53 minutes ago, West said:

I think everyone here are fans of McKinnon.  He is the best overall RB on the roster.

The issue is that he gets dinged up all the time BECAUSE he sticks his nose in there on Pass Protect.

The Chiefs need to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

Pacheco was a steal in the draft and will continue to develop.  Far Exceeding expectations

I think it was Pacheco, but there was a quote from somebody during pre-season that said, " He runs like he is angry at the dirt."

35 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

I quess so 🤷🏼

Lol..you're not the only one. IP was not showing some of the patience "I" thought he needed to show early in the season. I was also screaming for him to be a little more patient on his runs. Andy even eluded to it in one of his pressers a few weeks ago. 

However, I have seen IP do better when it comes to being patient and allowing things to open up for him.....especially last week against the Jags. It was the best I've seen him perform. If he can continue to stay patient and take what the oline is giving him, our run game will finally open up. Thank god!

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I gotta say I was wrong about CEH.  I thought he would replace what we lost in Kareem Hunt.  My apologies to the Board.  

Lol..no apology needed for me anyways....After all, CEH was a 1st rd pick..Or better yet, WE SELECTED HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND.

Watching him at LSU, I never thought he'd go higher than the 3rd round. It's not his fault KC selected him in the 1st.

14 hours ago, artsy said:

Lol..no apology needed for me anyways....After all, CEH was a 1st rd pick..Or better yet, WE SELECTED HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND.

Watching him at LSU, I never thought he'd go higher than the 3rd round. It's not his fault KC selected him in the 1st.

If he came in the 3rd he would have been a star :D 

Always thought he was a decent RB that would never live up to the expectations of the first round. Turns out his "decent" status is up for debate. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

If he came in the 3rd he would have been a star :D 

Always thought he was a decent RB that would never live up to the expectations of the first round. Turns out his "decent" status is up for debate. 

At 32nd in the the first round, he was almost a 2nd rounder, anyway. It wasn't all Veach. Mahomes had been lobbying for him.

39 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

At 32nd in the the first round, he was almost a 2nd rounder, anyway. It wasn't all Veach. Mahomes had been lobbying for him.

I saw the Mahomes video. I think Mahomes is all in KC Management vs that was his opinion. He is an amazing TEAM FIRST GUY. I saw it as if Veach likes CEH then I can support getting more weapons. I doubt he did any real scouting or research. He trusts Veach, Reid, ETC. Win some lose some. Veach and Reid win most.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I saw the Mahomes video. I think Mahomes is all in KC Management vs that was his opinion. He is an amazing TEAM FIRST GUY. I saw it as if Veach likes CEH then I can support getting more weapons. I doubt he did any real scouting or research. He trusts Veach, Reid, ETC. Win some lose some. Veach and Reid win most.

True.  Also, it may be the CEH will still be what we thought.  I haven't given up on him entirely...yet.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I believe this 100%.  Veach could have drafted Breelands Speaks crippled brother and Mahomes would have said he loved the pic.  Also, why would the face of your franchise talk down on a pick that will ultimately be his teammate.   Mahomes isn't dumb though, he can surely see the limitations of CEH but he isn't going to be a bad teammate.  He will allow Veach and Reid to make those personnel moves.

how bout this version? Several other links that back this version up

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888456-andy-reid-says-patrick-mahomes-asked-chiefs-to-draft-rb-clyde-edwards-helaire

Andy Reid Says Patrick Mahomes Asked Chiefs to Draft RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid and general manager Brett Veach told running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire that quarterback Patrick Mahomes had a hand in the team drafting him Thursday.

Both Reid and Veach told Edwards-Helaire that Mahomes chose him when asked for his input on the No. 32 overall pick in the first round of the draft:

7 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We must take away Mahomes GM duties. 

Yes thats it. LOL. I doubt that Mahomes was researching players and let Reid know this was the guy. Maybe Veach sent him some players to look at. Maybe all were Rbs. Andy almost never really says anything that is insight into what KC does. Seems like Andy speak to me.

24 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes thats it. LOL. I doubt that Mahomes was researching players and let Reid know this was the guy. Maybe Veach sent him some players to look at. Maybe all were Rbs. Andy almost never really says anything that is insight into what KC does. Seems like Andy speak to me.

A to think Patrick doesn't watch College Football is just lunacy especially LSU  while they had Joe Burrow at QB JaMArr Chase. Justin Jefferson at WR,  CEH and Lanard Fournette at RB  who where SEC & NCAA Champions at 15-0, whom some have considered one of the all time great College Football teams  OF ALL TIME! is just fucking imbecilic. 

B  Yes that is the most  probable scenario. Andy or Veach or both  gave him a multiple pick question and that was his answer that still in no way disqualifies the notion that Patrick INDEED DID PICK CEH.

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

A to think Patrick doesn't watch College Football is just lunacy especially LSU  while they had Joe Burrow at QB JaMArr Chase. Justin Jefferson at WR,  CEH and Lanard Fournette at RB  who where SEC & NCAA Champions at 15-0, whom some have considered one of the all time great College Football teams  OF ALL TIME! is just fucking imbecilic. 

B  Yes that is the most  probable scenario. Andy or Veach or both  gave him a multiple pick question and that was his answer that still in no way disqualifies the notion that Patrick INDEED DID PICK CEH.

Great time to be a chiefs fan. I so enjoy these discussions. Its fun and entertaining at the same time.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:44 AM, reesebobby said:

I gotta say I was wrong about CEH.  I thought he would replace what we lost in Kareem Hunt.  My apologies to the Board.  

I thought so too. And so did Andy, Veach and Patrick.

So you're in good company.

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

how bout this version? Several other links that back this version up

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888456-andy-reid-says-patrick-mahomes-asked-chiefs-to-draft-rb-clyde-edwards-helaire

Andy Reid Says Patrick Mahomes Asked Chiefs to Draft RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid and general manager Brett Veach told running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire that quarterback Patrick Mahomes had a hand in the team drafting him Thursday.

Both Reid and Veach told Edwards-Helaire that Mahomes chose him when asked for his input on the No. 32 overall pick in the first round of the draft:

Curious about the board at that time. Chiefs already had a bunch of decent RBs on the roster, and much more urgent needs all over. Did they ask Mahomes to pick among some offensive playmakers or simply asked him to get a free shot at whatever he wanted 🤔

19 hours ago, oldtimer said:

At least he lobbied for him. Lobbyists don't make laws, but they sure influence lawmakers.  And where else would Mahomes get his info except by watching games and talking to other players who are his friends?  The Chiefs scouts probably also asked him what kind of player he needs most for the offense.  If they didn't do that, then they are incompetent.