Gay suspended 4 games

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/09/19/kc-chiefs-linebacker-willie-gay-suspended-4-games/

According to Nate Taylor of The Athletic, the suspension comes in response to the misdemeanor charge brought about by an arrest for property damage stemming from an argument with his son’s mother back in January.

Gay was arrested back in January after an altercation in which a vacuum cleaner, a wall, and other items were damaged. Earlier this summer, Gay reached a plea deal on the entire affair which allowed him to enter a diversion program for 12 months. Instead of going through a prolonged process with a jury involved and potential jail time, Gay now has to undergo counseling, pay fines, and take drug tests.

On top of that, however, the NFL has now decided to suspend Gay in the midst of a season that’s already underway. The timing feels funny, but the Chiefs are going to have to roll with it.

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Union should challenge this? 

I'm thinking the same as everyone else; this seems way too punitive for a misdemeanor.  The NFL originally handed down a six-game suspension for Watson's unwanted sexual escapades with several dozen females and Gay gest 4-games for breaking a vacuum cleaner?  I hope they appeal as this shouldn't be any more than 1 or 2 games based on historical precedence.  

This is down right BS. 
I’m not dismissing that Gay didn’t do anything but 4 games? Compared to what others have done and there suspensions. 
Can chiefs appeal? Is it too late now? 
something doesn’t seem right here because all of sudden whamo one of our starters is gone for a 1/4 of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

This is down right BS. 
I’m not dismissing that Gay didn’t do anything but 4 games? Compared to what others have done and there suspensions. 
Can chiefs appeal? Is it too late now? 
something doesn’t seem right here because all of sudden whamo one of our starters is gone for a 1/4 of the year. 

NFL is out of control. Its a misdemeanor. Enough said.