell being buddy buddy, doesn’t sit well.

too much of a coincidence that last 2 superbowl winners were home teams with poor fan bases the nfl is trying to boost popularity in those cities to not be skeptical of things these days.

denver is one of those cities the nfl wants to be viable, not sure why

7 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Damn…. Your new team is gonna pay you 50 mill/yr to be on the bench because they trust a guy to kick the 2nd longest FG in NFL history more than they trust you to convert a 4th & 5.

what a joke…

Yep. Not that I care but donkey land gonna be a little pissed and media is going to be all over them about this. 

1 hour ago, arthur75 said:

Guys we have to remember "It's only the first game".   I try to wait until week 7 or 8 then you will see what teams are about.

I agree for most part.  Aikman brought it up a couple times about how Denver was one of the teams that didn't play their starters at all during the pre season and for some reason that seems to be a growing trend in the NFL.  Denver was sloppy last night and it showed that the starters hadnt played.  Agreed they arent what will be in week 7 or 8 but if they miss the playoffs by a game then that stategy will second guessed if it isn't already plus the stragy with the FG. 

25 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I agree for most part.  Aikman brought it up a couple times about how Denver was one of the teams that didn't play their starters at all during the pre season and for some reason that seems to be a growing trend in the NFL.  Denver was sloppy last night and it showed that the starters hadnt played.  Agreed they arent what will be in week 7 or 8 but if they miss the playoffs by a game then that stategy will second guessed if it isn't already plus the stragy with the FG. 

I get why they don’t want to play in the preseason to avoid injuries, but look at teams like the Rams who like crap week 1. A win in September counts the same as a win in December.

11 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Yep. Not that I care but donkey land gonna be a little pissed and media is going to be all over them about this. 

My favorite part is that the players are probably all pissed, and dissent against the coach is likely at a high level (should be).  Chemistry is already a bad brew (contrast with Chiefs.)  I think players' lack of confidence in a coach puts any team at a huge disadvantage. Maybe they should hire Romeo Crennel. 

Wilson has to be really pissed. That's not good, either.  They seem adrift, even after one game.

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

My favorite part is that the players are probably all pissed, and dissent against the coach is likely at a high level (should be).  Chemistry is already a bad brew (contrast with Chiefs.)  I think players' lack of confidence in a coach puts any team at a huge disadvantage. Maybe they should hire Romeo Crennel. 

Wilson has to be really pissed. That's not good, either.  They seem adrift, even after one game.

first game of a new coach  I'm not so sure.  He is the son of Paul (Can't) Hackett of Chiefs O- coordinator fame.