Chiefs vs Chargers

I'm a little nervous about tonight. I think the Chargers pass rush and the Chiefs' oline ability to limit it will be huge. I hate that Herbert is 2-0 at Arrowhead. Our home field will not rattle him. I am also curious to see how our defense looks with all the new faces. Chris Jones needs to be a game wrecker. Will Andy try to run more? So many questions.

Just now, dhitter said:

I'm a little nervous about tonight. I think the Chargers pass rush and the Chiefs' oline ability to limit it will be huge. I hate that Herbert is 2-0 at Arrowhead. Our home field will not rattle him. I am also curious to see how our defense looks with all the new faces. Chris Jones needs to be a game wrecker. Will Andy try to run more? So many questions.

I'm marking this as an L. Did preseason and nothing as of yet has shown me I should change my mind, not that there is a big sample size.

Just now, oldtimer said:

I'm marking this as an L. Did preseason and nothing as of yet has shown me I should change my mind, not that there is a big sample size.

Derwin James is going to be on Kelce all night. I don't like that matchup for us. Our non Kelce receivers are going to have to show up big. But for me it's about defense. Can this year's version of our D step up in these types of games? There is only one way to find out. And let's not forget most of these games are close. The kicking game could be a deciding factor too.😳

Very hard game to predict.  Chargers down a WR that kills KC and the Chiefs trotting out a rookie to stop Mike Williams.  Chargers have beefed up the pass rush and the Chiefs get home field and the crowd.  Chiefs have more weapons this season but James plays very well against Kelce.  I'm fearful that it may come down to a FG and the Chiefs lost any advantage there.  

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Derwin James is going to be on Kelce all night. I don't like that matchup for us. Our non Kelce receivers are going to have to show up big. But for me it's about defense. Can this year's version of our D step up in these types of games? There is only one way to find out. And let's not forget most of these games are close. The kicking game could be a deciding factor too.😳

Bingo.. there is going to be a DPOTW type of performance from a D player and and one of the wr's  be a OPOTW for this not to be a FG game 

Well if the Chiefs loose this board will become extremely active. Misery loves company and unfortunately negative news gets attention. Im hoping for a big KC win. I dont watch or listen to THE SHOWS so I dont care what they say one way or the other.

Its a game. Its entertainment. This game and this division should be entertaining all year long. ENJOY

I'm nervous as well. It's really hard to tell at this point in time. I think the Chiefs rookie defenders are really key in this game, which it not good IMHO.  I watched the Chargers / raiders game, and as many problems the Chargers gave Carr, a I think Mahomes would have done better in the same situation. This is the game when Tyreek Hill could have made a difference. 

The running game is the big part I'm concerned about. The Chiefs must establish it, if they can, and stick with it. Honestly, if the Chargers win, I won't be surprised, it's just hard to say what will happen.