1 minute ago, DieHard said:

True that. Maybe he will, but I would rather get 7 mill a year and be relevant than 20 for 2 years until they fire him and ruin his legacy. It will be interesting to see what he does. 

He may get 5 years guaranteed. He is making 9 at Mich.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

True that. Maybe he will, but I would rather get 7 mill a year and be relevant than 20 for 2 years until they fire him and ruin his legacy. It will be interesting to see what he does. 

For the difference between 20 mil and 7 mil, even if it's only 2 or 3 years... screw my legacy :lol: 

I'll be on an island somewhere drinking beer and laughing

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports "the Broncos plan to interview Jim Harbaugh for their head coaching job early this week."

Harbaugh has flirted with a return to the NFL in recent years, and the Broncos, now under new management, have the checkbook to make him a lucrative offer. They are also interviewing former Saints head coach Sean Payton for the gig. Harbaugh would be joining a roster saddled with Russell Wilson's contract and few draft picks, but his relationship with Michigan has been on shaky ground in recent years. A massive payday and a return to the pros could be worth taking on a questionable job in Denver. Harbaugh has also reportedly talked with Panthers owner David Tepper about Carolina's head coaching vacancy.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports "the Broncos plan to interview Jim Harbaugh for their head coaching job early this week."

Harbaugh has flirted with a return to the NFL in recent years, and the Broncos, now under new management, have the checkbook to make him a lucrative offer. They are also interviewing former Saints head coach Sean Payton for the gig. Harbaugh would be joining a roster saddled with Russell Wilson's contract and few draft picks, but his relationship with Michigan has been on shaky ground in recent years. A massive payday and a return to the pros could be worth taking on a questionable job in Denver. Harbaugh has also reportedly talked with Panthers owner David Tepper about Carolina's head coaching vacancy.

I think they have Sean Payton also lined up for an 

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

Denver has looked like a dramatically different team since firing Hackett.  I guess HC actually does matter.  Who woulda thunk it......

They've looked better for sure, not sure about dramatically.  Side note: Geno Smith broke Russ's Seahags franchise record for passing yards.  Looks like the Bronco's found their next QB!

4 minutes ago, xen said:

They've looked better for sure, not sure about dramatically.  Side note: Geno Smith broke Russ's Seahags franchise record for passing yards.  Looks like the Bronco's found their next QB!

You mean Seattle found their QB? 

5 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Denver has looked like a dramatically different team since firing Hackett.  I guess HC actually does matter.  Who woulda thunk it......

After everything is said and done it appears to me that Denver dodged a bullet w Rogers. Wilson might just do something in Denver.  Next season will be different. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

a regular Nostrafukndamus

We will just have to see then won’t we.  If Denver beats the Chiefs and actually does better I expect you to give credit where credit is due.  

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

a regular Nostrafukndamus

It's pretty easy to predict improvement when the bar is set so low.  Conversely, one could say the Chiefs are in decline since they went from SB winner to SB losers to AFCCG losers in the past three years.  They might only win 13 next year. 

20 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

After everything is said and done it appears to me that Denver dodged a bullet w Rogers. Wilson might just do something in Denver.  Next season will be different. 

I agree with this.  Rodgers definitely looked like a guy who was thinking about retirement right after that game...

20 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

We will just have to see then won’t we.  If Denver beats the Chiefs and actually does better I expect you to give credit where credit is due.  

You playing QB for them next year?  Probably bout the same results.

I mean their bound to beat us at some point I would think.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

You playing QB for them next year?  Probably bout the same results.

I mean their bound to beat us at some point I would think.  

Yep, every team lays an egg once in a while.  I remember one of the worst KC teams beating an unbeatable GB team in Arrowhead about 10-12 years ago.  Walking out through the parking lot we heard several GB fans commenting on how that just couldn't have happened.  But it sometimes does.

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep, every team lays an egg once in a while.  I remember one of the worst KC teams beating an unbeatable GB team in Arrowhead about 10-12 years ago.  Walking out through the parking lot we heard several GB fans commenting on how that just couldn't have happened.  But it sometimes does.

that was RAC's first game after Haley got fired

On 1/9/2023 at 6:57 PM, Mr Ev said:

They need to do something with that OL. Chris Jones ain't a tree.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:17 PM, jetlord said:

I remember a 1-15 Chargers team getting their sole win against the Chiefs...I think in the Grbac years, maybe...but once upon a time it seemed like the Chiefs split with the Chargers every year.  Any given Sunday!

The Advocate's Jeff Duncan reports Sean Payton is believed to be seeking $20-$25 million per season in contract negotiations. 

Duncan also reports that Payton is seeking a four-year deal, and that the Saints consider two first-round picks the "starting point" in any trade discussions. Ay caramba. Payton is a difference-making coach, but that would be close to franchise-crippling for a team like the Broncos that is already out its 2023 first-rounder. Payton would have to do the job of his life with declining franchise quarterback Russell Wilson to make that deal worth it. Consider us skeptical any team would cough up a pair of Day 1 selections despite Payton's track record. 

18 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The Advocate's Jeff Duncan reports Sean Payton is believed to be seeking $20-$25 million per season in contract negotiations. 

Duncan also reports that Payton is seeking a four-year deal, and that the Saints consider two first-round picks the "starting point" in any trade discussions. Ay caramba. Payton is a difference-making coach, but that would be close to franchise-crippling for a team like the Broncos that is already out its 2023 first-rounder. Payton would have to do the job of his life with declining franchise quarterback Russell Wilson to make that deal worth it. Consider us skeptical any team would cough up a pair of Day 1 selections despite Payton's track record. 

They have a 2023 1at rounder trading Chubb. They get the 49ers pick thru Miami. That pick looks to be going lower and lower in round 1.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I can only think of 2 franchises that would be so desperate at this point and both are in AFC West :D 

I don't expect the Saints getting 2 1st round picks but they will likely get a solid compensation in the process. Let's see if Denver is stupid enough to give up so many picks.