On 10/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah.  Pigmy goats live 5-10 years, and both of those guys died at age 15.  So, they got their time in.  It is amazing that so many years have passed since you were at area 52. Not too many forums have folks who know each other personally that long.

Only Mex and Bil could take a thread about broncos and turn it into one about dead goats.  

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

Yep. But they would take our offense in  half a heartbeat.

In today's NFL I'll take an elite offense over an elite defense.

Yes. But what I am having trouble comprehending is why we can't have at least a middle of the pack defense. Last 2 weeks still getting gouged by the run game. Corners are young...but not turning the head around. Still biting on marginal fakes. Giving up a ton of points per game. We invested a lot into the defense and I don't see enough improvement yet to say it's been a success.

30 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yes. But what I am having trouble comprehending is why we can't have at least a middle of the pack defense. Last 2 weeks still getting gouged by the run game. Corners are young...but not turning the head around. Still biting on marginal fakes. Giving up a ton of points per game. We invested a lot into the defense and I don't see enough improvement yet to say it's been a success.

Have you considered that a lot of the problem is that the last two games were against really good offenses?

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Yeah, that kinda shot the shit out of that "#3 run D" ranking.

Veach said he was going to go all on with the DL then drafted a bunch of DBs(not complaining). Hopefully they'll draft heavy on the line next draft. Maybe trade some of those picks to move up. I would love to see them draft the next Bosa(either one) or Watt(once again. either).

We need a Houston to go with our new Hali.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Have you considered that a lot of the problem is that the last two games were against really good offenses?

Bil.....seriously? Bad technique is bad technique. Face guarding db's says more about the defense than the offense. Same for blown assignments ....over running a play etc. But we have chosen to go with youth and baptism by fire plan. 

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Bil.....seriously? Bad technique is bad technique. Face guarding db's says more about the defense than the offense. Same for blown assignments ....over running a play etc. But we have chosen to go with youth and baptism by fire plan. 

yea I mean how many times has Spags been chastised  for the lack of  playing younger plyers? Now he is giving up 24 points to Buffalo? I consider that at least a moral victory. JMO her but post Bye/ trade deadline I think we will see an improved D barring any catastrophic injuries.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

yea I mean how many times has Spags been chastised  for the lack of  playing younger plyers? Now he is giving up 24 points to Buffalo? I consider that at least a moral victory. JMO her but post Bye/ trade deadline I think we will see an improved D barring any catastrophic injuries.

We gave up 29 to the Raiders....

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Very few defenses are going to hold good offenses under 20 points per game.  We are young but our front 4 (outside of CJ) isn’t scaring anyone.  Until that front 4 gets fixed this D will be inconsistent.   

Gay coming back and moar saunders will help against the running game A LITTLE. But yes Dirts, you are correct! Until we get pressure on the qb we will continue to struggle. 

Spags having to blitz to get pressure makes the backend succeptible to not only the pass but the BIG PLAY. It's gonna stay that way...

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Gay coming back and moar saunders will help against the running game A LITTLE. But yes Dirts, you are correct! Until we get pressure on the qb we will continue to struggle. 

Spags having to blitz to get pressure makes the backend succeptible to not only the pass but the BIG PLAY. It's gonna stay that way...

I like Spag's aggressiveness until he decides at the most inexplicable times to go vanilla and soft.   His defenses are at their best when they have 4 capable pass rushers on that dline.  Sending more doesn't help this young secondary out like you said.  I was calling for that last game about Saunders.  He looks better vs the run and definitely vs the pass over Nnadi.  At this point why is Nnadi even a backup when you have Danny Shelton on the PS.  Oh well, Spags gonna spags I guess until Veach removes the players he is insistent on playing.

31 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like Spag's aggressiveness until he decides at the most inexplicable times to go vanilla and soft.   His defenses are at their best when they have 4 capable pass rushers on that dline.  Sending more doesn't help this young secondary out like you said.  I was calling for that last game about Saunders.  He looks better vs the run and definitely vs the pass over Nnadi.  At this point why is Nnadi even a backup when you have Danny Shelton on the PS.  Oh well, Spags gonna spags I guess until Veach removes the players he is insistent on playing.

Yup...Nnadi was "ok" last year. But now he looks like Jarren Reed. Constantly getting pushed back and handled by one player. He should be a backup/rotational player at best. I'm hoping to see Shelton activitaed to the 53 anytime now...hopefully..

On 10/18/2022 at 9:35 PM, THEWIZARD said:

Yeah, that kinda shot the shit out of that "#3 run D" ranking.

Veach said he was going to go all on with the DL then drafted a bunch of DBs(not complaining). Hopefully they'll draft heavy on the line next draft. Maybe trade some of those picks to move up. I would love to see them draft the next Bosa(either one) or Watt(once again. either).

We need a Houston to go with our new Hali.

If there was ever a year to trade up this would be the year.  I mean if we are shooting our shot why not Will Anderson.

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If there was ever a year to trade up this would be the year.  I mean if we are shooting our shot why not Will Anderson.

I agree. They have a boatload of picks next draft, and it sounds like Clark would like to make a big splash with the draft being in KC.

If he declares for the draft where do you think he'll be taken?

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-broncos-mortgaged-their-future-so-russell-wilson-could-get-swept-by-the-hapless-raiders/ar-AA14mN74?cvid=0d56174d5f9a49fabdeccc6b107bec1e

The Broncos mortgaged their future so Russell Wilson could get swept by the hapless Raiders

It was not supposed to be the outcome of the Russell Wilson experiment. You don’t trade two first round picks, and more, for a player who can’t beat the shambling zombie husk of the Las Vegas Raiders. You certainly don’t give him a five-year contract extension that pays him an average of $49 million annually.

And yet, this is where the Denver Broncos sit. In the basement of the AFC West. with their only victories coming against the Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars and, amazingly, the San Francisco 49ers.

The Broncos are paying dearly for embarrassments like the one they suffered in Week 11. That’s where, for the second time in 2022, they lost to a Raiders team whose season will be better known for blowing multiple different 17-0 leads (three so far!) and putting a first year head coach (Josh McDaniels) on the hot seat than anything positive.

Las Vegas has come by 67 percent of its wins thanks to the Broncos (like Denver, the Raiders also beat a Texans team with no interest in winning games unless the Jaguars are in town). While the failure here is shared by a defense that allowed Derek Carr to complete three passes and cover 67 yards in a single overtime touchdown drive, that doesn’t erase the fact Wilson had multiple opportunities to close this game out in the final 16 minutes and failed to deliver.image.png

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-broncos-mortgaged-their-future-so-russell-wilson-could-get-swept-by-the-hapless-raiders/ar-AA14mN74?cvid=0d56174d5f9a49fabdeccc6b107bec1e

The Broncos mortgaged their future so Russell Wilson could get swept by the hapless Raiders

It was not supposed to be the outcome of the Russell Wilson experiment. You don’t trade two first round picks, and more, for a player who can’t beat the shambling zombie husk of the Las Vegas Raiders. You certainly don’t give him a five-year contract extension that pays him an average of $49 million annually.

And yet, this is where the Denver Broncos sit. In the basement of the AFC West. with their only victories coming against the Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars and, amazingly, the San Francisco 49ers.

The Broncos are paying dearly for embarrassments like the one they suffered in Week 11. That’s where, for the second time in 2022, they lost to a Raiders team whose season will be better known for blowing multiple different 17-0 leads (three so far!) and putting a first year head coach (Josh McDaniels) on the hot seat than anything positive.

Las Vegas has come by 67 percent of its wins thanks to the Broncos (like Denver, the Raiders also beat a Texans team with no interest in winning games unless the Jaguars are in town). While the failure here is shared by a defense that allowed Derek Carr to complete three passes and cover 67 yards in a single overtime touchdown drive, that doesn’t erase the fact Wilson had multiple opportunities to close this game out in the final 16 minutes and failed to deliver.image.png

What can fix that? There isn’t anything that will do it in 2022 — and with Denver in 14th place in a 16-team AFC, that’s probably OK. The Broncos will have to try in 2023 and beyond because Wilson’s contract is unescapable through basically 2025, when he’ll be 37 years old. They’ll have a little spending room to address their problems in free agency, but next year’s first round pick, currently slated to be a top five selection, and second round pick are headed to Seattle to square off the trade debt (… wow).