Offensive line

Orlando Brown

Hindsight is always 20/20, and with the way Brown’s season has started, he may have been better off taking Veach’s offer. According to PFF, Brown has never finished a season among the top 20 tackles in the league, and he is currently ranked as the 49th overall tackle. Thus far in 2022, he has been credited with 24 pressures allowed, four QB hits surrendered, and a sack. For context, Ronnie Stanley—who the Baltimore Ravens chose to play LT over Brown—is the leading tackle in all of football right now. He has allowed zero sacks, zero QB hits, and just two pressures.

On one hand, the Chiefs have played a number of the league’s toughest defensive lines through their first seven games, but on the other, Orlando Brown proclaimed himself as the best left tackle in the league this offseason. For the sake of Patrick Mahomes’ health and his own potential to earn another contract with Kansas City, Orlando Brown needs to improve his performance after the bye week.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/11/03/3-chiefs-need-improve-performance-bye-week/3/

The market will determine his value but I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable giving Brown a top LT money at this point. Had high expectations based on his progression last year but that seems to have gone away completely. Hopefully he bounces back to a decent form for the sake of this season but OT may end up being the #1 priority in the draft. 

Well the entire Oline better step up on Sunday night because the Titans want to be physical just like last year's game. Mahomes' statline? 20-35 for 206 and a pick. They want this game to be an ugly brawly mess. It starts and ends with their defensive front and whether they can manhandle our Oline. Which is exactly what happened last year. 

36 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Well the entire Oline better step up on Sunday night because the Titans want to be physical just like last year's game. Mahomes' statline? 20-35 for 206 and a pick. They want this game to be an ugly brawly mess. It starts and ends with their defensive front and whether they can manhandle our Oline. Which is exactly what happened last year. 

If they really manhandled our O-line, it seems that Henry would have gotten more yards than he did. What was it, about 85 yards or something like that? Shows we need to worry about the pass, too.  I think we will win, though, especially at home. I'd really like to make a statement and clean their clock.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If they really manhandled our O-line, it seems that Henry would have gotten more yards than he did. What was it, about 85 yards or something like that? Shows we need to worry about the pass, too.  I think we will win, though, especially at home. I'd really like to make a statement and clean their clock.

That was when PM was in a slump and the offense was offensive. Tenn has played nobody so. Kc has played a tuff schedule. 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Not sure what their defensive line manhandling our offensive line has to do with Henry's statline. Titans offense is so so. Not horrible and not stellar. I'm more worried about the fact we put up 3 points last time. Our offense has to show up big. Yes I want to absolutely "49ers" this team so I can enjoy listening to all the excuses on the radio all next week. 

15 hours ago, dhitter said:

Not sure what their defensive line manhandling our offensive line has to do with Henry's statline.

I was talking about the game in general, not Henry.  But you are right. This thread is about Henry. No,   they did not manhandle our D-line.  We stopped Henry pretty well.

17 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

That was when PM was in a slump and the offense was offensive. Tenn has played nobody so. Kc has played a tuff schedule. 

I'll bet Tennessee fans are worried about this game. They should be. Also, Tannehill apparently didn't practice yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'll bet Tennessee fans are worried about this game. They should be. Also, Tannehill apparently didn't practice yesterday.

Yes. These guys have given up more points than they have scored against a weak schedule.

Prediction: I think they come out passing if Tannehill starts. They try using the pass to later set up the run.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I was talking about the game in general, not Henry.  But you are right. This thread is about Henry. No,   they did not manhandle our D-line.  We stopped Henry pretty well.

Agreed. But because we focused so hard on Henry that allowed Tannehill to play action pass us to death. Henry threw for a TD. Tannehill ran for a bootleg TD. But hey......we did limit Henry on the ground. Is it possible that plays out again? With no AJ Brown I'm gonna say not likely. But never say never.