Cook looked damn good last night in critical moments. Karloftis is a gamer. McDuffie is the real deal. Watson will keep getting better. 

we know Bolton and gay are studs. But man all the draft picks look like they are gonna be good.

this defense is set for the future. 

Agreed.  I really want to see more of McDuffie and how he does when a Qb goes right him.  The fact that he wasn't thrown at in the first game is impressive,  but I haven't really watched his play closely,  just going by what other's have said.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

Agreed.  I really want to see more of McDuffie and how he does when a Qb goes right him.  The fact that he wasn't thrown at in the first game is impressive,  but I haven't really watched his play closely,  just going by what other's have said.

Cook was in there in critical moments last night. Impressive 

Chenal didn't play much and Williams is a project, but the rest of the young defenders are impressive.  If Cooks shows out the rest of the season, the Chiefs may not have to pay Thornhill.  Fenton may also be expendable.  Future looks good for the back seven.  Saunders is doing great against the run. Gotta find that DE to replace Clark.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chenal didn't play much and Williams is a project, but the rest of the young defenders are impressive.  If Cooks shows out the rest of the season, the Chiefs may not have to pay Thornhill.  Fenton may also be expendable.  Future looks good for the back seven.  Saunders is doing great against the run. Gotta find that DE to replace Clark.

Chenal has to get through two incredible linebackers to see the field. Plus it’s hard when it’s a pass heavy offense. Hell progress and end up playing a big role when it’s all said and done.

Just now, xen said:

Chiefs 11th in league in sacks.  Tied for 2nd in total QB pressures.  5th in pressure %.

Karloftis sacks are on the way. He has 10 pressures. Good piece by Seth on his motor and how close he’s been 

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Nazeeh Johnson got in his first regular season game Sunday night.  ST only.  That's all the 7th round picks now.  Only Kinnard has not seen the field.

If trey smiths injury is legit, could we see kinnard at rt? Wylie at guard?

3 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Is McDuffie expected to return this year or is he out for the year?

Expected to return. Earliest would be against the Bills.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/9/19/23358630/chiefs-injuries-predicting-the-return-times-for-harrison-butker-and-trent-mcduffie

31 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

There's so many young guys contributing on defense that I'm starting to get confused by who they all are.  It's freakin awesome. 

yea I really have no idea who many are anymore and the # changes really confuse me

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Chenal has to get through two incredible linebackers to see the field. Plus it’s hard when it’s a pass heavy offense. Hell progress and end up playing a big role when it’s all said and done.

I like what I see when he’s in definitely a run stuffer right now. He’s athletic enough to improve in the passing game.

4 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

I like what I see when he’s in definitely a run stuffer right now. He’s athletic enough to improve in the passing game.

I think they should give Chenal a chance at DE or some sorta hybrid LB/DE so he can rush the qb.

Since Clark..well SUCKS and Karloftis needs more seasoning, why not give the youngster a chance. He was pretty good at it in college.

21 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I agree with Cali on the quality of the draft on the D side. Offensively, I think Pacheco will ended up being the a big steal of the draft. If this kid got 20 carries?  

Paccheco may be a steal, but don't be surprised if Moore gets increasing action and targets as the season progresses.