45 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Kansas City Chiefs’ offensive coordinator is once again front and center when it comes to NFL head coaching rumors for another year.

Just in case you thought Eric Bieniemy’s time had run its course as a prime head coaching candidate (somehow without ever having gotten a job), you can rest assured his name will be bandied about once again. That’s at least what we’re seeing in the early rumor cycles of names associated with the Denver Broncos.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/12/26/eric-bieniemy-mentioned-among-initial-broncos-head-coaching-candidates/

over these last few weeks I have heard quite a few names mentioned about up and coming HC Candidates but EB has not been among them. 14 interviews and no takers, to get him off the KC sideline he'd need fired.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

over these last few weeks I have heard quite a few names mentioned about up and coming HC Candidates but EB has not been among them. 14 interviews and no takers, to get him off the KC sideline he'd need fired.

Isn't there a chance for a college HC job?  No compensation, but it would give Nagy the OC job. 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:38 AM, SEMO said:

Sean Payton will be there first choice.  But, he will also be the first choice on any other team with a head coaching vacancy. 

there is a man who can chose to be picky, Denver has no draft picks they'll need someone who just would take anything. EB I'm afraid is a choosey beggar. IF he wanted another job Carolina might be the best option. 

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

there is a man who can chose to be picky, Denver has no draft picks they'll need someone who just would take anything. EB I'm afraid is a choosey beggar. IF he wanted another job Carolina might be the best option. 

That and he is probably gonna cost more than Denver can pay or should pay in the terms of draft picks.  

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach. 

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, following the team's blowout loss to the Rams, of all teams. Paton said the team would interview defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero for the head coaching position after Evero turned down the interim job this week. Broncos officials reportedly believe Russell Wilson is "fixable" and view him as a long-term solution at quarterback -- a good thing considering his contract makes Wilson untradeable. It's yet to be seen if the Broncos will recruit other former high-ranking government officials to find someone who can fix Wilson. 

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Didn't Randy Gregory get suspended for the Chiefs game?  Seems he slapped a Rams player during the post game handshakes.  At least that's the story that's out there. 

It was a Will Smith/Chris Rock-type slap. That seems to be the thing to do nowadays. To make it worse, he said to him, "Oday, can you see, by the dawn's early light?"  The most insulting thing was the bad pun that he inflicted on him.  He ought to be suspended for half a season just for the pun alone.

17 hours ago, SEMO said:

Sean Payton will be there first choice.  But, he will also be the first choice on any other team with a head coaching vacancy. 

Tampa had to give the Raiders 2 #1s and 2 #2s for Gruden. The Saints are looking g at a major rebuild and are going to want all the draft picks they can get. I don't think Denver has the resources to trade for Payton

3 hours ago, robgar said:

II am more worrieid about the interiim coach affect on thiis sundays game. 

We need to make sure we got our shit together.. 

yea I always worry about these scenarios  Interim Coaches come in  and make a quick splash.  I remember when Haley got Fired and RAC took over. The  next game the Chiefs slapped around the then IIRC undefeated Packers. 

NFL Ranking by Yards is not a true indicator of anything. Check out the Chiefs vs Denver D rankings. You go from 5th to 15th allowing 18 more yards per game. Crazy. That also does not take into account the schedule, weather, turnovers etc. Meaningless stats in my book.

Defensive Rankings

Denver: Fifth in overall defense (314.3 yards per game), 16th in rushing defense (117.4), sixth in passing defense (196.9), tied for seventh in scoring defense (20.3 points per game).

KC: Fifteenth in overall defense (332.9 yards per game), eighth in rushing defense (107.1), 20th in passing defense (225.7), tied for 15th in scoring defense (22.1 points per game).

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman (abdomen) will play in Week 17 against the Broncos. 

Hardman was slated to suit up last week against the Seahawks but Reid decided on Friday the wideout needed another week of recovery. Sidelined for the past month and a half, Hardman could return to a gadget-like role in the Kansas City offense against Denver. He's a fringe fantasy option, at best.