Offensive line

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/9/29/23375951/chiefs-injuries-analyzing-lucas-niangs-patellar-tendon-rupture-and-his-potential-return

The common thread when comparing each player’s recovery is at least a 10-month rehab from the date of injury to the player’s return. Here, Conklin should be viewed as the guideline when gauging Niang’s return to the field — given they play the same position and that Conklin’s injury occurred less than two months prior to Niang’s; so surgical methods were likely to be similar.

Conklin returned to the field and started every snap for the Cleveland Browns last week, nearly 10 months to the day following his injury. It also should be noted that Conklin did practice with the team in training camp; he was not immediately rushed back to a regular- season game.

Given the recent history of this particular injury in the NFL — and the fact that Niang has not yet returned to the practice field — the most realistic return timeframe would most likely be late October to early November. This should be viewed as a best-case scenario. Anything sooner than this would be bucking the recent NFL trends.

Given the importance of depth at Niang’s position — and especially considering the team’s hit-or-miss offensive line play to begin the season — this might be unsettling news. In the long run, however, it is more important that Niang isn’t rushed back to the playing field too soon. In the past, this has been a devastating injury for other players. So it is in the best interest of the player (and the team) to make sure Niang is fully recovered before he returns.

57 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/9/29/23375951/chiefs-injuries-analyzing-lucas-niangs-patellar-tendon-rupture-and-his-potential-return

The common thread when comparing each player’s recovery is at least a 10-month rehab from the date of injury to the player’s return. Here, Conklin should be viewed as the guideline when gauging Niang’s return to the field — given they play the same position and that Conklin’s injury occurred less than two months prior to Niang’s; so surgical methods were likely to be similar.

Conklin returned to the field and started every snap for the Cleveland Browns last week, nearly 10 months to the day following his injury. It also should be noted that Conklin did practice with the team in training camp; he was not immediately rushed back to a regular- season game.

Given the recent history of this particular injury in the NFL — and the fact that Niang has not yet returned to the practice field — the most realistic return timeframe would most likely be late October to early November. This should be viewed as a best-case scenario. Anything sooner than this would be bucking the recent NFL trends.

Given the importance of depth at Niang’s position — and especially considering the team’s hit-or-miss offensive line play to begin the season — this might be unsettling news. In the long run, however, it is more important that Niang isn’t rushed back to the playing field too soon. In the past, this has been a devastating injury for other players. So it is in the best interest of the player (and the team) to make sure Niang is fully recovered before he returns.

he takes a year off cuz of COVID and now he's glass.. hit the road fat ass

1 hour ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Niang is beginning to sound like another Albert Haynesworth(sp) to me.  Collect your paycheck and do nothing.

Yeah but Haynesworth once got kicked out of a restaurant for swiping his credit card between his server's ample tits. So I will continue to live vicariously through him. Niang will never reach that level of legend.

13 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Niang is beginning to sound like another Albert Haynesworth(sp) to me.  Collect your paycheck and do nothing.

He needs to get paid before sounding Haynesworth and doesn't even need to be just as much. Mid round pick on a rookie deal.

I wish we would have given Kinnard more of a chance. I’m watching Faalele play and start at LT and done well. And Kinnard has better movement numbers than him. And remember Kinnard was given the top lineman in the SEC award. The kid has talent just needs to get comfortable and continue to work on technique, but why not as a starter? 

let’s not act like Wylie is an answer and should be standing in the way of more talented players. I am starting to get a Ben Neimann/Willie Gray, Darrius Harris type situation feeling

I haven't seen a lot of posting on the site concerning the upcoming game. You guys are nervous about this upcoming game (so I'm I)  but, I thought I see much more activity, other than dwelling on what happened in the last game.  Anyway, I guess I'm dwell on it also, with this observation I'm about to make..Watching the Packers/Pat game, and I'm impressed how easily they're running the ball. What impressed me the most is, they had a 3 and 2, and didn't convert. They had a 4 and 1 and with ease, got the 1st down on a running play. makes me wonder why the Chiefs can't do the same. They scored a TD

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I haven't seen a lot of posting on the site concerning the upcoming game. You guys are nervous about this upcoming game (so I'm I)  but, I thought I see much more activity, other than dwelling on what happened in the last game.  Anyway, I guess I'm dwell on it also, with this observation I'm about to make..Watching the Packers/Pat game, and I'm impressed how easily they're running the ball. What impressed me the most is, they had a 3 and 2, and didn't convert. They had a 4 and 1 and with ease, got the 1st down on a running play. makes me wonder why the Chiefs can't do the same. They scored a TD

The Genius Reid has not figured it out after 3 seasons.

Yes this is AFCWEST beating that dead horse. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/09/orlando-browns-mediocrity-harms-chiefs-present-future-plans/

After the contract negotiations ended, there seemed to be bad blood between Brown and the Chiefs. Kansas City front office members said “this isn’t the same guy that we traded for,” saying Brown was not a team player and difficult to work with. Sure, these statements are anonymous and should be taken with a grain of salt. But, where there is plenty of smoke, there is a fire.

Both parties have moved on to the regular season, but there are still some effects of Brown’s extensive negotiations going nowhere. Each of Kansas City’s moves this past offseason had to be made considering a possible Brown deal. Chiefs general manager Brett Veach loves to back-load contracts. metaphorically kicking the financial can down the road. But, Brown’s $16.7 million cap hit emptied the Chiefs’ war chests, taking up a good portion of the Chiefs’ cap space. Without an extension. the Chiefs couldn’t re-sign veterans like cornerback Charvarius Ward, defensive end Melvin Ingram, or safety Tyrann Mathieu. While some of those players were unlikely to return, Kansas City’s lack of cap space turned a probability into a certainty.

The Chiefs could have used that cap space flexibility to retain Ingram, add another veteran wide receiver, or bolster a young defensive backfield. But Brown’s franchise tag made those moves unlikely. If Brown was dominating so far this season, the franchise tag would seem like a discount. However, Brown is not even playing up to that salary, much less the one he felt he deserved this summer.

After Week 4, Brown was amongst the worst offensive tackles in the league. His nine quarterback hurries allowed is tied for the league’s worst mark, while he ranks in the bottom five for quarterback hits allowed, pressures allowed, and sacks allowed. Again, take it for what it is worth, but Brown’s 54.9 PFF grade for pass blocking ranks 48th amongst offensive tackles.

Right now, Brown is not worth the historic deal Kansas City offered him this offseason.

Granted, Brown still has time to turn things around. There are 13 regular season games left, and Brown has faced some of the league’s best pass rushers so far. The schedule gets a little more forgiving for Brown’s one-on-one matchups, but the fact remains that Brown looks like a weak link on the offensive line. A positive change in his performance will make this offseason’s negotiations even more awkward.

23 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes this is AFCWEST beating that dead horse. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/09/orlando-browns-mediocrity-harms-chiefs-present-future-plans/

After the contract negotiations ended, there seemed to be bad blood between Brown and the Chiefs. Kansas City front office members said “this isn’t the same guy that we traded for,” saying Brown was not a team player and difficult to work with. Sure, these statements are anonymous and should be taken with a grain of salt. But, where there is plenty of smoke, there is a fire.

Both parties have moved on to the regular season, but there are still some effects of Brown’s extensive negotiations going nowhere. Each of Kansas City’s moves this past offseason had to be made considering a possible Brown deal. Chiefs general manager Brett Veach loves to back-load contracts. metaphorically kicking the financial can down the road. But, Brown’s $16.7 million cap hit emptied the Chiefs’ war chests, taking up a good portion of the Chiefs’ cap space. Without an extension. the Chiefs couldn’t re-sign veterans like cornerback Charvarius Ward, defensive end Melvin Ingram, or safety Tyrann Mathieu. While some of those players were unlikely to return, Kansas City’s lack of cap space turned a probability into a certainty.

The Chiefs could have used that cap space flexibility to retain Ingram, add another veteran wide receiver, or bolster a young defensive backfield. But Brown’s franchise tag made those moves unlikely. If Brown was dominating so far this season, the franchise tag would seem like a discount. However, Brown is not even playing up to that salary, much less the one he felt he deserved this summer.

After Week 4, Brown was amongst the worst offensive tackles in the league. His nine quarterback hurries allowed is tied for the league’s worst mark, while he ranks in the bottom five for quarterback hits allowed, pressures allowed, and sacks allowed. Again, take it for what it is worth, but Brown’s 54.9 PFF grade for pass blocking ranks 48th amongst offensive tackles.

Right now, Brown is not worth the historic deal Kansas City offered him this offseason.

Granted, Brown still has time to turn things around. There are 13 regular season games left, and Brown has faced some of the league’s best pass rushers so far. The schedule gets a little more forgiving for Brown’s one-on-one matchups, but the fact remains that Brown looks like a weak link on the offensive line. A positive change in his performance will make this offseason’s negotiations even more awkward.

Best Friends GIF

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I was correct about Brown & KC so there is that!  Even get it right once in a blue moon. LOL

Hang on West....! I said he sucked ass last year in TC, and YOU were one the guys jumping my shit. Soooo, I wouldn't say that you said/saw it first .

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Hang on West....! I said he sucked ass last year in TC, and YOU were one the guys jumping my shit. Soooo, I wouldn't say that you said/saw it first .

I have never supported Brown. You have that confused. Guys on this board have been all over me about not signing Brown. In fact I hated the trade and called it then. So we agree. 

Brown+Hardman package to the first team that offers a pick!  Just like Fish….Veach is just to late on these trades.  Gotta send them packing at high market not low.  Bears seem to no stop run plus could use a speedy WR.  They have extra picks so who knows if Veach could get something from his old buddy for a Brown/Hardman package.

Welp....  just keeping the thread current to add that he did NOTHING to help himself last night against the Raiders.  Another sad outing where he was constantly getting beat and Mahomes was constantly the victim of OBJ's poor play...

Dead serious....  if the chiefs announced today that they traded him to a team for a 7th rounder, I wouldn't even be upset.  Just another selfish, underperforming player that listened to the people around him instead of reality....

The worst part...  we all know that next season he will be grossly overpaid by someone like the Dolphins or Commanders and he'll think the Chiefs "disrespected" him

11 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Welp....  just keeping the thread current to add that he did NOTHING to help himself last night against the Raiders.  Another sad outing where he was constantly getting beat and Mahomes was constantly the victim of OBJ's poor play...

Dead serious....  if the chiefs announced today that they traded him to a team for a 7th rounder, I wouldn't even be upset.  Just another selfish, underperforming player that listened to the people around him instead of reality....

The worst part...  we all know that next season he will be grossly overpaid by someone like the Dolphins or Commanders and he'll think the Chiefs "disrespected" him

Thats the best part. Let someone else over pay him. Who cares what he thinks. Yes Oldtimer beating a very dead horse. LOL