Getting pretty tired of Andy....

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Ok your crazy. D is loaded? Yes if they are smoking dope. Yes there is some up and coming young guys but for a 99 yard pick 6 last nights game is very different. This D is average at best. Fenton is ?  Sneed showed some promise year one but has slipped some?  Yes the rookie Dbs could become special but not yet. Pass rush has improved but hardly loaded. 

My bad  Lamar. I misread your post. 

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

My bad  Lamar. I misread your post. 

You weren't wrong about running the ball that much though.  With Pat as your QB?  Why not just trade Pat for a great RB then.  If Andy ever takes the ball out of Pat's hands that much we'll drop to being a mediocre team.  That would be criminally negligent coaching.

I'm as frustrated about not running the ball on goal from the 2 as anyone but I'm not about to think badly of Andy. He's a passing coach and there aren't many other coaches I'd want as much in pairing with Mahomes. Sean Payton out of retirement might be the only one I'd put out there. Maybe McVay.

In having a passing coach and an elite QB, you have to expect he's going to continue to put the ball in that guy's hands to get the score. I'd rather see him run it on 1st and 2nd down behind this interior O-line, but I do get being somewhat unpredictable. We have to accept what Andy is as long as it continues to produce W's.

9 hours ago, kccrow said:

I'm as frustrated about not running the ball on goal from the 2 as anyone but I'm not about to think badly of Andy. He's a passing coach and there aren't many other coaches I'd want as much in pairing with Mahomes. Sean Payton out of retirement might be the only one I'd put out there. Maybe McVay.

In having a passing coach and an elite QB, you have to expect he's going to continue to put the ball in that guy's hands to get the score. I'd rather see him run it on 1st and 2nd down behind this interior O-line, but I do get being somewhat unpredictable. We have to accept what Andy is as long as it continues to produce W's.

With the oline’s strength running it from the down and distance would be my choice.

is it predictable? I think teams know the pass is coming… running it is unpredictable for kc :) 

On 9/18/2022 at 8:24 AM, Calichief said:

With the oline’s strength running it from the down and distance would be my choice.

is it predictable? I think teams know the pass is coming… running it is unpredictable for kc :) 

How about putting Mahomes under center and using Burton as a lead?  I hate deep handoffs on short yardage plays. 

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

This is where we need to find a lineman about 6’ 350 plus that played RB / FB in highschool and run the fuckin ball with this guy leading. Who cares if D knows it’s coming. 
just have to want to do it and put the meat in there to to tilt the probability. 

Plenty of 350 guys on the team. If it was that easy?

23 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I hate that, too.  If he gets up there, Pacheco might be more effective, but the passing game would suffer.

The point is that if it's first and goal from the three, they shouldn't need a passing game.  Maybe once in a while to keep the defense honest, but gotta be able to cram the ball forward for at least a yard.  Remember the '90s, "Marcus, Marcus, Marcus?" 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The point is that if it's first and goal from the three, they shouldn't need a passing game.  Maybe once in a while to keep the defense honest, but gotta be able to cram the ball forward for at least a yard.  Remember the '90s, "Marcus, Marcus, Marcus?" 

True.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:16 AM, Holmes4six! said:

This is where we need to find a lineman about 6’ 350 plus that played RB / FB in highschool and run the fuckin ball with this guy leading. Who cares if D knows it’s coming. 
just have to want to do it and put the meat in there to to tilt the probability. 

D knew about it when Holmes was running as well as LJ. If they could stop them once the second attempt would be the TD. I think we have the tools to punch those short yardage runs in but not the commitment to do so as the passing game seems to be the comfort zone. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

D knew about it when Holmes was running as well as LJ. If they could stop them once the second attempt would be the TD. I think we have the tools to punch those short yardage runs in but not the commitment to do so as the passing game seems to be the comfort zone. 

I agree. I recall those days with priest Holmes. Even ray Lewis knew it was coming the whole week before the game. 

Yea, we're all beating the hell out of a dead horse screaming for Reid to run the damn ball. It's obvious the guy has no desire, whatsoever to run the ball except on first downs. What's maddening is that no matter how many yds we gain on 1st down, he won't run it again till we get another 1st down.

Every damn team in the NFL knows that we won't even pretend to commit to running the ball....with the exception of the 4th qtr. Reid will go to a 50/50 split in the 4th qtr if we're up. Other than that I expect to see a lot of defenses playing us just like cinci and the chargers played us. I just hope PM15 can stay healthy with the beating he might take against some of these better defenses...

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why?  Pacheco can pass protect and also catch the ball.  I'd love to see him receive it in open space.  

You misinterpreted what I wrote.  I am agreeing.  Its the same reason he would be better in open space as a receiver, as well.  I want to see him more in that role, just like CEH. His pass protection skills are better in open space, too. He has the speed and size to stop rushers coming from the outside. Maybe some day, once he learns how to read the little creases forming on a little delay, he can be a short yardage guy and line up closer to the LOS. But that isn't where he shines right now.

On 9/16/2022 at 6:36 AM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Don't get me wrong, I love that he is our coach but to have the interior line that we have, and 2nd and goal from the 1, then throw 2 passes just really pisses me off!  RUN THE DAMN BALL ON THE GOAL LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see where you are coming from. But if memory serves me correctly, Chiefs seem to struggle with the run on short and goal to go situations. Not a strength. Not sure why but go back and look at those situations. 

On 9/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, dhitter said:

I see where you are coming from. But if memory serves me correctly, Chiefs seem to struggle with the run on short and goal to go situations. Not a strength. Not sure why but go back and look at those situations. 

Reid has failed to fix this for several seasons. Hard to understand.

I have wondered why we can't use the run to set up the pass in certain kinds of games.  I know that the failed runs were all hand offs too far behind the line of scrimmage.  Others have mentioned this before, as well. By the time any running back gets to the line of scrimmage from several steps back, the gaps will have closed. There has to be some kind of heavy game where the RB can take the ball from from a QB under center. We can still be a pass first team but at least have that other capability when it is needed.