3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why would any top coach want the Denver HC job?  They're stuck for several more years with a declining head case at QB and spent much future draft capital on him.  It will be three or four years until they can recover from the worst trade in recent history and the coach will be a place holder until that happens.  Denver may have to settle for someone who just wants the title and money for a few years. 

Andy Reid came to the KC shit show. Ownership must have been a big draw.

Because there are only 32 total positions available. They can get some serious , Mega Millions , guaranteed money. New owners will court them. They dont react like fans. They may see Wilson as not washed up and more a victim of a horrible head coach. They may feel the new ownership is a big difference maker long term. 

Most teams with an opening are craps-ville. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Andy Reid came to the KC shit show. Ownership must have been a big draw.

Because there are only 32 total positions available. They can get some serious , Mega Millions , guaranteed money. New owners will court them. They dont react like fans. They may see Wilson as not washed up and more a victim of a horrible head coach. They may feel the new ownership is a big difference maker long term. 

Most teams with an opening are craps-ville. 

The 2013 Chiefs and the 2023 Donks are two different situations.  The Chiefs were at rock bottom, but they had a #1 draft pick and cap space.  They weren't stuck with several years of an expensive QB that underperformed.  Maybe some top coach thinks he can straighten out Wilson and produce an instant winner, but I don't see a Peyton or Harbaugh risking their reputation on that.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The 2013 Chiefs and the 2023 Donks are two different situations.  The Chiefs were at rock bottom, but they had a #1 draft pick and cap space.  They weren't stuck with several years of an expensive QB that underperformed.  Maybe some top coach thinks he can straighten out Wilson and produce an instant winner, but I don't see a Peyton or Harbaugh risking their reputation on that.  

You are entitled to your opinion. I respect that. We shall see. 

There is no cap on Coach salaries. Money talks and Denver Ownership has MONEY to burn.

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Back to the problem at hand.  Gregory and Dulcich are out for Denver on Sunday.  Should be a break for OBJ and the defense over the middle.  

This is going to be an interesting game because of the coach change. I do know Toubs better get his shit together as there will be special team fakes these next two weeks. Raiders and broncos would love nothing more than to hurt our chances for one seed. 

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

This is going to be an interesting game because of the coach change. I do know Toubs better get his shit together as there will be special team fakes these next two weeks. Raiders and broncos would love nothing more than to hurt our chances for one seed. 

There could be.  More likely, I think Denver's interim coach will be playing a lot of unproven players to help the front office decide who to keep and who to discard, just like any other team that no longer has anything to play for in the current season. If the Chiefs avoid crazy turnovers and play fundamentally sound football, there is no way they can lose. For the Broncos, I think every possession will be four downs to convert.  I don't expect to see much punting. They have nothing to lose by going for it on every fourth down.

Jim Harbaugh will be the next Denver HC. Book it. Denver will give him a huge guaranteed contract and complete control of the team. The ownership has stated the next coach will go direct to them and not the GM. 

Denver will be a much much better team next year. That Hackett guy was a complete idiot. The jackasses showed they can compete with KC in the last two games. 

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Jim Harbaugh will be the next Denver HC. Book it. Denver will give him a huge guaranteed contract and complete control of the team. The ownership has stated the next coach will go direct to them and not the GM. 

Denver will be a much much better team next year. That Hackett guy was a complete idiot. The jackasses showed they can compete with KC in the last two games. 

U maybe right with harbaugh but we won’t know till it happens. 
they definitely are a tough team and so are the raiders and chargers. 
chiefs are fine as long as we don’t do what we did yesterday. Turnovers , missing FG. 

5 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

U maybe right with harbaugh but we won’t know till it happens. 
they definitely are a tough team and so are the raiders and chargers. 
chiefs are fine as long as we don’t do what we did yesterday. Turnovers , missing FG. 

Wow, another missed field goal?  Shocker…

Seems like a pattern that keeps rearing its ugly head.  

4 hours ago, robgar said:

they gotta fix that line.. couldnt nobody play behind what i saw yesterday.. 

I cant blame wilson when they have, the equivelant of a herm edwards offensive line, that line is just offensive.. 

Wilson has no time to throw, when he does he's generally good.

The Denver line absolutely sucks. 

Broncos Reportedly Preparing $20 Million Per Season Coach Offer

Story by Chris Rosvoglou  Yesterday 12:26 PM

The Broncos' new ownership group is reportedly willing to break the bank for its next head coach. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-reportedly-preparing-20-million-per-season-coach-offer/ar-AA15VPSq?cvid=2a3d5896bdbb499ba4e04028ebf9544b

According to Colin Cowherd of FS1, the Broncos might consider offering Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh a salary of $20 million.  

If the Broncos pursue Sean Payton, they would reportedly offer more than $20 million for the 2023 season. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The Broncos' new ownership group is reportedly willing to break the bank for its next head coach. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-reportedly-preparing-20-million-per-season-coach-offer/ar-AA15VPSq?cvid=2a3d5896bdbb499ba4e04028ebf9544b

According to Colin Cowherd of FS1, the Broncos might consider offering Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh a salary of $20 million.  

If the Broncos pursue Sean Payton, they would reportedly offer more than $20 million for the 2023 season. 

image.png

Harbaugh would make Denver instant contenders. Yes he can work with Wilson.  They will need to dump their awful GM.

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Harbaugh would make Denver instant contenders. 

Yeah? How? They have no money... locked in to paying Wilson way more than he's worth through 2029.  Mediocre draft status for the next few years... hell we're sitting 10x better with the best QB in the league. Hard to believe Wilson makes 10% more than Patrick.

That's why Payton will likely go to AZ... and yeah, I could see Harbaugh going back to the league. His bowl record at UM is a dismal 1-6... but he can leave after his greatest accomplishment... finishing 2-5 against the rival.

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

As long as they keep the defense intact a coaching overhaul on offense could make Broncos a decent team and likely the #2 in the division. Chargers should feel threatened. 

I doubt they will be able to afford some of their defensive stars... we're trying to figure ways to keep guys like Sneed and Bolton... Denver's defensive roster will be even more difficult to maintain than ours. 

I am not sold on Jim Harbaugh as an effective NFL Coach.

The guy makes mediocre in game decisions and at crunch time-he gets worse.

You can't play the same head games with NFL Players that you can routinely get away with at the NCAA level.

Our middle son was an athlete at Stanford (Track) when Harbaugh was there and the football players did not speak highly of Jim.

w

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

image.png

but they cant shit the draft picks needed

I don’t know why he would take the job. He finally got Michigan into the playoffs. Why give that up to go to a team with a has been QB getting paid like that and no picks. The Wilson deal makes Denver the worst job in the NFL. I think the best choice for them is EB because that gets us a draft pick.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know why he would take the job. He finally got Michigan into the playoffs. Why give that up to go to a team with a has been QB getting paid like that and no picks. The Wilson deal makes Denver the worst job in the NFL. I think the best choice for them is EB because that gets us a draft pick.

20 million and he already stated he wants back in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

20 million and he already stated he wants back in the NFL.

True that. Maybe he will, but I would rather get 7 mill a year and be relevant than 20 for 2 years until they fire him and ruin his legacy. It will be interesting to see what he does.