Chiefs vs Chargers

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Keenan Allen (hamstring) is "unlikely" to play in Week 2 against the Chiefs. 

Fowler added "there is optimism after tests that his hamstring injury isn’t anything long-term." Allen never had a real chance to suit up for Thursday night's matchup against Kansas City after suffering a hamstring injury in Week 1 against Vegas. He was on his way to a nice fantasy day, catching all four of his targets for 66 yards before the injury. Justin Herbert spread the ball around after Allen's exit; no Chargers pass catcher saw more than four targets against the Raiders. Allen's absence should make Joshua Palmer a viable starter in 12-team leagues that start 3-4 receivers. Palmer ran the second most routes among Chargers receivers in the team's Week 1 win over Vegas and reeled in all three of his targets for five yards. 

RELATED: 

Chiefs placed CB Trent McDuffie (hamstring) on injured reserve.

McDuffie left Kansas City's win over Arizona in the second half and was carted into the locker room. He played 21 coverage snaps before departing, and even though he's a rookie, this will probably hurt Kansas City's pass defense a bit. McDuffie will miss at least four weeks. 

With Trent M. out I see the Chargers winning this. Not sure KC can hold back their pass rush and Chargers should have no problems moving the ball in the air. I hope KC brings in a veteran corner. I dont trust the rookies at this point and depth is questionable.

36-27 Chargers

Ariz. was not a big test. 

Just now, DieHard said:

I don't know. With Allen and McDuffy out, its kind of a wash. I am worried about Wiley and Gretty a little.   24-17 Chiefs

Good points. Chargers have receivers to fill in but KC now has a less talented rookie filling in. Maybe they move Sneed outside and have Reid play the Slot with Cook at Safety. 

Thursday night games are brutal for the visiting team.  Mahomes is brutal in September.  Chiefs 13-2 in the last 15 against the Chargers not counting the game we rested our starters.  Chargers coach has 10 career wins which is a bad year for Andy.  

But any given Thursday as they say.

Chiefs 32-17.  

I think KC has a few advantages Im this game 

While the Chargers were in a battle till the end KC was resting guys and the Chargers after a tough game and a short week are the ones travelling

KCs offense is still an unknown in some ways as their really is only one week of tape on the new guys.  This isn't the same offense as last year and KC probably changes things up a bit again this year.  I think i seen during the game or maybe after they ran alot of 2 n 3 TE sets alot more than what they did last year.  Reid will have some wrinkles based off what was in the AZ game out of those sets. 

I think Allen is bigger loss to them than McD is us. Now they can focus more on Williams than having to contend with both. 

Losing McDuffie really hurts, but I agree that the Chargers losing Allen hopefully even things out. I didn't want to see either hurt, I was looking forward to seeing how McDuffie did against Allen, since he's had success against the Chiefs corners over the years. 

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

Losing McDuffie really hurts, but I agree that the Chargers losing Allen hopefully even things out. I didn't want to see either hurt, I was looking forward to seeing how McDuffie did against Allen, since he's had success against the Chiefs corners over the years. 

Your point is well taken. My thought is that the Chargers still have some other veteran good receivers to fill in now being covered by a much less talented KC rookie. I see that as advantage Chargers. They will scheme there offense at him. Im not sure how well Trent would have done or if he would have been on Allen? Ariz. was lacking weapons. Murry is not Herbert. Should be a great game and AFC West match up win or lose.

Unfortunately he will miss at least 4 more games against some good teams. Not good.

Chargers coach Brandon Staley refused to rule out WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) but admitted "it's not looking great" for Week 2's game against the Chiefs.

Allen's hamstring will, per Staley, "probably take some time to heal." Josh Palmer, DeAndre Carter, and Gerald Everett will be the beneficiaries of Allen's injury if, as seems incredibly likely, Allen does not play on Thursday Night Football. Allen's hamstring injury has not been described as incredibly serious, so he might have a shot at playing in Week 3. 

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Your point is well taken. My thought is that the Chargers still have some other veteran good receivers to fill in now being covered by a much less talented KC rookie. I see that as advantage Chargers. They will scheme there offense at him. Im not sure how well Trent would have done or if he would have been on Allen? Ariz. was lacking weapons. Murry is not Herbert. Should be a great game and AFC West match up win or lose.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chargers won. I don't know much about their other receivers besides Allen & Williams. I don't think anyone thinks Murray is on Herberts level. 

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chargers won. I don't know much about their other receivers besides Allen & Williams. I don't think anyone thinks Murray is on Herberts level. 

Agree. They have added lots of weapons. Their defense gave up a lot of yards to the Raiders and Carr was a turnover machine. I think Mahomes will still put up #s if his protection holds up.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. They have added lots of weapons. Their defense gave up a lot of yards to the Raiders and Carr was a turnover machine. I think Mahomes will still put up #s if his protection holds up.

I still think the Chiefs are capable of winning, just don't know how the rookies will hold up, like you mentioned. I stay away from predictions because it's too hard for me to be objective concerning the Chiefs.I need to go back and watch the Chargers/Raiders game.  

24 minutes ago, qnet said:

I still think the Chiefs are capable of winning, just don't know how the rookies will hold up, like you mentioned. I stay away from predictions because it's too hard for me to be objective concerning the Chiefs.I need to go back and watch the Chargers/Raiders game.  

Me too. LOL

Watching the Chargers/Raiders. These teams match up really well against each other, but Herbert is starting clown, getting into rhythm. One thing the Chargers are doing better is establishing just enough of a running game, that it's opening up things for Herbert.  

I think the chiefs will be fine in this match up. I believe Allen and JC Jackson are out for chargers. Our young defense is going to be tested and will get beat but they are faster and more hungry so that in itself will help. We have a better LB starting this year and let’s not forget about Chris Jones. 
On offense, chargers don’t know what we are goi g to do. They do know not to blitz. So Reid needs to dink  and dunk like they did last week and all will be fine. 
31-23 chiefs.