Chiefs Colts

It's Thursday and some of you are missing your opportunity to talk about how good the Colts are.  

Butker and Danna DNP.  Hardman limited.  I guess our Gay linebacker is out starting immediately?

Colts have played unexpectedly poorly.  Matt Ryan is 37 but looked much older than that last week.  Not sure if that is scary or comforting.  I'm going with comforting.  

Chiefs 41  Colts 17.  

The Colts should be a better team than they've shown so far.  Maybe Ryan is washed up or hasn't jelled with the team yet, but I'd expect a better performance from the whole team playing a home opener against a top team.  Chiefs should win but they had better get the early lead and not give the Colts hope.  Their D line is good and several players are coming back from injury.  

30=24

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Colts should be a better team than they've shown so far.  Maybe Ryan is washed up or hasn't jelled with the team yet, but I'd expect a better performance from the whole team playing a home opener against a top team.  Chiefs should win but they had better get the early lead and not give the Colts hope.  Their D line is good and several players are coming back from injury.  

30=24

30 equals 24?

Hmmm (reproduces on calculator)

Nevermind, that checks out.

36 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Should have won both Cincy games last year.

I understand.  But that was a team that reached the AFCCG without our help and lost the Super Bowl by 3 points.  That's not the kind of game I'm talking about.  We rarely lose to "bad" teams.  

The Patriots on the other hand seem to always lose a stupid game to the Dolphins.  The last time they won the Super Bowl, they lost in the regular season to the Jags, Lions and Dolphins.  We just don't have those games.  

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Should have won both Cincy games last year.

Yeah, it seems like our chance to win a SB again closed last year. Not saying they can't do it, but the way the Bills are playing it seems like it. Having said that, still a lot of season to go and no one know what will happen. One thing is for sure, were on a collision course with the Bills. Week six looks to be an epic showdown. 

Just watched the Colts replay. Maybe the Jags are actually good? I think Colts will be playing in desperation mode. Should be a close game. Lawrence got the ball out really quick and had success. Chiefs dont really play offense that way but maybe they will. Chiefs 24- 21. 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Our defense has been an issue?? Umm 

Defense has looked good so far. Taylor will be a challenge. Colts seem like Tenn. Stop the run game & they struggle. 

I hope to see the Free Agent receivers start getting open and some deep pass completions. Defenses are going to start creeping up if those guys dont make it happen. 

I am kind of torn on this one because it is only week 3. With that said. I feel like if the Chiefs struggle with the Colts we are in for a rough year. If they win but the score is something like 24-17 The Chiefs are gonna have a rough year. If they come out and freaking smoke the Colts they might be coming together a little bit. The passing attack of the  Chiefs really worries me. MVS and JUJU had horrible games against the Chargers like really bad games. It left me feeling a little like we signed the wrong free agents. But again only week 3 but I definately need to see some improvements in the passing game from these 2 WR's.

21 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I am kind of torn on this one because it is only week 3. With that said. I feel like if the Chiefs struggle with the Colts we are in for a rough year. If they win but the score is something like 24-17 The Chiefs are gonna have a rough year. If they come out and freaking smoke the Colts they might be coming together a little bit. The passing attack of the  Chiefs really worries me. MVS and JUJU had horrible games against the Chargers like really bad games. It left me feeling a little like we signed the wrong free agents. But again only week 3 but I definately need to see some improvements in the passing game from these 2 WR's.

feel the same way

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

feel the same way

I see what you and Arthur are saying but i wouldn't say we are in for a rough year.   Last year week 5 Buffalo walked into Arrowhead and kicked the shit of us to put us at 2-3.  KC still made the AFCCG.   Crap week 8 KC struggled to beat a 4-13 Giants team and they only won by 3.  

Chargers D is probably a top 3 D with Playmakers at every level.  Really shouldn't be a surprise that the offense in week 2 struggled and looked bad at times against that unit and with our still trying to figure itself out. 

I think KC wins in one of those kind of games that the score will look close but it was never really in doubt.