Chiefs Colts

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Mahomes has been one of the most pressured QB this season. Oline is disappointing. Why is the oline coach getting a pass?

I haven't watched the game, and can't speak for anyone; but maybe everyone is just being hopeful. Orlando Brown is sure getting roasted. I gave them a pass because the Chargers Dline is so good, but perhaps KcCrow was correct like you. I can only hope they will get better. What crazy is the defense is playing much better this season. The run defense is really surprising me.  

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Mahomes has been one of the most pressured QB this season. Oline is disappointing. Why is the oline coach getting a pass?

It’s all so predictable offensively. That’s the biggest issue imo. It’s easier to pin their ears and go. 
just like Tampa in the bowl. And cincy at the end last year. 
it is an extremely predictable offense at this point. And there is zero chance of kc running it. So it makes it’s very easy to game plan. Back to back games, same look. 

brightside is now we have a real defense 

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

I hear run the ball. Take away Mahomes scrambles, we were 19 carries for 32 yards. 1.7/carry with a long run of 6 yards. Time to start talking about this O Line. Rarely any holes. RBs trying make something out of nothing. Not much better in pass pro. 

Exactly. If you take away the CEH 50 yard run you have almost nothing.

Just finished the game.  Thought at the end of half we would come out and jump to a lead and never look back.   This team is undisciplined.   Sky Moore's muffed punt gifted them 7 points, his next bad decision put our O in horrible position.   We held them and came out on top at half.   Our D looked good today minus Chris Jones stupidity.   That game was won and in hand until he just had to keep running his mouth.  Sad because with our schedule every win is important.   Our O is a problem.  Its predictable and boring.  I do not think EB has a good feeling or rhythm in play calling.  Our personnel decisions too are odd.  1st and goal from the 3 and we rush up the gut with McKinnon?   CEH just doesn't have the speed or ability to overcome for poor blocking or get to the edge.  

Kelce missed an easy TD.   Reid opting for a fake on 4th down that had zero chance.   2 missed fgs and a missed PAT iirc.   This loss reminds me of the Alex Smith days.  Played well enough to win but found a way to lose.

Hate losing these types of games to inferior teams.   We are undisciplined in every facet of the game.     Mahomes is going to have to start calling people out for it to change.   CJ's mistake could end up being the difference in first round bye and a wild card.  Our schedule is that tough.   Mental mistakes all over the field and not just this week but every week.   Ugly game coming off a mini bye.  

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Just finished the game.  Thought at the end of half we would come out and jump to a lead and never look back.   This team is undisciplined.   Sky Moore's muffed punt gifted them 7 points, his next bad decision put our O in horrible position.   We held them and came out on top at half.   Our D looked good today minus Chris Jones stupidity.   That game was won and in hand until he just had to keep running his mouth.  Sad because with our schedule every win is important.   Our O is a problem.  Its predictable and boring.  I do not think EB has a good feeling or rhythm in play calling.  Our personnel decisions too are odd.  1st and goal from the 3 and we rush up the gut with McKinnon?   CEH just doesn't have the speed or ability to overcome for poor blocking or get to the edge.  

Kelce missed an easy TD.   Reid opting for a fake on 4th down that had zero chance.   2 missed fgs and a missed PAT iirc.   This loss reminds me of the Alex Smith days.  Played well enough to win but found a way to lose.

Hate losing these types of games to inferior teams.   We are undisciplined in every facet of the game.     Mahomes is going to have to start calling people out for it to change.   CJ's mistake could end up being the difference in first round bye and a wild card.  Our schedule is that tough.   Mental mistakes all over the field and not just this week but every week.   Ugly game coming off a mini bye.  

Good points. 

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Summary of what I said. 
predictable and too many moving parts.

no identity whatsoever 

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The other team is calling the play before it happens 

bah.. 

the defense played well. 

The million dollar question is what was said to trigger the call. 

the special teams was seriously unspecial.. cost us 7 points, and gave the colts 7 points. 

the offense... was sputtering and never got started. 

the argument between mahomes and eric going into the half showed a breakdown that is apperantly affecting the whole team. 

we lost, we got a week to straighten it out. 

Its a long year and there is still hope.  Our run D is for real and will only get better with Harris getting reps and when Gay returns.   Getting McDuffie back will help as well.   This D could be a top 10 unit something Mahomes has never had.

Our O is the problem.  We have more than enough talent to win the SB with this O.   If we needed our 2003 Oline, and Hill back along with everyone else we have added to win then we are underperforming.   

Mahomes doesn't like this style of play and it seems he is resistant and bucking against the system instead of embracing it.   I believe its a curse to be so talented were other qb's like Brady have thrived in their system because they never had the luxury of being so talented to not lean into theirs. The NFL has caught up to what we are doing and the only answer is to sign 2-3 elite wr's and outplaye the d, run them into submission (we aren't committed enough nor do we have the back to do that), or keep evolving.    We haven't done any of those.   Our coaching staff is stagnant and we haven't brought in new blood in so long that its an echo chamber.   If any team can pull themselves out of this, it is our team but its been a year of seeing the same crap minus one idiot desert DC who thought blitzing was the answer.  

I know this is our soft rebuild year but we should be able to compete this year if the O can find a rhythm.  Its sad that our D looks farther along that our O.   Just an odd couple of games.  We are 2-1 and have a lot of season left to play so the sky is still the limit.  Better to peak later than sooner anyways so we have that going for us i guess.

12 minutes ago, robgar said:

bah.. 

the defense played well. 

The million dollar question is what was said to trigger the call. 

the special teams was seriously unspecial.. cost us 7 points, and gave the colts 7 points. 

the offense... was sputtering and never got started. 

the argument between mahomes and eric going into the half showed a breakdown that is apperantly affecting the whole team. 

we lost, we got a week to straighten it out. 

I’d say they cost 13 points with the missed field goal and fake field goal. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

AFC West not so tough. Thought we had a decent win vs Chargers and they're getting trashed by JAX. And of course, out loss to lowly IND. AFC East is the beast

Although Jax appears  to be better, it still  looks bad how the Chargers got dominated after the free agent signings and preseason hype.

Andy tried the Fake FG because he had no trust in the kicker, that whole thing was poorly executed. I hope Butker is back soon. Someone said it earlier but trash talk is part of the game, stupid call by the ref no matter what CJ was saying.  The obvious heat between Patrick and EB is concerning, because i think Patrick is pissed at his style of playcalling and he has good reason to be. Patrick made EB not the other way around so i think EB's ego is getting in the way. Game lacked any energy at all and showed that the chiefs still think they can flip the imaginary switch whenever they want and win but that will be hard to do this season. Thank god that Buffalo and LA both lost and  i expect denver to lose as well so nothing lost or gained.

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Actually he is.  Thats been established and doesn't go away with 1 loss.  

Thats your opinion. He is no better than many nfl coaches and its not just one loss. Great coach yes. Genius not so much. Mahomes gives him an edge. Without Mahomes he is that losing playoff coach once again. Cant score often inside the 5. He outsmarts himself.