Gay suspended 4 games

7 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I just a report that Gay will not appeal. 
Alright so now we have to play 4 games without him. Who’s sliding into that position. 
lee? 

I am hoping a combination of Chenal and Harris. Since they gave Lee a lot of starting snaps in preseason so they probably prefer him.

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/womans-allegations-against-chiefs-willie-gay-detailed-in-court-documents/

Here is the rest of the story and if that is truly what happened then it makes more sense now. 

From her point of view and a big IF.. have not we learned from Reeks deal and many others that there are 2 sides of the story? 

Gay is probably not appealing hoping it just all goes away and I cant say I blame him..problem is it wont. The same barn burners that wanted Reek's head will call for Gay's lets just hope 1 Arrowhead Drive takes a pill and does not over react.

I had a buddy that played Football for Notre Dame and the players pretty much looked out for each other naming  the known gold diggers ( my words not theirs). It's probably harder to do in bigger schools in bigger towns but dang it!

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

From her point of view and a big IF.. have not we learned from Reeks deal and many others that there are 2 sides of the story? 

Gay is probably not appealing hoping it just all goes away and I cant say I blame him..problem is it wont. The same barn burners that wanted Reek's head will call for Gay's lets just hope 1 Arrowhead Drive takes a pill and does not over react.

I had a buddy that played Football for Notre Dame and the players pretty much looked out for each other naming  the known gold diggers ( my words not theirs). It's probably harder to do in bigger schools in bigger towns but dang it!

Oh i agree its a big if.  I wonder what the police heard before the call got ended.  Youre probably right that he just hoping that it just blows over.  Whole thing is kinda odd timing 

The suspension seems like an over reaction, but this is today's woke NFL.  Domestic violence is at the top of the list of player no-noes.  If Gay even threatened to touch the ex, he's going to get hammered by the league office.  Players should know that and rein in their anger before knocking on the ex's door.  I don't agree with the length of the suspension, but it shouldn't be a surprise.