Thank you PFF!!!

Ranking Mahomes week 1 performance as the #8 performance by a QB really helps that fire he has in his belly. I usually get frustrated by the complete lunacy of what PFF puts out, but this time it is helpful.

Yes, Pat was the only QB to toss 5 TDs. Yes, he was only one of two QBs to have zero INTs. Yes, he had by far the highest passer rating in the league. BUT, you have to apply the "advanced metrics" to truly understand how is is #8.

We seriously can't legitimately quote PFF ranking when talking about player with a straight face, can we? BTW, Allen was ranked #1. 7 spots ahead of Mahomes. He had 2 less TDs, two more INTs and didn't even crack 300 yards. Lunacy.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Ranking Mahomes week 1 performance as the #8 performance by a QB really helps that fire he has in his belly. I usually get frustrated by the complete lunacy of what PFF puts out, but this time it is helpful.

Yes, Pat was the only QB to toss 5 TDs. Yes, he was only one of two QBs to have zero INTs. Yes, he had by far the highest passer rating in the league. BUT, you have to apply the "advanced metrics" to truly understand how is is #8.

We seriously can't legitimately quote PFF ranking when talking about player with a straight face, can we? BTW, Allen was ranked #1. 7 spots ahead of Mahomes. He had 2 less TDs, two more INTs and didn't even crack 300 yards. Lunacy.

PFF isn't advanced metrics it's grading based off film study.  And obviously extremely flawed grading at this point.

Might get some hate mail for this, but I think Allen and Mahomes is about the same person almost. I wouldn't be mad to have either one of them as my QB. Now if I was starting a team and I got one to pick one player to build team around I give the slight edge to Mahomes but wouldn't be upset if I had to pick Allen.

6 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Might get some hate mail for this, but I think Allen and Mahomes is about the same person almost. I wouldn't be mad to have either one of them as my QB. Now if I was starting a team and I got one to pick one player to build team around I give the slight edge to Mahomes but wouldn't be upset if I had to pick Allen.

Allen’s success, to this point, is very heavily dependent on his ability to run. Allen probably has greater injury risk. I’d take smart scrambler vs. designed running QB.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Allen’s success, to this point, is very heavily dependent on his ability to run. Allen probably has greater injury risk. I’d take smart scrambler vs. designed running QB.

Good point. In a different system he may not need to run as much. I think both are on par with each other and in systems that work best for each. If they switched teams it would be interesting to see what the results would be.

I didn't realize Cris Collinsworth was majority owner of PFF. It all makes sense now.

Cris Collinsworth, former star Bengals receiver, current analyst on NBC's “Sunday Night Football” and Fort Thomas resident who owns the largest stake in PFF, spoke glowingly of Hornsby and his ability to launch PFF. Collinsworth bought a majority stake in PFF in 2014.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I didn't realize Cris Collinsworth was majority owner of PFF. It all makes sense now.

Cris Collinsworth, former star Bengals receiver, current analyst on NBC's “Sunday Night Football” and Fort Thomas resident who owns the largest stake in PFF, spoke glowingly of Hornsby and his ability to launch PFF. Collinsworth bought a majority stake in PFF in 2014.

Here’s a guy who creates ranking narrative!

I wish I could find the tweet, but there was a comparison where Herbert and Mahomes both threw nearly identically placed balls into triple coverage for a completion.  Herbert was  given an “elite” throw by pff while Mahomes was given “potential turnover risk” for his…. 

As the popular saying goes on this board…. Lunacy…

12 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I wish I could find the tweet, but there was a comparison where Herbert and Mahomes both threw nearly identically placed balls into triple coverage for a completion.  Herbert was  given an “elite” throw by pff while Mahomes was given “potential turnover risk” for his…. 

As the popular saying goes on this board…. Lunacy…

The NFL still needs to grow the LA market. No better way than to hype the Chargers and will them to the Super Bowl to make LA the champions city. Rams legitimized it last year, Chargers this year.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:24 PM, Thegoatee said:

I think the usage is very critical at this point. Mahomes is a decent runner but he has been holding back likely due to team commands. Allen on the other hand needs to win now and big for whatever reason. I'm not sure if Buffalo is realizing the risk but they need to be a bit more careful with Allen.