5 hours ago, jetlord said:

So if you had a choice of a ring (you already have one) or $30 million, which would you choose?  If you were an agent getting a percentage of the loot vs. bragging about a client with another ring, what do you recommend to your player?

Does ringworm count?  I'll take the 30M

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/29/2022 at 7:28 AM, AFCWEST said:

Seattle is now in the position to completely revamp their franchise with a first and second round pick from Denver still to come, after already making their team vastly better with Charles Cross and Boye Mafe, who the team took with the Broncos’ picks from 2022. Seattle is already good, they’re about to get much better — and Denver is a flaming dumpster fire that not even all the alkaline water in the rockies could douse.

Make no mistake: This sucks. The Broncos were on the cusp of the playoff picture in 2021 and only needed some small improvements to put themselves in the hunt, now we’re talking about them having to become the worst team in the NFL in order to take a step forward. It’s a sad collapse caused by a freakout. The Broncos didn’t hide they really were trying to trade for Aaron Rodgers, with Hackett being a key piece to the puzzle in their minds — but when Rodgers decided to stay in Green Bay and sign an extension it forced the team’s hand to make a panic trade for Wilson.

This spiral downward really started with the retirement of Manning.  They have been mortgaging their future looking for a franchise QB ever since then.  It has been going on a lot of years now.  At least the Chiefs found a franchise head coach and took his advice from there.

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The attitude of someone in his twenties is probably different from that of someone more mature and settled.  I often wonder why players making $20 million hold out for $22 million or so.  How does that affect their lives.  Seems it's all a game just for bragging rights or "respect".  

They may feel they are obligated to drive up the contract so their brotherhood of players will benefit. Its us against them. Lets face it more money is always better for most people. 

Then you have players who see playing football as the stepping stone to their real career after football. 

Announcing, coaching, blogging, rapping, talking head, actor, politician , podcast etc. 

Its clear Russel Wilson is already setting himself up for after playing is done. He is all about IMAGE. 

It has been my understanding and I could be wrong that the NFLPA has to ok  a contract so a player can not give too much of a home town discount or playing for a ring/favorite childhood team discount. Yea I see where some of it is ego but they even know the last year or two is BS  $$ that they'll not see. I'd just be curious to how much the Union is all part of this as well.

So, an association of corporate executives can override the will of an individual employee regarding which company he wants to work for  and how much  less he is willing to be paid by that company?  If a secretary who works for a farm equipment manufacturer in DeMoines is not allowed to move to Paducah, Kentucky to work for a farm equipment manufacturer there for less money because he/she likes the weather better in Paducah or has family there, and is willing to be paid less for the same type of secretarial work, the national association of farm equipment manufacturers (NAFEM) can prevent him/her from doing that for that lesser amount of money? How does that make sense? Isn't that a violation of some basic freedom?  Nothing surprises me anymore, but that doesn't sound right, does it?  Maybe I am just naive. Is that because it violates the NAFEM contract that was negotiated between the NAFEM secretaries union (the NAFEMSU) and the NAFEM? Pinch me.

19 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

So, an association of corporate executives can override the will of an individual employee regarding which company he wants to work for  and how much  less he is willing to be paid by that company?  If a secretary who works for a farm equipment manufacturer in DeMoines is not allowed to move to Paducah, Kentucky to work for a farm equipment manufacturer there for less money because he/she likes the weather better in Paducah or has family there, and is willing to be paid less for the same type of secretarial work, the national association of farm equipment manufacturers (NAFEM) can prevent him/her from doing that for that lesser amount of money? How does that make sense? Isn't that a violation of some basic freedom?  Nothing surprises me anymore, but that doesn't sound right, does it?  Maybe I am just naive. Is that because it violates the NAFEM contract that was negotiated between the NAFEM secretaries union (the NAFEMSU) and the NAFEM? Pinch me.

Do you have a Readers Digest version of that?  It's not the team owners, it's the union that was referenced. 

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

well first of all it's UNION  National Football League Players Assoc.  each team has an elected Union Rep. So these players "voluntarily"  put themselves in the Union's hands or much like other Union places they can explore their options elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Do you have a Readers Digest version of that?  It's not the team owners, it's the union that was referenced. 

I was asking that in the last part of my absurd comparison, whether it is something the employers have negotiated with the union of employees. I would be wrong either way.  I'm way too wordy.  I know that.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I was asking that in the last part of my absurd comparison, whether it is something the employers have negotiated with the union of employees. I would be wrong either way.  I'm way too wordy.  I know that.

I don't see how the union could have a provision that a player couldn't play for team A for $15 million if team B offered $17 million.  While most of us have/had freedom to work wherever and whenever we wanted, as a practical matter, we were often locked in by seniority customs, union rules, retirement vesting, etc.  One can't blame the players for grabbing as much as they can in their probably short careers.  What I don't see is why those few who command generational wealth each year would leave a comfortable situation and teammates for that extra million or two when they're already getting more than they'll ever be able to reasonably spend.  

I think you are incorrect oldtimer.  They may frown upon it and have a meeting behind close doors to reprimand a player for doing this but they have no control to force a player to take x amount of money to play.   I mean Juju last year took less to stay in Pittsburg.   I'm willing to bet he took a good bit less to play for us this year because he wanted to be here.  

Also the NFL players union has the least power of almost all sports players unions.  

46 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think you are incorrect oldtimer.  They may frown upon it and have a meeting behind close doors to reprimand a player for doing this but they have no control to force a player to take x amount of money to play.   I mean Juju last year took less to stay in Pittsburg.   I'm willing to bet he took a good bit less to play for us this year because he wanted to be here.  

Also the NFL players union has the least power of almost all sports players unions.  

That should be right. (Should)

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

and you are probably right but for some reason  it came to mind and I think it was in relationship to TB12 taking pay cuts a couple of Mil here and there they may not make a stink but say if Patrick to get the 2nd coming of a Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss took a $5-10 mil a year pay cut. I think there'd be hell to pay but then your probably right.

Denver Broncos set new standard for long-term franchise dysfunction

Can the Broncos turn things around? Sure. It’s going to start with looking at the head coaching position, though. Hackett was an attractive hire if they land Rodgers, but without his guy, it’s clear that he’s a fish out of water. This should not have come as a surprise to Paton or the Broncos brass, either. In 4 years as an offensive coordinator prior to his stint in Green Bay, Hackett only had 1 offensive rank in the top half of the league in scoring – the 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars. The 2018 Jaguars actually fired him because of how bad the offense was just a year later.

The Russell Wilson issue is the biggest one facing the Broncos at the moment, however.

The most logical out for the Broncos on the Wilson deal would be in 2027 when they would only have to eat $12.8 million in dead cap money if they were to cut him. The numbers prior to that?

• 2023: $107,000,000
  • 2024: $85,000,000
  • 2025: $49,600,000
  • 2026: $31,200,000

Ouch. Add to that the fact that Denver doesn’t have a first or second-round pick in May’s draft and it makes the pill even harder to swallow for a rebuild. The Broncos were already sellers at this year’s trade deadline after unloading Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins. If they want to get some of the draft capital back that they lost in the Wilson deal, they’re going to have to look at unloading some additional young players in the off-season.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/12/02/denver-broncos-standard-long-term-franchise-dysfunction/

I don’t see the Chiefs winning this game easily.  In fact, I think Denver showed how they can limit someone like Mahomes and shut him down if not hurt him, like they did to Jackson.  

This is going to be a low scoring affair and I hope that my gut is wrong, but Denver is due to have a big game.  Just might be against the Chiefs after losing such an important game.  

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

I don’t see the Chiefs winning this game easily.  In fact, I think Denver showed how they can limit someone like Mahomes and shut him down if not hurt him, like they did to Jackson.  

This is going to be a low scoring affair and I hope that my gut is wrong, but Denver is due to have a big game.  Just might be against the Chiefs after losing such an important game.  

Talk about a revenge game!  How many times in a row have we beaten them? 12? 13?   We'd better watch out, better not shout (to make a seasonal remark) until the desired result is in the books.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:50 AM, AFCWEST said:

Denver Broncos set new standard for long-term franchise dysfunction

Can the Broncos turn things around? Sure. It’s going to start with looking at the head coaching position, though. Hackett was an attractive hire if they land Rodgers, but without his guy, it’s clear that he’s a fish out of water. This should not have come as a surprise to Paton or the Broncos brass, either. In 4 years as an offensive coordinator prior to his stint in Green Bay, Hackett only had 1 offensive rank in the top half of the league in scoring – the 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars. The 2018 Jaguars actually fired him because of how bad the offense was just a year later.

The Russell Wilson issue is the biggest one facing the Broncos at the moment, however.

The most logical out for the Broncos on the Wilson deal would be in 2027 when they would only have to eat $12.8 million in dead cap money if they were to cut him. The numbers prior to that?

• 2023: $107,000,000
  • 2024: $85,000,000
  • 2025: $49,600,000
  • 2026: $31,200,000

Ouch. Add to that the fact that Denver doesn’t have a first or second-round pick in May’s draft and it makes the pill even harder to swallow for a rebuild. The Broncos were already sellers at this year’s trade deadline after unloading Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins. If they want to get some of the draft capital back that they lost in the Wilson deal, they’re going to have to look at unloading some additional young players in the off-season.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/12/02/denver-broncos-standard-long-term-franchise-dysfunction/

Cry me a river.

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 6.05.14 PM.jpg

Merry Christmas   broncodud  & all bronco Fans  Fa-La-La-La-La

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/13/23501625/chiefs-broncos-patrick-mahomes-tables-have-turned

For the Chiefs and Broncos, the tables have turned

Could we have forseen that the relationship between Kansas City and Denver could have changed so much?

Even in our wildest imaginations, we could not have conceived of the tables being turned as they have been. Now it is the Chiefs who are perennial Super Bowl contenders — while the Broncos look more lost and hopeless than ever. Because of how terribly Denver has been playing, the league chose to flex last Sunday’s game out of primetime. Apparently, the NFL believed that even a game with Mahomes and the Chiefs — normally a sure-fire ratings bonanza — wasn’t enough to keep viewers interested.

And there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

The Broncos were convinced that the way to beat the Chiefs was to bring another top-tier quarterback into Denver. So in March, they made a huge deal with the Seattle Seahawks, trading quarterback Drew Lock, defensive end Shelby Harris, tight end Noah Fant and five draft picks (including two first-rounders) for quarterback Russell Wilson. They not only gave up a king’s ransom to get Wilson, but then made what now looks like a colossal mistake by giving him a five-year, $245 million albatross of a contract extension. It may be years before Wilson’s deal no longer haunts the team.

Chiefs fans have waited a very long time for this. And to quote a one-time Kansas City radio personality, “How does it taste, Denver? How does it taste?”

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/12/13/23501625/chiefs-broncos-patrick-mahomes-tables-have-turned

Could we have forseen that the relationship between Kansas City and Denver could have changed so much?

Even in our wildest imaginations, we could not have conceived of the tables being turned as they have been. Now it is the Chiefs who are perennial Super Bowl contenders — while the Broncos look more lost and hopeless than ever. Because of how terribly Denver has been playing, the league chose to flex last Sunday’s game out of primetime. Apparently, the NFL believed that even a game with Mahomes and the Chiefs — normally a sure-fire ratings bonanza — wasn’t enough to keep viewers interested.

The Broncos were convinced that the way to beat the Chiefs was to bring another top-tier quarterback into Denver. So in March, they made a huge deal with the Seattle Seahawks, trading quarterback Drew Lock, defensive end Shelby Harris, tight end Noah Fant and five draft picks (including two first-rounders) for quarterback Russell Wilson. They not only gave up a king’s ransom to get Wilson, but then made what now looks like a colossal mistake by giving him a five-year, $245 million albatross of a contract extension. It may be years before Wilson’s deal no longer haunts the team.

Chiefs fans have waited a very long time for this. And to quote a one-time Kansas City radio personality, “How does it taste, Denver? How does it taste?”

I hope the high price they paid will cripple them for years to come. 

30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

You guys never seem to learn...

How many years did the Chiefs absolutely suck because they lacked good coaching and a good front office?  Answer:  a bunch.

Russell Wilson isn't the only problem, and he looked quite good on Sunday despite a bad offensive line and ridiculously predictable playcalling.

Wilson will be fine but Denver will suck as long as they continue to neglect the offensive line and front office.

The solution to winning in Denver is firing the GM and HC (both of which the new ownership inherited).  If you put Wilson in a system like Shanahan ran with Jake Plummer to great success, and he will look like a different player, certainly good enough to win with.

18 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

You guys never seem to learn...

How many years did the Chiefs absolutely suck because they lacked good coaching and a good front office?  Answer:  a bunch.

Russell Wilson isn't the only problem, and he looked quite good on Sunday despite a bad offensive line and ridiculously predictable playcalling.

Wilson will be fine but Denver will suck as long as they continue to neglect the offensive line and front office.

The solution to winning in Denver is firing the GM and HC (both of which the new ownership inherited).  If you put Wilson in a system like Shanahan ran with Jake Plummer to great success, and he will look like a different player, certainly good enough to win with.

Seems simple. Good luck with that. He may look different, getting older as an example, but a loss is still a loss.  So you approve of that trade and sign? Did you read the entire article? Its a history of KC failures against Denver and now enjoying success. How many wins in a row for KC? I think it is 14. 

Enjoy the next 10-15 years of Mahomes vs whatever the Donkeys put on the field.

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Seems simple. Good luck with that. He may look different, getting older as an example, but a loss is still a loss.  So you approve of that trade and sign? 

Enjoy the next 10-15 years of Mahomes vs whatever the Donkeys put on the field.

I liked the idea of trading for him, but George Paton gave up WAY too much to get him.  He had all the leverage yet still handed them all those picks and gave Wilson that large extension.

So in that context, I don't blame Wilson at all, Paton should be fired, no question.  He should be fired before Hackett gets fired, and a new regime brought in.

And I wouldn't get too cocky about Mahomes, one injury could change the course of your franchise for years.  So enjoy it while you have it (like we did with Elway and Manning), but don't take it for granted.

Cam Newton went from NFL MVP to an afterthought in less than two years.  Every time you start to get cocky just think back to the days when you started Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, or Tyler Thigpen, and remember that life comes at you fast.

5 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I liked the idea of trading for him, but George Paton gave up WAY too much to get him.  He had all the leverage yet still handed them all those picks and gave Wilson that large extension.

So in that context, I don't blame Wilson at all, Paton should be fired, no question.  He should be fired before Hackett gets fired, and a new regime brought in.

And I wouldn't get too cocky about Mahomes, one injury could change the course of your franchise for years.  So enjoy it while you have it (like we did with Elway and Manning), but don't take it for granted.

Cam Newton went from NFL MVP to an afterthought in less than two years.  Every time you start to get cock just think back to the days when you started Damon Huard or Tyler Thigpen, and remember that life comes at you fast.

Yes I agree it could end tomorrow. Still its so fun now. Winning is so fun. Have to be cocky while you can.

Mahomes could also be the next Brady lasting till he is 45. So you may want to sleep, nightmares, on that possibility.

Are you not the guy that thought Drew Lock was the beginning of the Denver come back?