Big time W!

This team can be frustrating to watch at times but the D has potential.  If we could find a legit rusher opposite Karlaftis then we could be really really good.   That San Diego team is super talented on both sides of the ball.  I think they are a good bit more talented than we are, but we are a better team.  Our O looked a lot like last year.  Mahomes looked rushed and uncomfortable outside of a couple drives.   We cannot find a good rhythm on offense because we refuse to make running the ball a focal point of this O.  Great W and an important one with our schedule.  

Chris Jones is a beast and doing it without a lot of help.  Karlaftis doesn't look like a rookie.  

Both Watsons balled out.  Hope we see Justin Watson more on O.

Jaylen Watson made a huge play this week.   Hoping he is the next draft steal from Veach.

Willie Gay was in position to make about a half dozen great plays.  Hope he slows down a little and wraps up.  

ST looked undisciplined tonight with stupid penalties but our kicker was nails tonight.  

Not a pretty win but for a team still figuring itself out....it was a great W.   Can't wait to see this team when they have ironed out all the kinks.

Huge win! 
few things that pop out to me. 
1. I was worried about our defense being young and missing duffie. But they played there tail off. This is great this early in the season. 
2. chiefs offense against this top tier D and or defenses who can rush 4 is going to be a problem all year unless Reid gets this figured out.  We had 6 punts. There is no one besides kelce that scares anyone. 

55 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Huge win! 
1. I was worried about our defense being young and missing duffie. But they played there tail off. This is great this early in the season. 
2. chiefs offense against this top tier D and or defenses who can rush 4 is going to be a problem all year unless Reid gets this figured out.  We had 6 punts. There is no one besides kelce that scares anyone. 

If we start running the ball more, it will slow down some of that pass rush...

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

If we start running the ball more, it will slow down some of that pass rush...

Or maybe get the play action going so LB bite on it and free up the middle. Teams will continue to do 2 high safeties and let the LB roam the middle if we don't run it and do so with it being effective.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Or maybe get the play action going so LB bite on it and free up the middle. Teams will continue to do 2 high safeties and let the LB roam the middle if we don't run it and do so with it being effective.

Yes sir, I agree 100%! 

Who do you think is calling the plays? Andy or EB??

I just want to see the rookies get better as the season goes along. Every season the Chiefs seem to have this sort of game. It's always how the other team let the game slip away and how much talent they have. 

I really want these guys to work out, so the Chiefs are the team with the talent. Watching Asante Samuel Jr. out there had me a little envious of the Chargers, thinking how nice it could be when McDuffie can play.

Orlando Brown did play pretty good at times. On one play, he owned a DE really bad, threw him to the ground. It looked like it was Mac, but I'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Huge win! 

Justin Watson can fly. People are gonna find out 

You wanna know what won that game?

I'm just thinking, that There Tight End was gassed on that pick.. 

You think, mahomes looks for the gassed guy on that play?

I dont.. I think situational awereness, and knowing his people, wins the day.. 

Its the little things, like not getting your recievers killed, nor your linemen killed.. 

that make a huge difference. they say leadership and awerness doesnt show up on the score board.. 

but This is why Pat is so successfull. 

7 minutes ago, robgar said:

You wanna know what won that game?

I'm just thinking, that There Tight End was gassed on that pick.. 

You think, mahomes looks for the gassed guy on that play?

I dont.. I think situational awereness, and knowing his people, wins the day.. 

Its the little things, like not getting your recievers killed, nor your linemen killed.. 

that make a huge difference. they say leadership and awerness doesnt show up on the score board.. 

but This is why Pat is so successfull. 

I'm getting Rivers vibes from Herbert.  Super talented.  Super scary.  But finds ways to lose close games.  He's still young obviously, but Mahomes was finding ways to win early on.  

14 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

This team can be frustrating to watch at times but the D has potential.  If we could find a legit rusher opposite Karlaftis then we could be really really good.   That San Diego team is super talented on both sides of the ball.  I think they are a good bit more talented than we are, but we are a better team.  Our O looked a lot like last year.  Mahomes looked rushed and uncomfortable outside of a couple drives.   We cannot find a good rhythm on offense because we refuse to make running the ball a focal point of this O.  Great W and an important one with our schedule.  

Chris Jones is a beast and doing it without a lot of help.  Karlaftis doesn't look like a rookie.  

Both Watsons balled out.  Hope we see Justin Watson more on O.

Jaylen Watson made a huge play this week.   Hoping he is the next draft steal from Veach.

Willie Gay was in position to make about a half dozen great plays.  Hope he slows down a little and wraps up.  

ST looked undisciplined tonight with stupid penalties but our kicker was nails tonight.  

Not a pretty win but for a team still figuring itself out....it was a great W.   Can't wait to see this team when they have ironed out all the kinks.

Agree Watson on O needs more snaps and willie needs to finish on those plays to me probably the most lack luster Gay and Bolton have looked .

I wonder if Bolton having to call out the plays is slowing his play diagnosis. He was pretty non existent to me this game.The chargers last year if I remember right  in the first meeting played fast/quick snaps and are Defense never looked ready and this game especially 1st half looked the same. To many times guys looking at each other directing each other as the ball was being snapped which is never good. I expect Bolton to improve in this.

6 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Agree Watson on O needs more snaps and willie needs to finish on those plays to me probably the most lack luster Gay and Bolton have looked .

I wonder if Bolton having to call out the plays is slowing his play diagnosis. He was pretty non existent to me this game.The chargers last year if I remember right  in the first meeting played fast/quick snaps and are Defense never looked ready and this game especially 1st half looked the same. To many times guys looking at each other directing each other as the ball was being snapped which is never good. I expect Bolton to improve in this.

Disagree.  While Gay had those two obvious whiffs, he played a very impactful game.  Watch a replay and see how many times Gay was a principal in stopping a drive.  He had a big game with a couple of overruns.  

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Disagree.  While Gay had those two obvious whiffs, he played a very impactful game.  Watch a replay and see how many times Gay was a principal in stopping a drive.  He had a big game with a couple of overruns.  

Thanks for bringing that up. Number 50 was all over the place.

10 hours ago, azchief21 said:

The whining from the Chargers fans about how they would have won if they didn't drop interceptions is unbearable. Watson caught an interception to win the game. That's how football works. 

Like my Dad always told me, "If the dog hadn't stopped to piss, he'd have caught the rabbit."