6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I loved the Chiefs then.  And Marty was great for elevating the franchise and its expectations.  But if people are frustrated now, imagine how frustrated they'd be with Marty.  In 7 playoff seasons we never made a Super Bowl and in our 7 playoff losses, we averaged 11 points a game and never once scored more than 17.  That's what Marty ball looked like and we all forgot about that because he was better than Marv Levy.  

Good points. Different era and Marty never had a Mahomes. 

9 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I loved the Chiefs then.  And Marty was great for elevating the franchise and its expectations.  But if people are frustrated now, imagine how frustrated they'd be with Marty.  In 7 playoff seasons we never made a Super Bowl and in our 7 playoff losses, we averaged 11 points a game and never once scored more than 17.  That's what Marty ball looked like and we all forgot about that because he was better than Marv Levy.  

Oh I remember. But a little hard nosed smash mouth wouldn’t hurt. Tell this o line to start pancaking people and who gives a shit if they know it’s coming. A little of that would be nice. 

11 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Oh I remember. But a little hard nosed smash mouth wouldn’t hurt. Tell this o line to start pancaking people and who gives a shit if they know it’s coming. A little of that would be nice. 

yup I loved those days when the OPFOR knew we were running the ball and 78K fans did as well and  it was still 3-4 yrds and a cloud of dust.. That's Football!

I love a power running game as much as anybody but 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesnt work in today's NFL if the goal is to get and win the SB.   Opposing teams would love it if KC did that simply because it takes the ball out the best players hand pretty much every Sunday and on some weeks one of 3 best players on the Field in Kelce.  

10 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I love a power running game as much as anybody but 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesnt work in today's NFL if the goal is to get and win the SB.   Opposing teams would love it if KC did that simply because it takes the ball out the best players hand pretty much every Sunday and on some weeks one of 3 best players on the Field in Kelce.  

Christian Okoye led the Chiefs in rushing 4 times.  And I loved me some Christian Okoye.  In those 4 seasons we were 26-35-3.    It didn't work in yesterday's NFL either.  

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Only one account per person, Xen.

Like Reese said.  Everyone needs to calm down.  The Bills lost last week and they sold the farm to field a team that could……wait for it……beat us.  Some of you thinking we are drafting top 10 are crazy.  Top 20 is crazy too.   We chose to soft rebuild this year and still have a chance to win it all.  That’s good team management.  Some stuff needs to get cleaned up but we avoided a massive error in Brown and we have 5 wrs that are auditioning for another contract.   We will have cap to go get a #1 in the off-season if things turn out bad.  We have plenty of draft picks to fill holes on this team and we still have the best player in the NFL.  

We are just getting started.  If this defense develops into a top 12 unit this year we are already ahead of schedule.  Time will ultimately tell if this season is lost but one ugly fluky loss isn’t the nail in the coffin.