Chiefs vs Chargers

29 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Wasn’t one of those turnovers a pick 6 that bounced off the hands of that receiver who isn’t here anymore? 

Tyreek fumbled on their 14 yard line.  I don't think he caused an interception that game.  But we did throw an interception on their 3 yard line also.  We were ahead 24 to 21 with 2 minutes to go.  They kicked a field goal and then later we held them on 4th and 9 to force overtime, but a pass interference on Baker.  We had almost 100 more yards of offense.  5 minutes more TOP.  12 more first downs.  We had 190 yards of rushing.  We dominated the game except for 4 turnovers to none.  And subsequently points obviously.  

• The headline of the final injury report for the Chiefs is that kicker Harrison Butker (ankle) has been ruled out for the game. The Chiefs plan to start kicker Matt Ammendola, who won a “kicker derby” this week and spent it on the practice squad; he’ll be elevated for the game.
  • Right guard Trey Smith (ankle) is officially questionable, but the fact that he would have been a full participant at Wednesday’s practice indicates he is a good bet to play Thursday night. If he cannot play, expect Nick Allegretti to fill in at right guard.
  • Cornerback Trent McDuffie (hamstring) has been placed on injured reserve, and so he will miss at least the Thursday night game against the Chargers and the three games to follow. Since McDuffie is on the injured list, he does not appear on the injury report.
  • The rest of the Chiefs on the injury list — including Patrick Mahomes (left wrist) — have no designation and should be good to go.
  • On the Los Angeles side, tight end Donald Parham Jr. (hamstring) and wide receiver Keenan Allen (hamstring) have been ruled out. Allen, the Chargers’ top weapon, is a significant loss.
  • Cornerback J.C. Jackson (ankle) is questionable as he looks to make his 2022 season debut.

16 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Tyreek fumbled on their 14 yard line.  I don't think he caused an interception that game.  But we did throw an interception on their 3 yard line also.  We were ahead 24 to 21 with 2 minutes to go.  They kicked a field goal and then later we held them on 4th and 9 to force overtime, but a pass interference on Baker.  We had almost 100 more yards of offense.  5 minutes more TOP.  12 more first downs.  We had 190 yards of rushing.  We dominated the game except for 4 turnovers to none.  And subsequently points obviously.  

Ok, thanks. I got my winnable games we somehow lost mixed up. 

Im glad Mahomes is not thinking the past is the present. He has been planning for a very improved Charger team for months. Like it or not this is a formidable team. Going  to be a different division for years to come. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/9/14/23352889/chiefs-chargers-andy-reid-patrick-mahomes-talk-about-preparation

When the Chargers made the move to acquire Mack this offseason, it was easy to point to Mahomes as the reason Los Angeles felt the need to make the move. When you ask Mahomes, he believes it was more about the entire division’s level of quarterback play.

“I mean not just me, we have great quarterbacks in this division in general,” Mahomes countered. “So you saw everybody in this division get pass rushers so they can get out there and get after the quarterback and make it hard on us. But Khalil [Mack] is a great player. I mean obviously they have Bosa already with a lot of other guys that go out there and can rush the passer. They have a good defense everywhere.”

“I’m just sad Khalil came back man. I though he was out of the AFC West but now he’s back getting sacks again.”

Mack’s comeback to the AFC West allows the Chargers to get after the quarterback with just a four-man rush. It’s something they will likely lean on against Kansas City, knowing it’s not smart to blitz Mahomes extensively.

Yeah he says that type of shit about every team @AFCWEST

Look nobody's saying they're not a good team, they obviously are, and any given Sunday yadda yadda yadda, but they're not the second coming of Football Jesus like some of the media portray (some literally every year).

Of course the team should take them seriously but I don't think Andy's gonna let me play tomorrow, so I say fuck em.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Look nobody's saying they're not a good team, they obviously are, and any given Sunday yadda yadda yadda, but they're not the second coming of Football Jesus like some of the media portray (some literally every year).

Of course the team should take them seriously but I don't think Andy's gonna let me play tomorrow, so I say fuck em.

Media needs someone to challenge Mahomes so they are willing to go as far as they can. I like Herbert and believe he can be an elite QB but I wouldn't even consider him top 5 at this point. Media would love to have Allen in the same division with Mahomes but they have to settle for whatever they can.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Media needs someone to challenge Mahomes so they are willing to go as far as they can. I like Herbert and believe he can be an elite QB but I wouldn't even consider him top 5 at this point. Media would love to have Allen in the same division with Mahomes but they have to settle for whatever they can.

If Herbert's not top 5 he's knocking on the door.  Personally I think I might have him at 5.

2 hours ago, xen said:

If Herbert's not top 5 he's knocking on the door.  Personally I think I might have him at 5.

1.  Mahomes

2.  Allen

3.  Rodgers

4.  Brady

5.  Herbert

1 hour ago, xen said:

Definitely knocking on the door but the hype is exceeding the production in some clutch games IMO. I would definitely consider him top 7 at this point and he can easily crack the top 5 with some consistency in tougher games. 

BTW I'm taking Mahomes as the base for comparison. Even when we lose or he doesn't have a stellar game there's a level of performance and consistency that he brings to the table every single day. The same is true for Allen but Herbert still needs a little more time to get there. 

10 hours ago, xen said:

rick-flair-wooo.gif