On 9/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, Lamardirts said:

Its year 3.  I know he's dealt with injuries but Kareem Hunt was miles ahead in his first year as a rookie.   CEH and Hardman are JAGS.  I'm sure there are players that turn it on after three years in the L but both of these guys aren't sitting behind someone hidden in the shadows they have had more than enough run to get a clear picture of what they are.   Its sad because I was pumped for both of them coming out but the proof is in the pudding.   Would love to be wrong though.

this is the reason I am always very apprehensive when we draft from big superstar college programs(Alabama, LSU, Georgia, etc) because those teams have better players at every position so they look outstanding.  Kareem went to a much smaller school and still put up stats as the only real weapon that team had and we saw first hand what that can mean.  Hardman was just flat out faster than everyone else in college and he was able to do whatever he wanted but now in the pros he is just another guy with speed.  That is what made Hill so dangerous, he is incredibly fast but he continued to work hard to get better.  Hardman doesn't seem to have any drive to get better.  This year was his chance to really explode.  Longest tenured player in the WR room, most time with the playbook, most time with the QB, contract year as well and he is 3rd or 4th on depth chart. 

2 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

this is the reason I am always very apprehensive when we draft from big superstar college programs(Alabama, LSU, Georgia, etc) because those teams have better players at every position so they look outstanding.  Kareem went to a much smaller school and still put up stats as the only real weapon that team had and we saw first hand what that can mean.  Hardman was just flat out faster than everyone else in college and he was able to do whatever he wanted but now in the pros he is just another guy with speed.  That is what made Hill so dangerous, he is incredibly fast but he continued to work hard to get better.  Hardman doesn't seem to have any drive to get better.  This year was his chance to really explode.  Longest tenured player in the WR room, most time with the playbook, most time with the QB, contract year as well and he is 3rd or 4th on depth chart. 

I think Hardman has been a little banged up. 

2 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

is it  Big School RBs or just Chiefs RBs??  I'd say it's the Chiefs Draft if you want to go there and CEH was Patrick's pick. I'd love to know who  the other option or otherwise your  argument doesn't hold water because I give you current Big School RBs R  like  Derrick Henry, Alabama/  Leonard Fournette, LSU/ Alvin Kamara, Tennessee/ Nick Chubb, Georgia. Najee Harris Alabama/ Dalvin Cook  Florida State / Joe Mixon Oklahoma and I could go on and on

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

is it  Big School RBs or just Chiefs RBs??  I'd say it's the Chiefs Draft if you want to go there and CEH was Patrick's pick. I'd love to know who  the other option or otherwise your  argument doesn't hold water because I give you current Big School RBs R  like  Derrick Henry, Alabama/  Leonard Fournette, LSU/ Alvin Kamara, Tennessee/ Nick Chubb, Georgia. Najee Harris Alabama/ Dalvin Cook  Florida State / Joe Mixon Oklahoma and I could go on and on

I was talking about in general(all positions) a lot of those big name programs drop players that were outstanding in college and they don't live up to the hype in the NFL.  CEH played on a team of great players in college that made him look good when its obvious he isn't that good.  Lets not act like Fournette's career has been spectacular, the Jags cut him after being drafted 4th. 

My point was that I am always cautious of players for the dominant big name schools being great in the NFL.  There have been a lot of busts from those teams just like some pan out and are very good.  CEH so far has shown how he was a product of having great players around him in college.

Just now, timmy_6262 said:

Even when he was healthy at the start of the season he was 3rd.  With him having the leg up over everyone else with being here for 3 years already he should be WR1 but he's not. 

NO reason to think he should be a #1. He has never shown that level of talent. It was a desperate pick based on Hill situation. Chiefs wanted a speed guy to take the top off. He was never expected to be the guy. He is a decent #3 and punt return gadget guy. Not making a ton of money. Very useful role player.

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

If Justyn Ross can get back to 100% then Hardman will be gone this next offseason like Robinson

I dont get the Hardman hate. The guy had decent stats in his role and makes a big play from time to time. He is a good decoy because of his speed. The twop guys ahead of him have not shown me much yet. Those two are expected to be the one & two. Hell Kelce dropped a TD Sunday. It happens.

18 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont get the Hardman hate. The guy had decent stats in his role and makes a big play from time to time. He is a good decoy because of his speed. The twop guys ahead of him have not shown me much yet. Those two are expected to be the one & two. Hell Kelce dropped a TD Sunday. It happens.

I don't hate him and I understand why he was picked where he was in the draft but to me its how in 3 years he hasn't gotten any better at anything so far.  He talked about how he was behind really good players and its his time to shine and blah blah blah but even with the huge leg up over the other WR he didn't get any better.  NFL players should progress but he hasn't....that's is what I'm annoyed about with him.  I hate when people bring up the whole "could of had this guy or that guy" and I refuse to do that because nobody knows the future but he should of progressed after 3 years in the exact same offense, with mostly the same staff, and mostly the same players.