Chiefs Colts

Just now, ClarksvilleChief said:

So serious question. Who actually calls the offensive plays? Is it really EB, then that would explain the altercation going into halftime? If it is Andy calling the plays, then why the altercation towards EB if it was Andy's choice to run the ball?

That is the question. Reid can over ride any decision and may have told EB run the clock out. EB has interviewed for 20 jobs and got none. Thats says a lot.

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Thats your opinion. He is no better than many nfl coaches and its not just one loss. Great coach yes. Genius not so much. Mahomes gives him an edge. Without Mahomes he is that losing playoff coach once again. Cant score often inside the 5. He outsmarts himself.

He's 5th all time in wins.  He's been to 3 super bowls and I'm not even sure how many conference championships.  He has won 100 games with 2 teams.  In spite of not doing what you might, his teams have been top 10 in scoring SIXTEEN years.  That is unbelievable.  He continues to change the way offense is played in the NFL.  There's no question that Andy reid is a genius at coaching football.  It's not an opinion at this point. 

12 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

So serious question. Who actually calls the offensive plays? Is it really EB, then that would explain the altercation going into halftime? If it is Andy calling the plays, then why the altercation towards EB if it was Andy's choice to run the ball?

I don't think EB calls plays, just relays them for Reid IMO. I think EB is a hard-nosed coach who talks shit to the players, and some of them are tired of it, including Mahomes. 

24 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Thats your opinion. He is no better than many nfl coaches and its not just one loss. Great coach yes. Genius not so much. Mahomes gives him an edge. Without Mahomes he is that losing playoff coach once again. Cant score often inside the 5. He outsmarts himself.

Hes recognized as one of the most innovative offensive minds the nfl has ever seen. When it comes to play design there's probably not 3 coaches in history who are more respected. He may not be an expert in string theory, but he's definitely a genius offensive football mind. 

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hes recognized as one of the most innovative offensive minds the nfl has ever seen. When it comes to play design there's probably not 3 coaches in history who are more respected. He may not be an expert in string theory, but he's definitely a genius offensive football mind. 

I think that is in his past. Great coach yes but not offense genius anymore. Everybody gets old. That is a fact. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I think that is in his past. Great coach yes but not offense genius anymore. Everybody gets old. That is a fact. 

In the past 5 years his offenses have finished no worse than 6th in either total offense or scoring.  And he's won the division every year and been to 4 straight afccg. That's in the past I guess but fairly recent past. What have all the other coaches that you think are as good done in that time?   

Just now, reesebobby said:

In the past 5 years his offenses have finished no worse than 6th in either total offense or scoring.  And he's won the division every year and been to 4 straight afccg. That's in the past I guess but fairly recent past. What have all the other coaches that you think are as good done in that time?   

He has Mahomes. He had Hill. He has Kelce.  6th does not make you a genius. Are the other 5 coaches ahead of kc also genius? Great coach and leader yes. Genius not so much. 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He has Mahomes. He had Hill. He has Kelce.  6th does not make you a genius. Are the other 5 coaches ahead of kc also genius? Great coach and leader yes. Genius not so much. 

I said 6th is the worst.  He has 3 number 1s in those 5 years.  And a number 2 and a number 3.  

You said there's many nfl offensive  coaches as good.  Give me 2. 

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I said 6th is the worst.  He has 3 number 1s in those 5 years.  And a number 2 and a number 3.  

You said there's many nfl offensive  coaches as good.  Give me 2. 

So there are several genius coordinators? All the coordinators that finish ahead of KC if we use that measure. Thats not my measure. Stats are not a real indicator. My standard for genius is different than yours. KC cant score 1st and goal inside the 5 often. KC cant run the ball with a supposedly a top oline.  KC cant adjust to 2 high safety. He is getting in the way more than innovating. But you can keep your opinion as you see it. You wont change mine. Great coach and leader. O-genius....not anymore.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

So there are several genius coordinators? My standard for genius is different than yours. KC cant score 1st and goal inside the 5 often. KC cant run the ball with a supposedly a top oline. Reids time has passed. KC cant adjust to 2 high safety. He is getting in the way more than innovating. But you can keep your opinion as you see it. You wont change mine. Great coach and leader. O-genius....not anymore.

You said there are many offensive coaches as good.  Name 2 for consideration. 

We need some new blood at a lot of coaching positions. If EB isn’t calling plays, he has little value and his positional expertise doesn’t translate to successful RBs. If EB is calling the plays, Andy should take it away. EB is dead weight and reached his level of incompetence.

32 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

We need some new blood at a lot of coaching positions. If EB isn’t calling plays, he has little value and his positional expertise doesn’t translate to successful RBs. If EB is calling the plays, Andy should take it away. EB is dead weight and reached his level of incompetence.

Agree. There is a reason nobody has hired EB. Would love to see Mahomes calling his own plays and compare results. Need to stop the RPO crap. You actually have to be decent at running the ball for RPO to work. Teams know KC wont do it. Thats STUPID. 

12 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. There is a reason nobody has hired EB. Would love to see Mahomes calling his own plays and compare results. Need to stop the RPO crap. You actually have to be decent at running the ball for RPO to work. Teams know KC wont do it. Thats STUPID. 

Not sure about Mahomes calling his own plays right now. I love him as our QB, but he has to be reined in at times. I think this may also be the rift between him and EB. I want EB gone like everyone else, but Mahomes has to learn to take what's given to him on a consistent basis. I still haven't seen the game, but this is what I'm hearing from post-game podcast. 

Just now, qnet said:

Not sure about Mahomes calling his own plays right now. I love him as our QB, but he has to be reined in at times. I think this may also be the rift between him and EB. I want EB gone like everyone else, but Mahomes has to learn to take what's given to him on a consistent basis. I still haven't seen the game, but this is what I'm hearing for post-game podcast. 

I was not serious about him calling the plays. Just a sarcastic comment based on how plays are working out now and issues getting them in on time.

20 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I think the entire staff has become complacent.   Were are in year 2 struggling with what NFL defenses do in prevent and it's working to some degree.  We have Mahomes and Kelce.   EB should have been gone two years ago but the longer this plays out the more  

14 minutes ago, qnet said:

Not sure about Mahomes calling his own plays right now. I love him as our QB, but he has to be reined in at times. I think this may also be the rift between him and EB. I want EB gone like everyone else, but Mahomes has to learn to take what's given to him on a consistent basis. I still haven't seen the game, but this is what I'm hearing from post-game podcast. 

I'm not sure if Mahomes can become that qb.  I'm not sure we want him too but he really pushes against that dink and dunk style.  He could dominate doing it but he is so talented, I think he knows he should and will for small spurts and but it is against his football dna.   Seems like we are seeing 2021 all over again.  Offense who can score 40 at times but then have games like today that are putrid.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

I think EB is calling the plays.  there was 2 or 3 camera shots I saw the EB was calling the plays to Patrick and Andy was in the background holding the play card at his waist.  At least that's what it looked like to me

11 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I think EB is calling the plays.  there was 2 or 3 camera shots I saw the EB was calling the plays to Patrick and Andy was in the background holding the play card at his waist.  At least that's what it looked like to me

If EB is calling the plays then he needs to be relieved of his freaking duty!

The offence is so damn predictable my wife who knows nothing about football is guessing the plays.

Whenever Pat lines up under center, it's a run. We run the ball on every 1st and 10, and will not run it again no matter how many yds we gain. 

Reid has never been a run heavy coach, so it's hard for us to tell who's calling plays. One thing I can say is our OC, whomever it is sucks ass. We don't even look like we ever have an offensive game plan. We script the first drive, then it's "Pat go out there and do some crazy shit" for the rest of the game...

Someone mentioned Sean Payton....I'm warming up to the idea..

Just now, artsy said:

If EB is calling the plays then he needs to be relieved of his freaking duty!

The offence is so damn predictable my wife who knows nothing about football is guessing the plays.

Whenever Pat lines up under center, it's a run. We run the ball on every 1st and 10, and will not run it again no matter how many yds we gain. 

Reid has never been a run heavy coach, so it's hard for us to tell who's calling plays. One thing I can say is our OC, whomever it is sucks ass. We don't even look like we ever have an offensive game plan. We script the first drive, then it's "Pat go out there and do some crazy shit" for the rest of the game...

Someone mentioned Sean Payton....I'm warming up to it.

Head coach? I doubt he takes anything less. Has a huge TV deal if he wants it.