Offensive line

I feel like we are trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole, with obj. I’d like to see Veach get creative in trading him before the deadline. He is definitely not worth a top tackle contract. 

a couple ideas…

detroit gets Brown.  
chiefs get Pene Sewell. 
Detroit gets a big physical RT to play opposite Taylor. Brown will obviously have to be convinced. Chiefs get a young LT. Pene will want to be a LT. And his pass blocking fits what the chiefs are more. 

Jaguars get Brown. 
Chiefs get 2nd round pick and Walker Little. 
Little is the back up to Robinson and Taylor. But OBJ can start at LT and Can Robinson becomes their swing tackle or kicks into guard. Improves their line for their young QB. 
Little is a great pass blocker and is a perfect Reid tackle being tall and long. 

Titans get OBJ. 
Chiefs get 2nd round pick and Petit-Frere. 
Lean is out for the year and OBJ is Taylor made for their run first offense. Petit-Frere was a top tackle prospect in this last draft and am athletic pass protector. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I feel like we are trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole, with obj. I’d like to see Veach get creative in trading him before the deadline. He is definitely not worth a top tackle contract. 

a couple ideas…

detroit gets Brown.  
chiefs get Pene Sewell. 
Detroit gets a big physical RT to play opposite Taylor. Brown will obviously have to be convinced. Chiefs get a young LT. Pene will want to be a LT. And his pass blocking fits what the chiefs are more. 

Jaguars get Brown. 
Chiefs get 2nd round pick and Walker Little. 
Little is the back up to Robinson and Taylor. But OBJ can start at LT and Can Robinson becomes their swing tackle or kicks into guard. Improves their line for their young QB. 
Little is a great pass blocker and is a perfect Reid tackle being tall and long. 

Titans get OBJ. 
Chiefs get 2nd round pick and Petit-Frere. 
Lean is out for the year and OBJ is Taylor made for their run first offense. Petit-Frere was a top tackle prospect in this last draft and am athletic pass protector. 

Nobody is going to give up a high pick and pay this guy. They will see the same thing we see. Hopefully KC will never trade picks and then pay a massive contract to any player. Use free agency if you must. .

Im hoping he will get it together and finish strong.  Maybe then you can trade him.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Nobody is going to give up a high pick and pay this guy. They will see the same thing we see. Hopefully KC will never trade picks and then pay a massive contract to any player. Use free agency if you must. .

Im hoping he will get it together and finish strong.  Maybe then you can trade him.

Well he Does have pro bowls to his name. And others might see him as more of a fit into their system. 

40 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If we trade him to some stupid desperate team mid season that’s fine by me.

We should really make him move to RT and see if fischer is in shape to give LT a chance.

or as I suggested in the offseaon, let thuney play LT and plug allegretti in at guard, or something along those lines.

I just wonder if moving him to RT would really help?

I mean, I bitched about his footwork last year during TC. I'm not exactly sure if opposing DEs wouldn't do the same thing to him on the right side. (Wide splits...and then run right past him) I guess Pat would be able to see the pressure coming?? Hell, IDK. OBJ sucks and I'm so glad we didn't pay him.

50 minutes ago, artsy said:

I mean, I bitched about his footwork last year during TC. I'm not exactly sure if opposing DEs wouldn't do the same thing to him on the right side. (Wide splits...and then run right past him) I guess Pat would be able to see the pressure coming?? Hell, IDK. OBJ sucks and I'm so glad we didn't pay him.

Funny thing is, he turned down our offer. Sure, there may have been wording or a year that qas on the back end etc. I do believe he would still have been paid top 5 if not top 3 still though with it. 

54 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yeah exactly, im not sure he plays any different at RT, but mahomes is clearly uneasy about getting blindsided by a pass rusher going full speed because of a whiff by him at LT.

would thuney or insert random average person we can throw in there be better? Im not sure but we can’t live with mahomes being so unconfident in brown at LT all seasom

We need to try Rojo on first and second down and then use CEH and McKinnon as change of pace/3rd down backs.  Take away CEH 52 yard run and he is getting 3.04 ypc.  Nobody even cares about the run game and without Hill nobody is worried about our deep throws until MVS, Hardman, and Pat get on the same page and hit those shots.

5 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I looked at the O Line as a strength of the team coming into the season. Not so much anymore. They're regressing. 

Maybe they're still good, but the scheme???

That CEH run in this post is just ridiculous. No wonder we can't..excuse me, DON"T run the ball.

One less pass rusher to worry about.

Chargers placed Joey Bosa (groin) on injured reserve.

Per Brandon Staley, Bosa suffered a torn groin in Week 3 and will undergo surgery. Staley said he expects Bosa to return this season. It's not the worst outcome for Bosa and the team, but it is another bad beat for a team that is being hammered by injuries. Bosa had 1.5 sacks, two TFLs, and a forced fumble while appearing in a little over two games. Free agent signing Khalil Mack will be asked to step up in Bosa's absence. Mack has four sacks already, so he should be up to the task

56 minutes ago, Calichief said:

he's not wrong.  Any DE with some speed will blow by Brown Jr. like he isn't there without help.  If he forces them inside he has a good chance to win that battle but outside he's done.  Now if we have short pass plays where Pat gets it out quick it's a non issue but anything longer and he's playing with fire and better be ready to run.

Nobody will give up picks for Brown at this point. He would need a solid season rest of the way to warrant anything but otherwise I see him getting a 2nd/3rd tier OT contract in FA and nothing more. I didn't expect Wylie to be a real solution as he has never been a consistently decent player at any position, small sample size misled us. However I didn't expect Brown to turn into a liability.