Chiefs Colts

20 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Just can't understand why we can't be told what was said. This wasn't in the last minute of a blowout game. This could be huge towards a playoff run. They're probably silent because Jones is embarrassed by what he said and the league probably knows it wasn't worthy of costing a game. 

Bottom line for me is Jones is ignorant for even saying any shit. The game was over. Yes its a huge potential loss for home field etc. I think he is being given a pass by the press and the team.

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Bottom line for me is Jones is ignorant for even saying any shit. The game was over. Yes its a huge potential loss for home field etc. I think he is being given a pass by the press and the team.

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion when you don't know what was said. Shit gets said on every play in the NFL. Jones said something. The ref and NFL decided it was enough to cost us a game. I'd like to know what was different about all the other shit said by all kinds of players  including Lord Brady.

17 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion when you don't know what was said. Shit gets said on every play in the NFL. Jones said something. The ref and NFL decided it was enough to cost us a game. I'd like to know what was different about all the other shit said by all kinds of players  including Lord Brady.

Good points. I think it was likely very not nice! Big moment in the game. Ref well aware of the situation and consequences to the outcome. Im not a conspiracy guy. I think most people are honest and want to do the right thing. You dont see Jones saying much. I think he knows, KC knows, the other refs know and the league knows it was nasty. 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Good points. I think it was likely very not nice! Big moment in the game. Ref well aware of the situation and consequences to the outcome. Im not a conspiracy guy. I think most people are honest and want to do the right thing. You dont see Jones saying much. I think he knows, KC knows, the other refs know and the league knows it was nasty. 

Well that is it, no way a flag should have been thrown imo as it was a costly one that impacted the game. More shit has been said before and even after this where they won't throw one. This was the straw that broke the camels back. The no face guarding call on Kelce and the no face mask call to off set penalties were also huge 

Just now, kkuenn said:

Well that is it, no way a flag should have been thrown imo as it was a costly one that impacted the game. More shit has been said before and even after this where they won't throw one. This was the straw that broke the camels back. The no face guarding call on Kelce and the no face mask call to off set penalties were also huge 

Agree. But we dont know what he said. It was likely extremely awful or someone on KC  , like Jones, would be telling us what was said proving your point. NO comment to me says it all.

Florio brought up a couple a good points during that discussion.  Where is the line.  What did Jones say that was so bad that it needed to be flagged as even if Jones doesnt say anything the league can and use it as an example to where that line is.   Chances are Andy has pretty much said STFU and don't say anything.   

I'm not a conspiracy guy and think the league is rigged or anything but this is the kinda stuff that makes people think it is especially with the league in bed with the sports and them openly promoting it.  You wanna keep things above board as much as possible to avoid people thinking the league is trying to influence outcomes.  

24 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. But we dont know what he said. It was likely extremely awful or someone on KC  , like Jones, would be telling us what was said proving your point. NO comment to me says it all.

In some ways it does but we also dont know what that particular offical would find offensive vs another offical.   The lines are very blurred when it comes to that kind of call 

26 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

In some ways it does but we also dont know what that particular offical would find offensive vs another offical.   The lines are very blurred when it comes to that kind of call 

True. But: If I were a KC Player, or Coach I would say something , if it was no so bad, even if I got fined. Jones has no comment. Other players heard what he said on both teams. The head official could over rule the flag if they discussed it as a group. It was a critical change of possession call. The game was over.  You are correct we will never know.

So some seem to think that at that point in a game a player can say anything , no matter how vile etc, and no flag should be thrown? Clearly the NFL does not agree. Hey I am no nfl dictatorship supporter. Would be nice if Jones would share. Seems he is taking the 5th. LOL 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So some seem to think that at that point in a game a player can say anything , no matter how vile etc, and no flag should be thrown? Clearly the NFL does not agree. Hey I am no nfl dictatorship supporter. 

I don't remember ever seeing a flag for 2 nfl players jawing. I'm guessing every play of every game some awful shit is said.  I'm not saying you can't throw a flag, but it should be a last resort. 

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't remember ever seeing a flag for 2 nfl players jawing. I'm guessing every play of every game some awful shit is said.  I'm not saying you can't throw a flag, but it should be a last resort. 

Agree 100%. Thats why I think it was off the charts bad. Way beyond the normal trash talk. We will never know.

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

True. But: If I were a KC Player, or Coach I would say something , if it was no so bad, even if I got fined. Jones has no comment. Other players heard what he said on both teams. The head official could over rule the flag if they discussed it as a group. It was a critical change of possession call. The game was over.  You are correct we will never know.

Just my opinion, but I think the reason no one is saying anything is it may open a pandora's box. If Jones has to say what he said, then when other players get flagged for stuff like this, people will want to know. I also think things have been said just as worse by other players, and not flagged. Someone brought up a point about some some officials my be more offended than others, so that's something to think about.

In the past, when the Chiefs played the Patriots; Jones & Brady would be in each others face jawing at each other. They never flag Brady for it, and that seems to be Chris Jones thing.