Chiefs Colts

4 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I see what you and Arthur are saying but i wouldn't say we are in for a rough year.   Last year week 5 Buffalo walked into Arrowhead and kicked the shit of us to put us at 2-3.  KC still made the AFCCG.   Crap week 8 KC struggled to beat a 4-13 Giants team and they only won by 3.  

Chargers D is probably a top 3 D with Playmakers at every level.  Really shouldn't be a surprise that the offense in week 2 struggled and looked bad at times against that unit and with our still trying to figure itself out. 

I think KC wins in one of those kind of games that the score will look close but it was never really in doubt.   

And looked where we ended up.  I feel like if we struggle a game here and a game there we are not super bowl material. For instance. I week 3 we dominate week 4 struggle week 5 play ok then week 6 we dominate etc etc. I guess consistency is what I am looking for. I know teams defense will make us look different but my point is if we play the colts 4 times and blow then out once and get beaten once and win but barely twice we are a above average team but not top tier. I hope I am explaining good enough so you kind of see what I am saying. Damn I think I just confused my damn self. 

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

feel the same way

Im more worried we drafted the wrong wr. Moore showed zero separation on tape during college at a small school and has yet to flash anything so far.

he does have excellent hands and ran a good 40 so a person would assume reid can scheme him open and he will develop like tyreek did.

as far as actual game analysis i have been convinced for years the colts roster is dog shtt and this year its worse than ever. If we don’t steamroll them I will be worries

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Im more worried we drafted the wrong wr. Moore showed zero separation on tape during college at a small school and has yet to flash anything so far.

he does have excellent hands and ran a good 40 so a person would assume reid can scheme him open and he will develop like tyreek did.

as far as actual game analysis i have been convinced for years the colts roster is dog shtt and this year its worse than ever. If we don’t steamroll them I will be worries

Reek was a once in a generation type asset so I wont put that on Moore and first year WRs always have problems in Andy's scheme..lets talk year 3

22 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The Rams last year lost 3 straight in the middle of the year.  The Bengals lost 5 out of 9 including a loss to the Jets.  

The 2020 Bucs were 7-5 to start the year.  It's the NFL.  Our Super Bowl winning year, we lost 3 out of 4.  And we lost 4 out of 6 in the middle of that year.  It's hard to make anything out of anything.this time of year.  

I know the SB year after back to back home loses, with a hobbled Mahomes no one was very positive. It wasn’t until the Ravens got beat, and the Chiefs comeback against the Texans that I actually thought they had a chance to go all the way. You just never know.

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Reek was a once in a generation type asset so I wont put that on Moore and first year WRs always have problems in Andy's scheme..lets talk year 3

Exactly, I didn’t mean to say he will need to turn into tyreek, no one in nfl history has done that.

i do kinda disagree with the wait til year 3 thing. Chiefs have a habit of drafting guys who wont be ready til year 3, and then its time to pay them, so we essentially miss their cheap contract years.

In todays nfl kinda need guys drafted in the top 2 or 3 rounds to make impacts before year 3.

7 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Exactly, I didn’t mean to say he will need to turn into tyreek, no one in nfl history has done that.

i do kinda disagree with the wait til year 3 thing. Chiefs have a habit of drafting guys who wont be ready til year 3, and then its time to pay them, so we essentially miss their cheap contract years.

In todays nfl kinda need guys drafted in the top 2 or 3 rounds to make impacts before year 3.

agreed

44 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Who are you reading or watching to think Skyy had no separation in college?  Early separation and his release package was one of his best traits and he was one of the better WRs at that coming out this year.

Also, i just looked up the draft, i liked george pickens and alec pierce, and i had it in my head they were picked right after we chose skyy moore. Actually  they were selected with the 2 picks right in front of the chiefs.

so essentially the chiefs were left with the last wr available that was considered decent, they would have had to use a pick on a wr in the first round to do much better.

karloftis looks to be a solid pick, and mcduffy seems good so far, although a person can argue if wr or cb is more important in todays nfl and how they should have used that pick

lets hope skyy develops nicely 

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Who are you reading or watching to think Skyy had no separation in college?  Early separation and his release package was one of his best traits and he was one of the better WRs at that coming out this year.

Im basing this off looking at the youtube highlights compilations and the majority of his highlights were impressive contested catches.

i admit they were impressive, but i expect 4.4 speed to be tyreek hill wide open and low division college ball, not making tough catches with a cb who has no chance to play pro ball right there

15 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Im basing this off looking at the youtube highlights compilations and the majority of his highlights were impressive contested catches.

i admit they were impressive, but i expect 4.4 speed to be tyreek hill wide open and low division college ball, not making tough catches with a cb who has no chance to play pro ball right there

4.4 speed is not tyreek speed so that's more about your unrealistic expectations than anything on a player.  His release package in college was very good.  

17 minutes ago, xen said:

4.4 speed is not tyreek speed so that's more about your unrealistic expectations than anything on a player.  His release package in college was very good.  

yea I mean I played HS Football with 4.4 guys. I think that's just JAG speed anymore especially WR's.

Cheetah is more like Go Dark Helmet GIF

I will say a WR's release package usually has more to do with agility, COD and ability to hand fight than raw speed.  Sure you can get separation at the top of routes just with speed but those other things are what separates, say, a Reek from a burner like Mecole.   Skyy appears to have the first 2 from college.  No idea how well he'll learn the hand fighting necessary to consistently get off press at this level.  Seems to have the strength for it at least.  Please keep in mind Skyy is relatively new to the WR position so he's still learning.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The Rams last year lost 3 straight in the middle of the year.  The Bengals lost 5 out of 9 including a loss to the Jets.  

The 2020 Bucs were 7-5 to start the year.  It's the NFL.  Our Super Bowl winning year, we lost 3 out of 4.  And we lost 4 out of 6 in the middle of that year.  It's hard to make anything out of anything.this time of year.  

That was kind of my point.. I think.  Its more of how they lose not that they lost. I in all my ignorance know what I am trying to say but can't put in to writing. I think I will just have a seat and shut the fuck up. Don;t mind me im just gonna lick some windows and eat some crayons.

1 hour ago, xen said:

ok let me phrase this another way. forget anything about speed, or tyreek hill.

i expect any WR that plays teams like Kent State, Miami of Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Ball State. etc. to be wide open a good chunk of the time if they have a chance to be a good nfl wide receiver. the caliber of competition they face at corner back just isn't there. thats why i get worried when i dont see them running "wide open" on film.

that being said the kid is obviously talented, can catch the ball, is fast enough, is working with the best QB of all time, is working with the best offensive minded head coach of all time. with that set of factors there is no reason he shouldn't succeed. if by year 3 he isn't a solid nfl wide receiver, we will know for 100% he just doesn't have it, much like we know with mecole hardman, its the same situation athletically and he is no more reliable now than he was 4 years ago. 

Back to the Colts.

They had a terrific Defensive Coordinator, Eberflus, who left for Chicago.

The new coordinator is Gus Bradley.

Pat Mahomes/Andy vs Gus Bradley:

Screenshot_20220923_175613.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_175551.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_175518.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_175500.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_180527.jpg

Brief interlude with Chad Henne while starters rested...

Bradley fired goes to Raiders

Screenshot_20220923_180629.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_180612.jpg

Pat has averaged over 33 points per game vs Bradley's defenses.

Gus Bradley loves to blitz.  👀

I just watched the highlights of Jags/Colts game. Taylor looked real good the few times they tried to run him, but they just kept dropping back and passing. Ryan hit a few good passes, but it was a disaster for the most part. He dropped backed, waited too long and just kept getting pressered and sacked. Other times, he seemed to panic, and just threw the ball up for grabs.