Getting pretty tired of Andy....

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I have wondered why we can't use the run to set up the pass in certain kinds of games.  I know that the failed runs were all hand offs too far behind the line of scrimmage.  Others have mentioned this before, as well. By the time any running back gets to the line of scrimmage from several steps back, the gaps will have closed. There has to be some kind of heavy game where the RB can take the ball from from a QB under center. We can still be a pass first team but at least have that other capability when it is needed.

Can we still be a pass first team? We don't really have that speed guy anymore. The safeties are back, but not as far and fearful as they used to be..

And since teams know we won't the ball, the LBs never take a step up into the Los, they instantly drop back taking away the middle of the field. Hence..Pat holding the ball too damn long. 

Despite all the criticism, we lost to a good team at their house and in a desperate situation for them, and the Colts were aided by our dropped punts, a dumb penalty at the end and our ace kicker out and replaced by a poor kicker. The defense played well, but the offense has a bunch of guys not yet in sync.  Right now, we just look like another horse in the race and nowhere near super bowl quality, but that could change by mid season. Another 4 games, some gelling and experience from the new guys, and we could return to contender status. Nothing to be panicky about.  I still think we should be looking to 2023 as far as true dominance. Mahomes has to learn some new tricks and forget a few old ones (like throwing deep expecting Smith-Schuster to be able to just run under it like Hill did). Juju is just not as fast as Hll. Mahomes needs to use a different higher arc and use JuJu's height advantage on contested catches.

15 minutes ago, artsy said:

Can we still be a pass first team? We don't really have that speed guy anymore. The safeties are back, but not as far and fearful as they used to be..

And since teams know we won't the ball, the LBs never take a step up into the Los, they instantly drop back taking away the middle of the field. Hence..Pat holding the ball too damn long. 

I think we should hone the running game and use it on first down half the time. We have the personnel to do that.  Andy Reid needs to do that and convince Mahomes that it is right, even if it doesn't fit Patrick's wild man personality. Mahomes will never be a truly great one until he is willing to shape his playing style to match whatever his current personnel is. Right now, I am beginning to have some doubts about him being flexible in that way.  He will have to be, if we expect to be the GOAT. Other teams are exploiting his weaknesses now, without Hill there. And yes, I think Andy is a little mentally not there, probably because of his son's situation.

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think we should hone the running game and use it on first down half the time. We have the personnel to do that.  Andy Reid needs to do that and convince Mahomes that it is right, even if it doesn't fit Patrick's wild man personality. Mahomes will never be a truly great one until he is willing to shape his playing style to match whatever his current personnel is. Right now, I am beginning to have some doubts about him being flexible in that way.  He will have to be, if we expect to be the GOAT. Other teams are exploiting his weaknesses now, without Hill there. And yes, I think Andy is a little mentally not there, probably because of his son's situation.

The offense is extremely predictable in every way 

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The offense is extremely predictable in every way 

Yes..I think Andy has gotten lazy. We script the first drive of every game then after that it's run, pass, pass..Punt. There seems to be no offensisve gameplan going into any game. And Pat has reverted back to his "hold the ball" and look for the big play shit, instead of taking what the defense is giving him. This is an Andy Reid problem and he needs to wake up and get control of his QB and his offense.

Spags looks to have control of his unit. Those guys are all playing 100%.

35 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yes..I think Andy has gotten lazy. We script the first drive of every game then after that it's run, pass, pass..Punt. There seems to be no offensisve gameplan going into any game. And Pat has reverted back to his "hold the ball" and look for the big play shit, instead of taking what the defense is giving him. This is an Andy Reid problem and he needs to wake up and get control of his QB and his offense.

Spags looks to have control of his unit. Those guys are all playing 100%.

Defense looks great. I still think this staff is overall slow to recognize changes are needed in personnel. I mean both sides of the ball. Don’t get me wrong, ultimately they play the most talented but it takes time to get there. Here’s another example 

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Defense looks great. I still think this staff is overall slow to recognize changes are needed in personnel. I mean both sides of the ball. Don’t get me wrong, ultimately they play the most talented but it takes time to get there. Here’s another example 

I think this is a bigger issue than is being made. Nnadi needs to be cut and Shelton brought up. Nnadi is pretty average at what he is suppose to do best, run stuffing. Shelton is very good and close to Ellie at it. Wharton should be a situational guy. Obvious pass plays. And right now Saunders should be starting next to Jones. 

this same issue has me confused from last year. After watching Harris yesterday there is no excuse for playing and staying with Neimann over him