If this is a look at what the run game truly is which I think it is, then the league is on notice. This is what I thought we’d see if we there was commitment.

patrick mahomes with a run game like this isn’t fair. Guys will run wide open.

Stop the run ; and run the ball like this- I’m guaranteeing a super bowl victory. 

29 minutes ago, Calichief said:

If this is a look at what the run game truly is which I think it is, then the league is on notice. This is what I thought we’d see if we here was commitment.

Stop the run ; and run the ball like this- I’m guaranteeing a super bowl victory. 

All they talked about this morning was Patrick, nothing really mentioned about CEH or Pacheco...yes that opened a ton of things up last night with the effective run game

I have to wonder if Andy & EB will stick with it

43 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

All they talked about this morning was Patrick, nothing really mentioned about CEH or Pacheco...yes that opened a ton of things up last night with the effective run game

I have to wonder if Andy & EB will stick with it

Wondering the same. I have to give credit to EB the way the RB's run, his influence has to have some affect. 

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

That's the big question right there.  Couple years ago they did the same against Buffalo but didn't stick with it game to game. 

Yep. This is my concern. I've always said if they COMMIT to running the ball, the offense will move to another level. I sure hope they stick with it. We have the damn oline to do it against anyone!

Could you imagaine a running game with some deadly playaction? All those trick plays and shit would have defenses standing still guessing the entire game!

Serious question.  People that want us to commit to the run, can you give an example of the type of offense you are referring to?   The Titans? Ravens? Patriots?  What is the model you are trying for so that we have something to talk about that isn't so hypothetical.  

Just now, oldtimer said:

I think  "committing to the run" is basically saying let the run game open up the passing game where as Andy & Co use the passing game to open up the run game. If the run game is working then stay with it and run the ball closer to 60-70%.

Running the ball just seems so much like a foreign concept to Andy at times that it is infuriating. I get the argument of when you have a talent like Patrick you use it  but JMO here but his talent will be lengthened  if he doesn't wear himself out and subject himself to sacks/injury and inevitable concussion(s). He can still be Patrick and do his magical things I don't see where it gets in the way of that.

I know kind of what it means.  I'm asking for a team that can be used to make the point.  

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Serious question.  People that want us to commit to the run, can you give an example of the type of offense you are referring to?   The Titans? Ravens? Patriots?  What is the model you are trying for so that we have something to talk about that isn't so hypothetical.  

For me, It doesn't have to be anything specific relating to those teams, because they run different offenses. I want them to do what they can with how it relates to the WCO. Walsh, Shanahan, and even Marty were very effective running the ball.With the knowledge Reid has of the WCO, I don't see why we can't do the same, with the players we have. More power vs. zone.

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

If this is a look at what the run game truly is which I think it is, then the league is on notice. This is what I thought we’d see if we here was commitment.

The problem is that Reid has NEVER shown a willingness to consistently balance the run and pass even when it work. Fuck we averaged like 6 yards a carry in the AFCCG against Cincy. Kept right on passing, even though Pat was clearly in his own head...

Don't get me wrong. I love Reid and wouldn't trade him for any coach. But he is gonna call pass plays. 

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The problem is that Reid has NEVER shown a willing Ness to consistently balance the run and pass even when it work. Fuck weaveraged like 6 yards a carry in the AFCCG against Cincy. Kept right on passing, even though Pat was clearly in his own head...

Don't get me wrong. I love Reid and wouldn't trade him for any coach. But he is gonna call pass plays. 

Winner!

Our running game doesn't have to resemble any other teams approach. Running the ball makes it a lot easier to pass it....especially when you going up against LBs like TB had. It chews clock, it reduces risk of turnovers, it keeps the LBs honest and it physically wears down the defense. 

Just like lluvhouse said....Its not like we can't run the ball. We CAN, and were pretty good at it. I can't even think about that AFCCG because I believe we would've won the SB had we just stuck with the run. CINCI was rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage on every 2nd and 3rd down in the second half. 

Nonetheless, just lluvhouse stated....I love Reid and wouldn't trade him for anyone, But DAMN his relecutance to commint to the running game definetly infuriating...

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

I wouldn't guarantee that yet, but it does prove how running and passing are complementary.  I was wondering when Andy was going to start using the run game more.  After all, Orlando Brown, Jr. still stinks against speed rushers, but he is still great as a run blocker...so why not run the damn ball?  I still think 45% runs is the ideal mix as an average.  With Mahomes, maybe 40% runs, but that 35% running percentage has got to permanently stop being the runle.

Stopping the run...what a difference a couple of years make!  I think our run defense is for real.  When teams start respecting that, Spagnuolo's creative blitz packages will start to be really effective as more teams have to increase their passing percentage.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I wouldn't guarantee that yet, but it does prove how running and passing are complementary.  I was wondering when Andy was going to start using the run game more.  After all, Orlando Brown, Jr. still stinks against speed rushers, but he is still great as a run blocker...so why not run the damn ball.  I still think 45% runs is the ideal mix as an average.  Stopping the run...what a difference a couple of years make!  I think our run defense is for real.  When teams start respecting that, Spagnuolo's creative blitz packages will start to be really effective as more teams have to increase their passing percentage.

I think a ":real" pass rusher would help even more against the pass....I know we don't have one on the roster now, but damn a threat off the edge would be primo.

7 minutes ago, qnet said:

Maybe with the emergence of Pacheco complimenting CEH, Reid will run the ball more. 

That's what I'm hoping. I know Reid didn't shy away from running the ball when Kareem Hunt was here, so I'm hoping that since he saw that we could actually run the ball he'll go there a little more.??

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I’ve said it many times. In many threads. Just some commitment. It can’t be one sided. Balance. 60/40

it opens up the offense for the pass. 

can’t go brain dead when it’s given to you. Take it. Too many times it’s handed to them on a platter and ignored.

manning was great because he always had the threat of a run game. 

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

That's what I'm hoping. I know Reid didn't shy away from running the ball when Kareem Hunt was here, so I'm hoping that since he saw that we could actually run the ball he'll go there a little more.??

That was my thought as well. We know what happened with Hunt, so no ned to go over that, but if the Chiefs hadn't lost him, I'm not sure we don't have another SB by now. I remember games in 2017 when the Chiefs would finish teams running the ball. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Hunt was a better downfield receiver than either CEH or Pacheco.  The latter are good at receiving, but mostly short to intermediate range.  Hunt would take it intermediate range and had huge YAC.  So using the "running game" with Hunt more did not really take away from the passing game.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I’ve said it many times. In many threads. Just some commitment. It can’t be one sided. Balance. 60/40

can’t go brain dead when it’s given to you. Take it. Too many times it’s handed to them on a platter and ignored.

This. I'd love to see some play-action to keep the LBs honest.  That's how you work a a defense... keep them guessing. Don't allow them to pin their ears and bull-rush. Keeps Patrick healthy, and opens up more passing opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

We pretty much do 60/40.  Last year we had 1174 plays, 675 were pass attempts.  That's 59.5%