13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I hope they keep Hackett as HC, that will guarantee it.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzgerald wrote another article this week about the Broncos' option with Wilson. I will refer you to the piece for the details, but let's go over things in brief.

• Wilson has option bonuses due in 2023 and 2024. The option bonuses are converted into signing bonuses for cap purposes if exercised.

• A straight cut in 2023 means a $107M dead money charge — obviously, not a scenario the Broncos will consider.

• A post-June 1 designation without exercising the option means a $77M dead money charge in 2023 and a $30M dead money charge in 2024. That's still not ideal for 2023.

• If a post-June 1 designation is used while exercising the option, it's a $61M dead money charge in 2023 and $46M in 2024. Still not ideal.

• Move up Wilson's option bonus for 2024 to 2022 (which should be allowed), and you could get the dead money charges to $40M in 2023 and $67M in 2024. That makes it manageable in 2023 but a problem in 2024.

Seattle is now in the position to completely revamp their franchise with a first and second round pick from Denver still to come, after already making their team vastly better with Charles Cross and Boye Mafe, who the team took with the Broncos’ picks from 2022. Seattle is already good, they’re about to get much better — and Denver is a flaming dumpster fire that not even all the alkaline water in the rockies could douse.

Make no mistake: This sucks. The Broncos were on the cusp of the playoff picture in 2021 and only needed some small improvements to put themselves in the hunt, now we’re talking about them having to become the worst team in the NFL in order to take a step forward. It’s a sad collapse caused by a freakout. The Broncos didn’t hide they really were trying to trade for Aaron Rodgers, with Hackett being a key piece to the puzzle in their minds — but when Rodgers decided to stay in Green Bay and sign an extension it forced the team’s hand to make a panic trade for Wilson.

cant say I disagree with them

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/broncos-fans-want-nfl-flex-100008985.html

Broncos Wire

Broncos fans want the NFL to flex team out of ‘Sunday Night Football’

Jon Heath
Tue, November 29, 2022 at 4:00 AM

The Denver Broncos are currently scheduled to host the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night Football in Week 14. SNF contests are nationally televised on NBC, and Broncos fans don’t want to see the struggling team embarrassed in the national spotlight.

DNVR’s Andrew Mason asked fans in a poll on Sunday if they want the game to remain on SNF, and 89% of Denver fans said they hope the game is flexed to the Sunday afternoon timeslot.

Neutral fans probably feel the same way.

“Can’t imagine there’s an NFL fan out there, KC and Denver included, that doesn’t want [the game flexed],” Frank Schwab of Yahoo! Sports tweeted.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

cant say I disagree with them

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/broncos-fans-want-nfl-flex-100008985.html

Broncos Wire

Broncos fans want the NFL to flex team out of ‘Sunday Night Football’

Jon Heath
Tue, November 29, 2022 at 4:00 AM

The Denver Broncos are currently scheduled to host the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night Football in Week 14. SNF contests are nationally televised on NBC, and Broncos fans don’t want to see the struggling team embarrassed in the national spotlight.

DNVR’s Andrew Mason asked fans in a poll on Sunday if they want the game to remain on SNF, and 89% of Denver fans said they hope the game is flexed to the Sunday afternoon timeslot.

Neutral fans probably feel the same way.

“Can’t imagine there’s an NFL fan out there, KC and Denver included, that doesn’t want [the game flexed],” Frank Schwab of Yahoo! Sports tweeted.

Love all the drama in Denver. I would like the game flexed. Do not prefer Sunday Night Games. 

Seattle and Cincinatti may not be traps, but they should attract either, because a loss in either could jeopardize our chances to be #1 seed.

19 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Besides the Seattle game none of our remaining schedule deserves to be nationally televised :D Not even sure if any of those could be called a trap game. 

Cincinatti and Seattle are not traps but of great interest to the sports media in the sense that a loss in either could jeopardize our chance at #1 seed (maybe).

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Love all the drama in Denver. I would like the game flexed. Do not prefer Sunday Night Games. 

i can see it being moved for any one of these games

jets v bills

eagles v giants

ravens v Steelers

or maybe the phins v chargers

any of these games would be better, and i would much rather the game be at 4:25 than the night game (even tho i am off on mondays)

The Sunday night game may come down to which game each network decides to protect.  I doubt CBS is going to give up the Bills-Jets and looking at the other games i can see fox protecting the Giants Eagles game.    That leaves Phins n chargers or Steelers/Ravens.   Phins/Chargers should be the choice i would think cause that game will have more meaning for the playoffs BUT the mahomes factor and it being a division game  which can unpredictable may keep KC in that time slot given the other choices.   

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Seattle and Cincinatti may not be traps, but they should attract either, because a loss in either could jeopardize our chances to be #1 seed.

Cincinatti and Seattle are not traps but of great interest to the sports media in the sense that a loss in either could jeopardize our chance at #1 seed (maybe).

You can say that again.

3 minutes ago, mex said:

You can say that again.

OK.  Here goes:

The fact they are flexing out Patrick Mahomes and the exciting Kansas City Chiefs out of this game as well just shows how badly they did not want the Broncos to be on national television once again. I mean. Mahomes is likely the frontrunner for NFL MVP and has put on some great showings in these types of games, so taking him off alone just shows how far the Broncos have fallen.

29 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The fact they are flexing out Patrick Mahomes and the exciting Kansas City Chiefs out of this game as well just shows how badly they did not want the Broncos to be on national television once again. I mean. Mahomes is likely the frontrunner for NFL MVP and has put on some great showings in these types of games, so taking him off alone just shows how far the Broncos have fallen.

I'm not so sure about that altho the Phins V Bolts game does not seem all THAT compelling. I dont get TNF or MNF so I wonder how many Natl TV Games have the Phins played? I almost think  it's more of a move to see the Phins than any thing else. Just my first guy feeling  this morning.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not so sure about that altho the Phins V Bolts game does not seem all THAT compelling. I dont get TNF or MNF so I wonder how many Natl TV Games have the Phins played? I almost think  it's more of a move to see the Phins than any thing else. Just my first guy feeling  this morning.

I think the national audience really wants to watch Tyreek Hill again.  That may be the most important thing, because it is all about ratings ($).  They do a poll of fans to determine total viewership, and the Chiefs have been on so many prime time games this season that there is a jones to see the Reek.  I share that. I miss watching him.

I also miss watching him. And something tells me he misses KC. Of course that goes away when he looks at his bank account balance. Cause we all know Tua is not in the same galaxy as Mahomes so this comparison is ridiculous. Could you imagine Mahomes with Miami's weapons. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Lets see. Both teams are in the play off hunt and positioning. Both teams have excellent QBs and very good offenses. You get a coast to coast audience. Likely shoot out. Lots of talented players. Good  Ratings.

Then there is Denver. No interest. Just drama. So BORING. Very few exciting players. Little interest NO ratings.

Already saw Mahomes & Co sleep walk thru a depleted Rams team. 

4 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I also miss watching him. And something tells me he misses KC. Of course that goes away when he looks at his bank account balance. Cause we all know Tua is not in the same galaxy as Mahomes so this comparison is ridiculous. Could you imagine Mahomes with Miami's weapons. 

He will also miss KC when he sees the number of fingers he could have had a ring on.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

He will also miss KC when he sees the number of fingers he could have had a ring on.

Maybe. I think he likes being the BIG DOG and the BIG Money. He LOVES THE ATTENTION. 

I think most players are about money and fame. They say RING but take the money. Maybe late in their career a ring matters. To me fans take loses much harder than these millionaires. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

So if you had a choice of a ring (you already have one) or $30 million, which would you choose?  If you were an agent getting a percentage of the loot vs. bragging about a client with another ring, what do you recommend to your player?

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

So if you had a choice of a ring (you already have one) or $30 million, which would you choose?  If you were an agent getting a percentage of the loot vs. bragging about a client with another ring, what do you recommend to your player?

Was it total 30 mil difference? I mean if it were 5 mil or so, I would go for the rings. I have had jobs pay more but were miserable and I have jobs pay less that I loved. So it is what it is, I just did not think it was 30 mil difference though. 🤔 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Was it total 30 mil difference? I mean if it were 5 mil or so, I would go for the rings. I have had jobs pay more but were miserable and I have jobs pay less that I loved. So it is what it is, I just did not think it was 30 mil difference though. 🤔 

The attitude of someone in his twenties is probably different from that of someone more mature and settled.  I often wonder why players making $20 million hold out for $22 million or so.  How does that affect their lives.  Seems it's all a game just for bragging rights or "respect".