Chiefs vs Chargers

36 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

This may be the best edge rush duo we face this year. I think Chargers deserve a lot of credit for the defense. Mahomes got lucky, but, Wylie and Brown did him few favors.

I agree and it's why it's hard to compare.  I just didn't understand people saying Herbert wasn't good or didn't play well tonight. Watson made a terrific play or they probably win.  If CJ didn't get pressure, Herbert had a lot of time.   Plus, their D as a whole is elite were ours is a work in progress.   So, you are right its hard comparing when one faced a different level of D.   Just glad we got that W.  

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree and it's why it's hard to compare.  I just didn't understand people saying Herbert wasn't good or didn't play well tonight. Watson made a terrific play or they probably win.  If CJ didn't get pressure, Herbert had a lot of time.   Plus, their D as a whole is elite were ours is a work in progress.   So, you are right its hard comparing when one faced a different level of D.   Just glad we got that W.  

Our defense isn't a done thing yet and can do wonders if we know what the opposition will do. However their defense was elite so we couldn't get them to go one dimensional which led to the outcome IMO. I don't expect our defense to improve a lot this year so we could see this repeat a few times.

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Herbert looked pretty good tonight minus the pick 6.  Mahomes looked a lot like he did last year.  He made some terrible throws.  Doesn't mean I think Herbert is better but he isn't far away and has games were he is better.   Mahomes doesn't have as talented a D as Herbert, but Mahomes looked shaky at times tonight.  Glad we got the W and this LA team is no joke, still this O looks bad in stretches.  

Mahomes bad throws were almost all due to pressure, in my opinion. The Chargers went out and got Mack for a reason. Him and Bosa are a nasty tandem. 

On the flip side we still aren't getting enough from our d line. They don't make plays against the run, and they don't manufacture enough pressure with 4. They did improve in the second half. But I think ultimately the ceiling is going to be limited on this defense until the d line gets a legit overhaul. I'm talking about adding an impact free agent and 2 more high picks. 

Overall I see exactly what I expected. This team has improved in the middle of the roster. We sacrificed some star power for youth, depth, and speed. Long term it's still a great plan for us cap wise. I think the Chiefs are a good team. I dont see a great team here.

But a good team with a great QB and HC always has a chance...

BTW Reid completely abandoned the run yesterday during quarter 3. Water is wet. Reid will call pass plays. It's just in his DNA. 

couldn't watch and I hate Holthus he's unbearable. I appreciate his passion  but after awhile good lord. This was a fun read gross overreaction to bad times with sprinkling of a few solid posts all by the same people.

People who paid for the game namely fans in the stands certainly got a good ride last night.

I see a KC TEAM that needs some work. Wr's need to get seperation the Oline needs some serious work, and the d line is how can I put this----- well they suck.  But as the game went on I did see some improvement, not much but some. JuJU and MVS were MIA most of the night. But what I did learn from that game last night is this . Arizona is a really bad team. 

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

couldn't watch and I hate Holthus he's unbearable. I appreciate his passion  but after awhile good lord. This was a fun read gross overreaction to bad times with sprinkling of a few solid posts all by the same people.

People who paid for the game namely fans in the stands certainly got a good ride last night.

The $79  NFL+ is worth it. Watched the replay 5 minutes after the end.

With 74 yards rushing (9.4 yards per carry) and 44 yards receiving (11 yards per catch), Clyde Edwards-Helaire was by far the most impactful offensive player of the game.

Say what you will about the fact that his 52-yard run made up the majority of his production on the ground, but we are undoubtedly in the early stages of his break-out campaign. He had 74 all-purpose yards and 2 touchdowns last week, so Thursday’s performance should cement him as the guy moving forward.

8 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Was that Gay with outside pressure and Karlaftis inside that forced Herbert to throw that pass? Looked like he was going to get sacked there if he didn’t get rid of it pretty quick. 

It was Gay on the inside and Karlaftis on the outside. 

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

This is the toughest rush that Mahomes will face all season, at least until they face the Chargers again.  The rest of the division has a pass rush as well, but not at this level.  The Chiefs were lucky to win tonight with a 14 point swing on the pick six and a lucky recovery on the on sides kick.  This is one they would have lost early last season.  Fenton gotta go.  When McDuffie comes back, Fenton is #4 CB at best.  Cook needs to rein it in on getting stupid penalties.  My impression is that the Chiefs won a game against a top quality opponent when the Chiefs didn't play their best.  They really need to get Niang or some other RT back to replace Wylie.  Good win but frustrating to watch.  

And yet we won. That is the exact game they gotta learn to keep winning and pat has to calm down in these games. That looked like the Tampa super bowls defense for a while.

solution; run the ball just a tiny bit more to back them off. You would think they would have leaned by now. Cost us a bowl already.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Mahomes bad throws were almost all due to pressure, in my opinion. The Chargers went out and got Mack for a reason. Him and Bosa are a nasty tandem. 

On the flip side we still aren't getting enough from our d line. They don't make plays against the run, and they don't manufacture enough pressure with 4. They did improve in the second half. But I think ultimately the ceiling is going to be limited on this defense until the d line gets a legit overhaul. I'm talking about adding an impact free agent and 2 more high picks. 

Overall I see exactly what I expected. This team has improved in the middle of the roster. We sacrificed some star power for youth, depth, and speed. Long term it's still a great plan for us cap wise. I think the Chiefs are a good team. I dont see a great team here.

But a good team with a great QB and HC always has a chance...

BTW Reid completely abandoned the run yesterday during quarter 3. Water is wet. Reid will call pass plays. It's just in his DNA. 

The run thing is gonna cost them again. Maybe another bowl.

the oline is built to run. Let them end games