Chiefs vs Chargers

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I sure hope so. Fenton is often hurt and there are no real back ups at this point. OK guys who is available out there?

There are quite a few vet corners out there right now... just whether or not they'd be any help. I don't think this game would give us much but it still might be prudent to bring one in.

Chris Harris Jr, Malcom Butler, Ross Cockrell, TJ Carrie, Janoris Jenkins, and Joe Haden are available but all in that 32-33 age range. Deandre Baker is a candidate (that's painful, but he already knows the D). Not sure if Darqueze Dennard is worth it or not but he went from a decent player to getting bounced off practice squads.

The Chiefs would need a cheap option. If they do sign one, I'd definitely lean towards Baker.

1 hour ago, kccrow said:

There are quite a few vet corners out there right now... just whether or not they'd be any help. I don't think this game would give us much but it still might be prudent to bring one in.

Chris Harris Jr, Malcom Butler, Ross Cockrell, TJ Carrie, Janoris Jenkins, and Joe Haden are available but all in that 32-33 age range. Deandre Baker is a candidate (that's painful, but he already knows the D). Not sure if Darqueze Dennard is worth it or not but he went from a decent player to getting bounced off practice squads.

The Chiefs would need a cheap option. If they do sign one, I'd definitely lean towards Baker.

Harris knows AFC West, not that I think it's that critical but wouldn't hurt. Pretty much anyone that can help should be on the first flight to KC at this point. Already a very young group that will miss a very decent rookie. 

23 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Mack-Bosa....... Wylie   Concerning? 

Yes n no.  Mahomes was getting the ball out quicker it seemed.  Seemed more decisive going thru his reads and not waiting on Hill to break open.  Seemed more content taking a quick 7 to 8 yd gain vs trying for the big play.  They had 2 drives of 9 mins or more and another one of 7 and another of over 5.  While i know it was against Zona i think it at least shows that they aren't trying to look for the big play as much which which might the slow down the rush.   

They have the ability and personnel to really negate Mack n Bosa with Andys ability to draw up screens then with 2 n 3 TE sets the short to intermediate pass game and then running the ball right at them.  

Whether Andy n Patrick contine to have patience or not is the question. 

8 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yes n no.  Mahomes was getting the ball out quicker it seemed.  Seemed more decisive going thru his reads and not waiting on Hill to break open.  Seemed more content taking a quick 7 to 8 yd gain vs trying for the big play.  They had 2 drives of 9 mins or more and another one of 7 and another of over 5.  While i know it was against Zona i think it at least shows that they aren't trying to look for the big play as much which which might the slow down the rush.   

They have the ability and personnel to really negate Mack n Bosa with Andys ability to draw up screens then with 2 n 3 TE sets the short to intermediate pass game and then running the ball right at them.  

Thats some very talented guys to stop. Hope you are correct.

6 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

but isn't that  kinda what was expected with no Hill? More matriculating the ball down the field?  I think Mack & Bosa will get theirs's with at least some serious pressures. Totally agree with the last sentence, things start getting harry and 2 scores behind late in the 3rd that patience may go out the window.

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

but isn't that  kinda what was expected with no Hill? More matriculating the ball down the field?  I think Mack & Bosa will get theirs's with at least some serious pressures. Totally agree with the last sentence, things start getting harry and 2 scores behind late in the 3rd that patience may go out the window.

Agreed.  Just saying that might slow those 2 is all.  

34 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Anytime i predict anything about the actual game Im usually wrong lol.  So Mack n Bosa will dominate relgatining Pat to the 32nd ranked QB on the gold standard of QB rankings which is unquestionably PFF.  😉

Mahomes has never finished outside the top 5 in sack percentage and has spent a career playing against Von Miller, Chubb, Crosby, Bosa, Ingram etc.  He is mobile and smart and wears defenses out.  You can't blitz him and he's a threat to run.  He averages 33 yards a game rushing against the Chargers in his career in part because of that.  In 7 games against the Chargers he has been sacked 8 times.  I'd be much more worried if we had Alex Smith back there, but Mahomes has showed over and over that he's outstanding against pressure.  He's elusive and creative outside the pocket.  He's possibly the best we have had at presnap reads and he seems to have a shitload of targets.  Absolutely the Chargers are really good and absolutely they could win, but these games we have thrived on for a long time.  

Everyone touts Mac,  it I don’t remember him doing much to the Chiefs when he played with the Raiders. I’m not saying he’s not a bad player, just don’t remember him being that much of a problem back then. Maybe because Schwartz was the RT back then?

3 minutes ago, qnet said:

Everyone touts Mac,  it I don’t remember him doing much to the Chiefs when he played with the Raiders. I’m not saying he’s not a bad player, just don’t remember him being that much of a problem back then. Maybe because Schwartz was the RT back then?

Yes. Did the Faiders have a Bosa too? Thats the big issue. Hard to double both? 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes I knew that. My point was the Raiders only had one good pass rusher. 

I was busy and didn’t read your message entirely, before I answered. I thought that was a strange question for a Chiefs fan.

They both will give the Chiefs problems no doubt.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Mahomes has never finished outside the top 5 in sack percentage and has spent a career playing against Von Miller, Chubb, Crosby, Bosa, Ingram etc.  He is mobile and smart and wears defenses out.  You can't blitz him and he's a threat to run.  He averages 33 yards a game rushing against the Chargers in his career in part because of that.  In 7 games against the Chargers he has been sacked 8 times.  I'd be much more worried if we had Alex Smith back there, but Mahomes has showed over and over that he's outstanding against pressure.  He's elusive and creative outside the pocket.  He's possibly the best we have had at presnap reads and he seems to have a shitload of targets.  Absolutely the Chargers are really good and absolutely they could win, but these games we have thrived on for a long time.  

I can't tell if you thought i was being serious or not about Mack n Bosa dominating.  I was just trying to be sarcastic and have a bit fun with West on what he said.   

Either way i agree with what you said. 

6 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I can't tell if you thought i was being serious or not about Mack n Bosa dominating.  I was just trying to be sarcastic and have a bit fun with West on what he said.   

Either way i agree with what you said. 

No.  I knew you were not serious.  But you were discussing the matter at hand so you got quoted somehow.  Always a concern facing big time pass rushers. 

Chargers are overrated.  Tired of hearing about Chargers winning games vs us the last 2 years.  Last 2 Chargers wins:

2021 KC still adjusting on offense to drop 8, defense still playing like shit.  KC had 4 turnovers to 0 for Chargers, lost by 6.

2020 vs Chiefs backups while starters rested.  Doesn't count.

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Chargers are overrated.  Tired of hearing about Chargers winning games vs us the last 2 years.  Last 2 Chargers wins:

2021 KC still adjusting on offense to drop 8, defense still playing like shit.  KC had 4 turnovers to 0 for Chargers, lost by 6.

Hope you are correct! We shall find out soon.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

Wasn’t one of those turnovers a pick 6 that bounced off the hands of that receiver who isn’t here anymore?