Jaylen Watson

• The title was changed to Jaylen Watson

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

One game, one impact play.  He did play okay for the rest of the game, but is still a work in progress.  If Williams gets up to speed, this could be a very good year for the Chiefs' CB room.  

couldn't get that out of the Molasses Gerbil last year and I dare say Machine Gun Clark. I'll take it, he clinched the game it just wasn't an "impact" play

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

couldn't get that out of the Molasses Gerbil last year and I dare say Machine Gun Clark. I'll take it, he clinched the game it just wasn't an "impact" play

Just semantics.  Aside from the interception, Watson played okay but didn't stand out.  That was my point.  Did he play better than Hughes or Ward did last year?  Can't judge that but he wasn't repeatedly burned so I assume he did well.  Obviously, the pick six was the only play that got fans excited.  That doesn't make him the next Albert Lewis.  "Yet" 

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

One game, one impact play.  He did play okay for the rest of the game, but is still a work in progress.  If Williams gets up to speed, this could be a very good year for the Chiefs' CB room.  

I looked at his stats in profootball reference and it looked like he did a little better than one play. 10 targets, 4 completions for 35 yards and an interception sounds like a pretty solid day, especially considering he's a 7th rd rookie and made the game changing play.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Just semantics.  Aside from the interception, Watson played okay but didn't stand out.  That was my point.  Did he play better than Hughes or Ward did last year?  Can't judge that but he wasn't repeatedly burned so I assume he did well.  Obviously, the pick six was the only play that got fans excited.  That doesn't make him the next Albert Lewis.  "Yet" 

I'm not saying he's the next Albert Lewis, I'm just saying he's a 7th round rookie that had a very good game, not just a very good play. Wasn't he on Mike Williams for at least part of the game?

It looks to me like this kid could be a pretty good player 

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Veech continues to find those DBs for sure. And he then let's them go if they get over paid, then refills again. 

Chances improve when you dont trade away your picks. I think KC has 13 picks next draft? I never thought those late picks were important. I have been enlightened.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chances improve when you dont trade away your picks. I think KC has 13 picks next draft? I never thought those late picks were important. I have been enlightened.

I always stoped watching the draft after round 3. With that said I have to been enlightened. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Here’s a look at the team’s updated draft pick projection for the 2023 NFL draft:

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 3 (Ryan Poles compensatory pick)
  • Round 4
  • Round 4 (Tyreek Hill trade)
  • Round 5
  • Round 6
  • Round 6 (Tyreek Hill trade)*
  • Round 7
  • Round 7 (Jarran Reed compensatory pick)
  • Round ? (Melvin Ingram compensatory pick)**

*The Dolphins own two sixth-round picks in 2023, their own pick and the Bears’ pick sent to them in the Jakeem Grant trade.

**We don’t yet know what round Ingram’s compensatory pick will qualify for. The contract value and length will determine whether it’s valued anywhere from Round 3 to Round 7. We can assume it is more than the UFA tender amount with Kansas City, which was roughly $4.4 million or 110% of his 2022 earnings. ESPN is reported a one-year deal worth $5 million, which would amount to a sixth-round compensatory pick.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/16/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-draft-pick-projections-melvin-ingram-compensatory/

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Here’s a look at the team’s updated draft pick projection for the 2023 NFL draft:

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6
  • Round 7

*The Dolphins own two sixth-round picks in 2023, their own pick and the Bears’ pick sent to them in the Jakeem Grant trade.

**We don’t yet know what round Ingram’s compensatory pick will qualify for. The contract value and length will determine whether it’s valued anywhere from Round 3 to Round 7. We can assume it is more than the UFA tender amount with Kansas City, which was roughly $4.4 million or 110% of his 2022 earnings. ESPN is reported a one-year deal worth $5 million, which would amount to a sixth-round compensatory pick.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/16/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-draft-pick-projections-melvin-ingram-compensatory/

Thanks Great Info 

23 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6
  • Round 7

This team is getting set up for years.

3 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

I'm not saying he's the next Albert Lewis, I'm just saying he's a 7th round rookie that had a very good game, not just a very good play. Wasn't he on Mike Williams for at least part of the game?

It looks to me like this kid could be a pretty good player 

Don't disagree.  Mike Williams lit the KC defense up no matter who was covering although Fenton seemed the most taken advantage of.  A seventh rounder becoming a starter is always a good story but whatever round Watson was drafted in, he still has to perform better than Fenton if he wants to get snaps after McDuffie gets back. .I've never been a Fenton fan, but Spags seems to like him.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Don't disagree.  Mike Williams lit the KC defense up no matter who was covering although Fenton seemed the most taken advantage of.  A seventh rounder becoming a starter is always a good story but whatever round Watson was drafted in, he still has to perform better than Fenton if he wants to get snaps after McDuffie gets back. .I've never been a Fenton fan, but Spags seems to like him.  

Once teams get film on the rookies things usually change and not for the better. Hope he is a steal and wont bet on it yet.

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Most interesting thing to me about Watson is they are playing him over Josh Williams who they drafted earlier.

Williams did look a little overwhelmed  in the pre season, but he does appear to be a heck of an athlete , im hoping both will be contributors over the next few years

Watson should have been taken in the 4th.  Still today I have no idea why he lasted that long.  Solid college film.  Very similar measurable to Williams.  Kinda baffling.

i dont understand, why soe guys fall, and some jsut slip through the cracks. 

but i think we got a pretty good football player.. 

now that pick 6 was much more on herbert.. than anything else but watson made a great play.. 

and yeah.. you  guys are gonna say its on the reciever, but nah... 

its on the quarterback for not knowing the dude was gassed..