2 hours ago, artsy said:

That's what I'm hoping. I know Reid didn't shy away from running the ball when Kareem Hunt was here, so I'm hoping that since he saw that we could actually run the ball he'll go there a little more.??

I don't think we ran it that much more even with Hunt.  He was just more effective and efficient that defenses had to respect it.  Teams dont see CEH as the same kind of threat.   My hope is that IP gets more touches and he can be seen in the same way  Hunt was.   

Some of the criticism for not running it as much is also on Mahomes shoulders with the amount of RPO they run.  Its his choice to keep it and pass.  I believe he also has the ability to audible out of some of those plays and he is choosing not to.   Andy deserves the lions share of it but Mahomes isnt blameless either.  

21 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

So can someone please give me a real world offense that they like?  

The Kansas City Chiefs with a stronger running game which would reduce pressure on Patrick and undeniably augment their strong passing game.

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

We pretty much do 60/40.  Last year we had 1174 plays, 675 were pass attempts.  That's 59.5%

It’s the way we do it. It’s the moments of abandonment. revolving door… yesterday was well done 

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hunt was a better downfield receiver than either CEH or Pacheco.  The latter are good at receiving, but mostly short to intermediate range.  Hunt would take it intermediate range and had huge YAC.  So using the "running game" with Hunt more did not really take away from the passing game.

We really don't know what type of receiver Pacheco can be.  Too small of a sample size.  I'd love to see him in space with the ball in hand and charging into a CB.  The guy has some moves and isn't afraid of contact.  It's coming as soon as Andy/Pat trusts him and last night was a big step.  Not saying he's Hunt, but I think he'd also be good with YAC.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

We really don't know what type of receiver Pacheco can be.  Too small of a sample size.  I'd love to see him in space with the ball in hand and charging into a CB.  The guy has some moves and isn't afraid of contact.  It's coming as soon as Andy/Pat trusts him and last night was a big step.  Not saying he's Hunt, but I think he'd also be good with YAC.

Of course not, but I was referring to the present. Next year, Pacheco could become an awesome receiver and be much like Hunt was.

11 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

All they talked about this morning was Patrick, nothing really mentioned about CEH or Pacheco...yes that opened a ton of things up last night with the effective run game

I have to wonder if Andy & EB will stick with it

Skip was talking up are run game, probably because he hates to give Pat praise.

On 10/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, AFCWEST said:

Number of runs is not the real issue. Its effective runs that is important. Its short yardage situations that is important. Its situational running like using up the clock that is important. Im hoping yesterdays success allows Reid to go to the run more often in some key situations. 

That was the first time in a long time that the D (which is really good) knew we were gonna run and we still ran successfully.  That run that got called back by the bogus Fortson hold was a thing of beauty.

• 1 month later...

38 minutes ago, Calichief said:

It’s time to see if Ronald jones can help. 
he helped play a major role for the bucs. 
it’s time 

he must of really pissed in someone's cheerios and then with his "Release me" Tweets..he'll not see the field IMO unless of an injury.

55 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Not accurate. Reid started Hunt his rookie season and he led the league in rushing. 

Truth. There's no position in football that allows player to contribute and use their natural ability more quickly than RB. It's not taking a RB 2 years to acclimate to any offense. 

On 10/4/2022 at 10:06 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

That would be nice, but I doubt it.  Reid's offense is too complex. Even next year might be too soon.  Reid goes slow with developing guys like this.

Isiah Pacheco.jpg

If you want a guy on the field, you get them on the field. They have been playing football their whole lives. This argument drives me crazy: Hunt was in the field and wasn’t even supposed to start that year. 

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

If you want a guy on the field, you get them on the field. They have been playing football their whole lives. This argument drives me crazy: Hunt was in the field and wasn’t even supposed to start that year. 

Yep.  Only started because of Ware's knee injury.

On 10/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, reesebobby said:

So can someone please give me a real world offense that they like?  

An offense that when we are 1st and goal  we do not have to rely on gadget plays or passing plays to score. One that if we are within a yard or 2 chalk it up as a touchdown 90% of the time. My opinion is if you have 2 plays to get 2 yards you should be able to get it in the run game easy enough.