Gay suspended 4 games

30 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Supposedly, Gay plead to both legal and league punishments. It is what it is. Hopefully, whatever was worse behind the scenes remains in history for Gay, for the woman, and for the Chiefs.

It will always be a part of the scene in the NFL.  It is a game that selects for aggressive young males, is hazardous to play requiring some degree of craziness and carelessness, and pays very young guys way too much which gives them a sense of superiority and entitlement. As fans, we love to see it and experience it, but these guys are still kids and human beings.  All humans are flawed.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

The suspension seems like an over reaction, but this is today's woke NFL.  Domestic violence is at the top of the list of player no-noes.  If Gay even threatened to touch the ex, he's going to get hammered by the league office.  Players should know that and rein in their anger before knocking on the ex's door.  I don't agree with the length of the suspension, but it shouldn't be a surprise.  

There's that word again "woke," again treated like an epithet. Being awake is a good thing.  It means your brain is working.  It means being aware.  I sure hope as a pilot, you were "woke." Apparently you were, which is why you are still here. I'm glad about that.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

There's that word again "woke," again treated like an epithet. Being awake is a good thing.  It means your brain is working.  It means being aware.  I sure hope as a pilot, you were "woke." Apparently you were, which is why you are still here. I'm glad about that.I may have used the term loosely

I may have used the term loosely.  Should have said< "In today's awareness climate", but that was too much keyboarding. 

There's that word again "woke," again treated like an epithet. Being awake is a good thing.  It means your brain is working.  It means being aware.  I sure hope as a pilot, you were "woke." Apparently you were, which is why you are still here. I'm glad about that.I may have used the term loosely

Only needed to be awake for the takeoff and landing and not even then if one trusted the co-pilot.  🙂

I'm changing my opinion based on new information that I read about tonight. Gay is a bad kid who is not going to grow out of this..  He violently jeopardized the life of his prematurely born son who was on a ventilator.  Pushed his girlfriend, the mother, almost knocking the infant on the ventilator to the floor out of his mothers' grasp, broke into her apartment twice before the cops could arrive, who she called because she was terrified, threw the infamous vacuum cleaner through the door, and threatened her in a very serious way, rather than having married her and become a decent father to the baby. 

If true, and I think that it may be, Gay is a bad guy.  As bad as Kareem Hunt was to that woman in the elevator, and possibly more dangerous.  I think that, knowing the Chiefs organization, they may soon bite the bullet and sever relationships with him, like they did with Hunt.  From a 50 year Chiefs fan's perspective, I would applaud and support that, and I trust they will, if even a part of this is true.  From a fan's standpoint for this season, I just hope they have a decent replacement ready to step in. At this point, I regret making light of it with a flurry of bad puns about vacuum cleaners.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm changing my opinion based on new information that I read about tonight. Gay is a bad kid who is not going to grow out of this..  He violently jeopardized the life of his prematurely born son who was on a ventilator.  Pushed his girlfriend, the mother, almost knocking the infant on the ventilator to the floor out of his mothers' grasp, broke into her apartment twice before the cops could arrive, who she called because she was terrified, threw the infamous vacuum cleaner through the door, and threatened her in a very serious way, rather than having married her and become a decent father to the baby. 

If true, and I think that it may be, Gay is a bad guy.  As bad as Kareem Hunt was to that woman in the elevator, and possibly more dangerous.  I think that, knowing the Chiefs organization, they may soon bite the bullet and sever relationships with him, like they did with Hunt.  From a 50 year Chiefs fan's perspective, I would applaud and support that, and I trust they will, if even a part of this is true.  From a fan's standpoint for this season, I just hope they have a decent replacement ready to step in. At this point, I regret making light of it with a flurry of bad puns about vacuum cleaners.

Gay isnt going anywhere.  This happened back in January so they knew about this all off season and didn't do anything to sever ties.   Chances are they knew he would be suspended it was just a matter of when and how many games.  

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He won't be going anywhere just yet, but if he does not change his ways he will not see a second contract with the Chiefs

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

another over reaction much like yours in regards to Reek and The O-lineman with the bloodclot issue (Smith?) but if you can supply a link to this  that'd be helpful.

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

A link to that info would be extremely helpful. What we already know is nothing compared to these but would love to see if they are true or just some internet comments. 

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

another over reaction much like yours in regards to Reek and The O-lineman with the bloodclot issue (Smith?) but if you can supply a link to this  that'd be helpful.

I can't get a link. My wife read it to me when she was reading news online. I was sitting across from her. I questioned it and said the incident was old but she swore it was something new. It could have been a bad source, because I couldn't find it. There was detail in the report that was pretty bad. The ex girlfriend begged him to go away, be ause it had taken hours to get him to go to sleep. Gay had literally broken in twice and the baby was on oxygen the and used a home ventilator. He pushed her, and the baby almost fell to the floor. I don't know OT. It could have been exaggerated by the girlfriend, but he broke in twice and threatened her. He damaged more than the vacuum that was thrown.

I remember the episode with Hunt was played down until they recovered the surveillance camera in the elevator. Once that happened quite some time later, the Chiefs cut Hunt immediately. The description my wife read to me sounds like an accelerating pattern of domestic abuse, though there was no beating that took place. I hope this is wrong.

I can't get a link. My wife read it to me when she was reading news online. I was sitting across from her. I questioned it and said the incident was old but she swore it was something new. It could have been a bad source, because I couldn't find it. There was detail in the report that was pretty bad. The ex girlfriend begged him to go away, be ause it had taken hours to get him to go to sleep. Gay had literally broken in twice and the baby was on oxygen the and used a home ventilator. He pushed her, and the baby almost fell to the floor. I don't know OT. It could have been exaggerated by the girlfriend, but he broke in twice and threatened her. He damaged more than the vacuum that was thrown.

I remember the episode with Hunt was played down until they recovered the surveillance camera in the elevator. Once that happened quite some time later, the Chiefs cut Hunt immediately. The description my wife read to me sounds like an accelerating pattern of domestic abuse, though there was no beating that took place. I hope this is wrong.

He was not on a home ventilator.  She alleged that a 2nd incident occured in the hospital and that he pushed her when she was sitting holding the baby.  I have seen nothing that indicates he broke in twice, only that he came over uninvited at 9 PM.  I'm not saying he's a good guy, he probably isn't, but I think it's also possible that it's not all true.  Seems odd to push someone that is sitting in a hospital.  

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/womans-allegations-against-chiefs-willie-gay-detailed-in-court-documents/

I think he got 4 games because he has a history of this shit. He got in trouble in college for the same kind of thing....Assaulting some female and actually hitting her. I would have to believe that the league was sending both him and the chiefs a strong message especially since he has a histroy of this crap. 

I hope he get's the help he needs so that he can control his emotions and be a part of this team. 

Maybe its just me and maybe its the way I was raised. But I believe you do not hit a women. And anyone that does is a huge pos. And any man that stands by and lets a women get fucked up is not a man. Like Bill Burr said. I am not saying there is no reason to hit a women there is literally thousands of reasons,  you just don't fucking do it. 

On 9/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, Thegoatee said:

I wonder if he threatened the woman and child at all as part of his tantrum? Seems odd, but the NFL is punitively stupid.

Someone in that house was scared enough to call the police.  People act like the damaging a vacuum was the only thing damaged in this event.  I can only image the trauma of the woman and child.  These types of things usually aren't isolated incidents.  Glad Gay acknowledged his behavior was wrong and got help.  That takes a lot.  With that said the timing it odd and the penalty doesn't line up with other incidents.   Ray Rice who actually hit a woman got the same penalty or less iirc.  As a Chiefs fan it sucks but reality is 4 games isn't much for terrorizing someone in their home.  I just hope the NFL does this to everyone who has a domestic dispute......I won't hold my breath though.   

A little positive is Leo and Cook probably get more reps which helps their development.  

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

He was not on a home ventilator.  She alleged that a 2nd incident occured in the hospital and that he pushed her when she was sitting holding the baby.  I have seen nothing that indicates he broke in twice, only that he came over uninvited at 9 PM.  I'm not saying he's a good guy, he probably isn't, but I think it's also possible that it's not all true.  Seems odd to push someone that is sitting in a hospital.  

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/womans-allegations-against-chiefs-willie-gay-detailed-in-court-documents/

I remember that article and it's probably the same one Bil's wife read.  My problem with it and similar charges are the terms "alleges", "threatened", etc.  Read a lawyer's charges in a divorce action and see how much an angry wife can come up with.  I assume an angry ex can do the same.  Not defending Gay, but sometimes the perception is swayed by the emotions.  Gay needs help as did Hill.  People can change whether by maturity, threat of career loss, or counselling from a friend or professional.  Hope the suspension is a wake up call and Gay stays clean in the future. 

3 hours ago, artsy said:

I think he got 4 games because he has a history of this shit. He got in trouble in college for the same kind of thing....Assaulting some female and actually hitting her. I would have to believe that the league was sending both him and the chiefs a strong message especially since he has a histroy of this crap. 

I hope he get's the help he needs so that he can control his emotions and be a part of this team. 

If the female was a Qb for Mississippi State named Garrett Shrader and yes he had some other issues but  those where academic cheating. 

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2020/04/23/willie-gay-mississippi-state-linebacker-2020-nfl-draft-college-football-ncaa-5-things-to-know/3011615001/

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If the female was a Qb for Mississippi State named Garrett Shrader and yes he had some other issues but  those where academic cheating. 

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2020/04/23/willie-gay-mississippi-state-linebacker-2020-nfl-draft-college-football-ncaa-5-things-to-know/3011615001/

I believe that too. I heard from a pretty "uncredible" source that he had some issues in college with violence/assaulting someone so yea..

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Someone in that house was scared enough to call the police.  People act like the damaging a vacuum was the only thing damaged in this event.  I can only image the trauma of the woman and child.  These types of things usually aren't isolated incidents.  Glad Gay acknowledged his behavior was wrong and got help.  That takes a lot.  With that said the timing it odd and the penalty doesn't line up with other incidents.   Ray Rice who actually hit a woman got the same penalty or less iirc.  As a Chiefs fan it sucks but reality is 4 games isn't much for terrorizing someone in their home.  I just hope the NFL does this to everyone who has a domestic dispute......I won't hold my breath though.   

A little positive is Leo and Cook probably get more reps which helps their development.  

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

I believe that too. I heard from a pretty "uncredible" source that he had some issues in college with violence/assaulting someone so yea..

A guy like that is a continuous liability.  When you build a team, the risk that a key guy could get suspended at any time makes it awfully difficult to plan.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Hunt got cut because he lied to Clark  n Andynot because he drop kicked the bitch

The lying may have been the main thing with Hunt , But to me, kicking the crap out of a woman is reason enough.  Remember, he has missed quite a few games for what they called "mental issues."  That makes me think he has a real, long term problem.  We read every day about people who behave like this multiple times, are not held to account, and then end up killing a spouse or girlfriend.  Not saying this will happen, but it is a well-known sequence with hot-headed abusers. And women are rightly terrified. Sure, women have learned to exert more control by finding and pushing the right buttons. The man's responsibility is to simply not react. It takes a long time to teach oneself that, and relationship skills are harder to learn than learning to play football, if your upbringing was not ideal.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The blood clotting issue is not an overreaction.  A clotting tendency may not show itself a second time quickly.  It can take a few or several years before it re-occurs.  Remember, it was spontaneous.  This shows up in young adult males, especially.  The severity is dependent on the number of gene deletions for the one of the natural inhibitors of clotting. Trey Smith will never be safe from this risk. I said that at the time, because it is true.  I stick with it now, because it is true. There are a huge number of things I don't know much about, but clotting and bleeding disorders are not one of them. I keep my fingers crossed with him.

35 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

A guy like that is a continuous liability.  When you build a team, the risk that a key guy could get suspended at any time makes it awfully difficult to plan.

same was said about Reek. When you get a first round talent for later round pick in this case #63 you take that risk. To my knowledge there has never been a NFL  Championship winner nor College Championship  winner made up of virgin choirboys. No that there'd be anything wrong with that.

It's a risk the Chiefs thought worth taking. Gay has admitted to having "mental health Issues"  and is getting help that was a big step in the right direction. His teammates seem to think a lot of him. The timing is what gets my goat all this happened 9 months ago and Tagliabue  finally makes the call.  That's fucked up!

From what I heard at Andy's presser today the Chiefs had pre notice that something was coming down so they where not blind sided by all this so that's a positive. Losing Gay at this juncture is not a season killer and with or without him I had pretty much  marked down TB & Buff as a loss. He'll come back after the bye. For the Chiefs I think there are bigger worries  than whether Gay plays or not.

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

same was said about Reek. When you get a first round talent for later round pick in this case #63 you take that risk. To my knowledge there has never been a NFL  Championship winner nor College Championship  winner made up of virgin choirboys. No that there'd be anything wrong with that.

It's a risk the Chiefs thought worth taking. Gay has admitted to having "mental health Issues"  and is getting help that was a big step in the right direction. His teammates seem to think a lot of him. The timing is what gets my goat all this happened 9 months ago and Tagliabue  finally makes the call.  That's fucked up!

From what I heard at Andy's presser today the Chiefs had pre notice that something was coming down so they where not blind sided by all this so that's a positive. Losing Gay at this juncture is not a season killer and with or without him I had pretty much  marked down TB & Buff as a loss. He'll come back after the bye. For the Chiefs I think there are bigger worries  than whether Gay plays or not.

Agree.. Like the WR room. They just did not impress me at all against Chargers. And its not because I think they should of kept Hill I am in the room of they needed to get rid of him.. But our WR need to watch that game and realize they looked horrible.